Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
learn

How not to waste time

Rate this topic

Salam, We are three people in the house. I have no husband and neither children etc. I also do not work outside the house and neither i can do volunteer work for a family reason. I have free time that I would like to know how to use it. Can i spend most of my time in worship, dua, Quran, and salat etc? Will Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى ask on the day of judgement about time if our time was spend on useless things after doing obligatory acts of worship? How to use the time wisely while being at home and not having the regular responsiblity like everyone else.

You should spend time on gaining knowledge, both religious and worldly, if you are able. Ideally, you should look for knowledge that you can use or share with others. Read books and scholarly articles, and engage in useful discussions. 

You could also use your time to make useful or beautiful things, such as sewing, knitting, painting, or whatever craft you'd enjoy. 

al-islam.org great sources for us Shia Muslims as well as other people.

Also what you could do is being at the service of others. Helping with problems, etc. And Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى loves and / or encourages creativity.

6 hours ago, learn said:

Can i spend most of my time in worship, dua, Quran, and salat etc?

A part from doing these things, start doing some other activities such as gardening and keeping birds in your house. These are few postivie things you can get yourself busy with plus they are good for environment around you ;'). 

Edited by SIAR14

8 hours ago, learn said:

How to use the time wisely while being at home and not having the regular responsiblity like everyone else.

My free time is spent in reading. I used to create art in grades 7 - 12 and did some embroidery sewing. I stopped doing those when I went to university. Maybe some day I will be artistic again, but reading is my all time favorite activity and https://www.al-islam.org/ is my favorite free book website.