Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Islandsandmirrors

Muslim Iraqi girl is abused for refusing marriage

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

It is a shame for everyone but your parents are not so harsh as this degree ,you just need more respectable negotiation with them & provide a time that you beside of your parents for listening for example Ahlulbayt tv films & speech about marriage on their channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May Allah protect and give patience to her and her siblings, and to any other Muslim/Muslima facing problems and trials similar to these, I almost cried reading this.

Ya Mahdi adrikna :cry:

It seems some parents are preferring culture over religion. Islamophobes will have a whole lot to say on this, more reason to mock us and give us a bad picture.

The holy prophet of mercy (s) said, “I advise you to do good to young people as they have a tender heart that is keen to learn. God chose me as a prophet to make people aware of the divine mercy and to warn them of his chastisement. Young people accepted my words and pledged allegiance to me but the old refused to do so and rose to oppose me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were selling her for just $20000? She is young and pretty, only $20000? What will happen to her now? Will she and her siblings live with non-Muslim families as foster kids?  It sounds like 'out of frying pan, into the fire'. May Allah keep her and her siblings safe. 

Edited by rkazmi33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forcing children to marry is haram. 

I'm impressed how strong this girl was to dare to refuse being forced to marry against her will. This is unusual for people who grow up in such a retarded and unislamic environment. Oftentimes they are so brainwashed that they no longer can think clearly or recognise their rights. MashaAllah on this girl.

I'm sad that she had to suffer such severe abuse. May Allah SWT help restore her health. And may he severely punish her parents InshaAllah. Some people don't deserve the gift of parenthood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, forte said:

Yes, they will be raised in the non-Muslim foster care system.  Saying that, what services are available for her and her siblings and others In similar need in the Muslim (and Iraqi?) community? If she approached the Muslim community would she have been quickly sent back to her abusers?  Why did she have to go outside the community to get protection and support?  

Unless there is acknowledgement of these cultural issues and supports are put in place to help them, we will lose more children.  Our children are more important than worrying about avoiding offending those who feel they have the right to engage in harmful cultural practices.

I wasn't trying to defend her parents. I was genuinely concerned about her safety. I have heard that even non-Muslims don't like to live in shelters because they feel safer on streets. They say there are a lot of drug dealers and physical violence in shelters. I agree that we need a shelter for shia women and children in US. 

@Carlzone I was also impressed  by her courage and bravery. You are right that most children are brain washed at such young age. 

Edited by rkazmi33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

I’m not surprised LOL it doesn’t matter if you prove them wrong Iraqis are still arrogant and will not care.

I first found this poor girl's parents disgusting, as well as the perverted man who wanted to marry her. However, when I came across your post, I was disgusted even more. How could you possibly "LOL" at such a horrific situation. What kind of person does that??? Not only that, you're using this as yet another opportunity to express your disgustingly racist and derogatory opinions. Keep them to yourself, and instead of inflating your giant ego, do dua for that poor girl, and for the likes of you who can't even find it in their heart to express remorse for such a heart-wrenching situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the main question that needs to be asked (and I'm not sure if we can really get an accurate answer) is that "How often does this happen?".

Is this an isolated occurrance involving some whacked out parents or is this a systemic/cultural problem? Its definitely not an Islamic problem because nowhere does Islam say to treat your daughter in such a barbaric manner. Of course, the Western media will play this as an Islamic issue when there is no basis to that claim.

Again, how often do we see this? I've also heard of things like this happening in India but that's mostly with Hindus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akbar673 said:

Well, the main question that needs to be asked (and I'm not sure if we can really get an accurate answer) is that "How often does this happen?".

Is this an isolated occurrance involving some whacked out parents or is this a systemic/cultural problem? Its definitely not an Islamic problem because nowhere does Islam say to treat your daughter in such a barbaric manner. Of course, the Western media will play this as an Islamic issue when there is no basis to that claim.

Again, how often do we see this? I've also heard of things like this happening in India but that's mostly with Hindus.

it is a cultural problem.  In UK espesially,  families keeping girls out of school, abusing, forcing marriage, honour killings. From people who have little education so follow tribe culture not Islam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 2Timeless said:

I first found this poor girl's parents disgusting, as well as the perverted man who wanted to marry her. However, when I came across your post, I was disgusted even more. How could you possibly "LOL" at such a horrific situation. What kind of person does that??? Not only that, you're using this as yet another opportunity to express your disgustingly racist and derogatory opinions. Keep them to yourself, and instead of inflating your giant ego, do dua for that poor girl, and for the likes of you who can't even find it in their heart to express remorse for such a heart-wrenching situation. 

I’m not laughing at her,  I’m laughing at her parents arrogance and the fact they are Iraqi make it worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shiasoldier786 said:

When I hear these stories, it almost seems that non muslims and disbelievers have more decency than us. At least there are strict laws in the west to prevent these sorts of child marriages.

Sometimes I feel this as well. With non-Muslims, I don’t agree with certain things like how they dress and dating like they do, (hopping from person to person.) but they do have many charactistics that unfortunately lack in many Muslims today. We as Muslims excessively talk about our duties while culture overrides our rights, and some parents become arrogant upon insisting that obeying parents is a must and unfortunately, this is the extreme result. Many children in Islam do not assert healthy disagreements and Muslim parents are not open to it. 

This is why many children leave Islam, because they are not given a say in certain choices where they should be, and the pressure becomes so great that they leave Islam altogether.

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

but they do have many charactistics that unfortunately lack in many Muslims today. We as Muslims excessively talk about our duties while culture overrides our rights, and some parents become arrogant upon insisting that obeying parents is a must and unfortunately, this is the extreme result. Many children in Islam do not assert healthy disagreements and Muslim parents are not open to it. 

Unfortunately I see these patterns you mentioned far too often. 

They are atheists with many Islamic values that they hold dear and act upon, while many "muslims" are only so by name and not in actions. Sad reality. And of course there are exceptions as always. 

5 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

This is why many children leave Islam, because they are not given a say in certain choices where they should be, and the pressure

I know cases like these too. I guess in the end only Allah SWT knows for sure whether these people would have left islam anyway and that the bad examples their parents set where just an excuse, as there are many people who don't leave islam even though they also grew up under such circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

You honestly deserve a medal. May God help you.

Mate my background is Iraq i know how Iraqis are and how Arabs are since ive been with Arabs for a while and trust me the arrogance that was before prophet Muhammad’s time still exists and what’s worse is even though you prove them wrong with authentic hadiths and Quran verses they will try and find a way is counter it even though they don’t make sense. You don’t need to pray for me, Arabs are not my only problem there’s many races that I have problems with due to their arrogance that are very alike to the Arabs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Mate my background is Iraq i know how Iraqis are and how Arabs are since ive been with Arabs for a while and trust me the arrogance that was before prophet Muhammad’s time still exists and what’s worse is even though you prove them wrong with authentic hadiths and Quran verses they will try and find a way is counter it even though they don’t make sense. You don’t need to pray for me, Arabs are not my only problem there’s many races that I have problems with due to their arrogance that are very alike to the Arabs. 

"Mate", I'm Iraqi too. Yes, I agree, Arabs can be incredibly racist, like any other race. Why do you hate (from what I've been able to infer from your posts) your own country? Not only Arabs are arrogant, all other races have 'bad apples'. Doesn't mean you have the right to suddenly decide that all of them are like that. You couldn't even keep your opinion to yourself in a thread that was meant to provide prayers and sympathy for the poor girl. It seems that it is your arrogance over certain races that has completely stopped you from even typing out one word in support of that victim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Why do you hate (from what I've been able to infer from your posts) your own country? 

Because I don’t care about my background. my mentality is more Australian then Arab, i was born and raised in Australia and grew around Australians and people from Europe (also was taught some morals as a younger kid) and later on when I got older I was with Arabs for a while and I had many issues with Arabs and other races that are very alike to Arabs and obviously my own relatives and my parents (even though I’m patient and calm with them since they are my parents).

 

17 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Not only Arabs are arrogant, all other races have 'bad apples

 I know that some races have “bad apples” bad it’s nothing compared to the Arabs and others that are very alike to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Anonymous2144 listen, I was also born and raised in the west etc. I still love my country. I don't view myself as inferior or barbaric because of some dumb people. That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists. Anyway, you can make a separate thread bashing your own race. I think it's disrespectful to divert from the matter at hand- the young girl who was abused in such a horrific way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

Anyway, you can make a separate thread bashing your own race

Maybe not my own race since I was born in Australia.....but that’s debatable,but i would be definitely bashing my own background since both of my parents are Iraqi and are born in Iraq. There’s no need to make a thread about Arabs, their arrogance is out there and unfortunately that girl happened to be the victim of their arrogance and thats only one thing there’s a lot more to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 2Timeless said:

@Anonymous2144 listen, I was also born and raised in the west etc. I still love my country. I don't view myself as inferior or barbaric because of some dumb people. That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists. Anyway, you can make a separate thread bashing your own race. I think it's disrespectful to divert from the matter at hand- the young girl who was abused in such a horrific way. 

You do know that Britain and France sat on a table and drew up the borders of Iraq, Syria, etc just a few decades ago. Its not as if Iraq has a thousand year history to be proud of. Never understood all this obsession with nationalism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what the point of the OP was in posting this. Everyone agrees that this is haram, illegal, wrong, unjust, (insert negative word here) and the parents are criminals and should be punished. But this has nothing to do with all Iraqis, since 99.99999% of them never do this and would probably never think of this. This thread has become a fitna festival, as well as potential troll bait, so I'm closing. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...