Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AmirSharitmadari

Am I a Seyed If my grandmother was a Seyed?

Rate this topic

18 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

No that does make you a " merze ". 
You are a Sayyed if your father is one.

By that definition, there is no syed in the world. Because all 'syeds' are coming down from fatima a.s. And hence imam hassan and hussain a.s. were also not syeds? 

1 hour ago, just a muslim said:

By that definition, there is no syed in the world. Because all 'syeds' are coming down from fatima a.s. And hence imam hassan and hussain a.s. were also not syeds? 

No. It is known that the bloodline of Muhammad (SAW) is through Fatima Al Zahra (AS) and that the Prophet had no sons that grew up and his offspring is through this Holy lady. 

It is interesting and I do want to know what is the background etc. here.
There are hadiths and literature on this subject. If someone is able to then please share it with us.

Edited by Mohammed-Mehdi

2 hours ago, just a muslim said:

Hazrat Ali(as) is the same bloodline of prophet Muhammad (pbuh),cousins, through one grandfather,both bani hashim, so he wasn’t just a random person, and he was the only man related to prophet by both marriage and bloodline.

but , after that,in any marriages , that the “man” is a random person,(not from bloodline of Ali and fatimah (as) ), is not Seyed.

Seyed passes through father of that person. Through mother is mirza.

also those that are from jafar tayyar(brother of hazrat amir), and Aqil, both bani hashim, they are also seyed. But these are سادات علویّین

through fatimah(as) is:  فاطمیّین سادات

just those that are through “father” bani hashim, Khoms can be given to them.

those that are through Mother fatemiyain but father is not from Qoraish tribe, sadaqah can be given to them,but not the khoms.

Edited by Arminmo

19 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Merze? 

I have never heard this before in my entire life.

He means 'Mirza'.

On 3/31/2018 at 9:50 PM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

No. It is known that the bloodline of Muhammad (SAW) is through Fatima Al Zahra (AS) and that the Prophet had no sons that grew up and his offspring is through this Holy lady. 

It is interesting and I do want to know what is the background etc. here.
There are hadiths and literature on this subject. If someone is able to then please share it with us.

What does it mean to be syed? In essence.

Who was the first syed? Imams hassan and hussains father was a syed or not? 

On 3/31/2018 at 10:58 PM, Arminmo said:

Hazrat Ali(as) is the same bloodline of prophet Muhammad (pbuh),cousins, through one grandfather,both bani hashim, so he wasn’t just a random person, and he was the only man related to prophet by both marriage and bloodline.

but , after that,in any marriages , that the “man” is a random person,(not from bloodline of Ali and fatimah (as) ), is not Seyed.

Seyed passes through father of that person. Through mother is mirza.

also those that are from jafar tayyar(brother of hazrat amir), and Aqil, both bani hashim, they are also seyed. But these are سادات علویّین

through fatimah(as) is:  فاطمیّین سادات

just those that are through “father” bani hashim, Khoms can be given to them.

those that are through Mother fatemiyain but father is not from Qoraish tribe, sadaqah can be given to them,but not the khoms.

Who is a syed? Who was the first syed? I ask the same questions from you. 

44 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

Who was the first syed? Imams hassan and hussains father was a syed or not? 

Any one that is connected to Hashim (bani hashim ) by father is seyed.

a honorable name, like in England “sir”.

Edited by Arminmo

On 3/30/2018 at 11:05 PM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

No that does make you a " merze ". 
You are a Sayyed if your father is one.

mother has been changed in to grandmother or I made a mistake.  
If the your father is a Mirza, but your mother not an 3lwiya, then you are no mirza and no sayyed, right.

To OP: Mirza if only mother " sayyeda " , If father Sayed: then you too sayed.

On 3/31/2018 at 11:49 AM, just a muslim said:

Read this:

Abu Ja'far Muhammad Ibn ‘Ali, entitled Sheikh Saduq, in the fourth century A.H. in his Uyun al-Akbar ar-Ridha (Major Sources for Imam Ridha), and Abu Mansur Ibn ‘Ali Tabarsi, in his Ehtijajj (Supports) give a detailed account of the conversation that took place between Harun ar-Rashid and Imam Musa Ja'far in the caliph's court.

The caliph asked the Imam,"How can you claim that you are a descendant of the Holy Prophet? The Prophet Muhammad had no descendant. It is acknowledged that descendants are from the male side and not from the female side. You belong to the generation of his daughter." The Imam recited verses 84-85 from Chapter VI of the Holy Qur'an:

“And, We gave to him Isaac and Jacob; each did We guide, and Noah did We guide before, and of his descendants David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Aaron; and thus do We reward those who do good. And, Zakariyya and John and Jesus and Elias; every one was of the good." (6:84-85)

The Imam asked the caliph: "Who was Jesus's father?" Harun replied that Jesus had no father. The Imam said: "There was no one, and yet Allah included Jesus in the progeny of the prophets through Mary. Similarly, He has included us in the progeny of the Holy Prophet through our ancestor Bibi Fatima."

Moreover, Imam Fakhru'd-Din Razi, in his Tafsir al-Kabir (Great Commentary), Bk IV, P. 124, Problem V, says regarding this verse that the verse proves that Hasan and Husain are the descendants of the Prophet of Islam. Since in this verse God has verified Jesus as a descendant of Abraham, and Jesus had no father, this relationship is from the side of the mother.

In the same manner, Hasan and Husain are truly the descendants of the Prophet. Imam Musa Kazim asked Harun if he wanted further proof. The caliph asked the Imam to continue.The Imam read verse 60 from Chapter III, "Aal-’Imran,"of the Holy Qur'an:

"But, whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: come, let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our selves, and your selves, then let us be earnest in prayer and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars." (3:61)

He continued, saying that no one has ever claimed that on the occasion of the spiritual contest (Mubahala) against the Christians of Najran that the Prophet took with him anyone except ‘Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Fatima, Hasan, and Husain. It follows, therefore that "selves" (anfusana) means ‘Ali Ibn Abi Talib. "Women"(nisa'ana) means Fatima and "sons" (abna'ana) means Hasan and Husain whom Allah has identified as the Prophet's own sons.

Upon hearing this argument, Harun exclaimed, "Bravo, O Abu'l-Hasan." Clearly, this reasoning proves that Hasan and Husain are the sons of the Prophet and that the ‘Sa'dat Fatima’ (descendants of Bibi Fatima) are of the progeny of the Holy Prophet.

Muhammad Ibn Yusuf Ganji Shafi'i, in his book Kifayatu't-Talib, and Ibn Hajar Makki on pages 74 and 93 of ‘Sawa’iq Muhariqa’ from Tabrani and Jabir Ibn Abdullah Ansari, and Khatib Khawarizmi in ‘Manaqib’ from Ibn Abbas - all relate that the Prophet said: "Allah created the progeny of every Prophet from his own generation, but my progeny was created in the generation of ‘Ali."

Abu Salih writes: HafizAbdu'l-Aziz Ibn Al-Akhzar, Abu Nu'aim, Tabari, Ibn Hajar Makkion page 112 of ‘Sawa'iq Muhriqa’, from Muhammad Ibn Yusuf GanjiShafi'i at the end of Part I after 100 Chapters of Kifayatu't-Talib, and Tabari in the narration of the life of Imam Hasan relate that the second caliph, ‘Umar Ibn Khattab, said:

"I heard the Prophet say that on the Day of Judgement every ancestry will be disconnected except my generation. Every generation of a daughter is from the father's side except the generation of Fatima, which is connected with me. I am their father, and ancestor."