Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
alinaf786

Going to Karbala for the first time. Need advice

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

I am a female going to Karbala and Najaf for the first time from the USA. I was wondering if someone would be able to answer some of my questions. It will greatly be appreciated. Thanks:

1) I know that makeup is not allowed. But what about eyelash extensions? These are fake  individual lashes that are placed on your real lashes. They look natural. I just don't want anyone giving me a hard time for having them. 

2) I am going to be on my menstrual cycle. Is there any advice regarding this?

3) Any other advice will greatly be appreciated. 

Thank-you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, alinaf786 said:

know that makeup is not allowed. But what about eyelash extensions? These are fake  individual lashes that are placed on your real lashes. They look natural. I just don't want anyone giving me a hard time for having them

I have seen girls get by with full faces of natural makeup while going to harrams so probably eye lash extensions won't be a problem but why wear them? Seriously..try leaving dunya behind for a change? You are going to visit the Imams(as) does the length or thickness of your eye lashes really matter? 

44 minutes ago, alinaf786 said:

am going to be on my menstrual cycle. Is there any advice regarding this?

Ask your OB/GYN to put you on meds that would delay the periods until you come back from ziyarah.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2018 at 4:58 PM, alinaf786 said:

Hello all,

I am a female going to Karbala and Najaf for the first time from the USA. I was wondering if someone would be able to answer some of my questions. It will greatly be appreciated. Thanks:

1) I know that makeup is not allowed. But what about eyelash extensions? These are fake  individual lashes that are placed on your real lashes. They look natural. I just don't want anyone giving me a hard time for having them. 

2) I am going to be on my menstrual cycle. Is there any advice regarding this?

3) Any other advice will greatly be appreciated. 

Thank-you.

In concern of the false lashes, yes there are times when you find women walking in with a full face of natural makeup but I've seen many instances where they make you take the makeup off. My mother who has rosasea (skin condition where the skin looks a little red) was given a makeup wipe because they thought it was blush. Sometimes they don't even let women pass if their socks are clear/ skin colour, even if the abayah conceals it all anyway. 

They get really in your face at security and there's multiple security checks until you get to the actual hadhra. If you get away with it at one stop you may not necessarily get away with it later.

My advise is just to not have them on when you're going for ziyarah, it'll just give you a headache if you're told to take it off. Just don't risk it.

Edited by Amira00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 7:12 PM, Amira00 said:

In concern of the false lashes, yes there are times when you find women walking in with a full face of natural makeup but I've seen many instances where they make you take the makeup off. My mother who has rosasea (skin condition where the skin looks a little red) was given a makeup wipe because they thought it was blush. Sometimes they don't even let women pass if their socks are clear/ skin colour, even if the abayah conceals it all anyway. 

They get really in your face at security and there's multiple security checks until you get to the actual hadhra. If you get away with it at one stop you may not necessarily get away with it later.

My advise is just to not have them on when you're going for ziyarah, it'll just give you a headache if you're told to take it off. Just don't risk it.

Thank you very much for the detailed and kind post. Sorry they did that to your mother, I hope she felt okay after that. 

I actually just came back from my trip and I had ended up getting my lashes done but I got them done very naturally so no one said anything to me. 

And you are very right. They do really get in your face at security. I had sunscreen on and they made me take it off. I could not even explain to the lady that it's in fact sunscreen and not makeup but she didn't understand English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...