Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Basic Members

سلام عليكم،

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 

So I’m currently a second year medical student and many times during my day I think about dropping out and studying religion aswell as going out to protect the shrines either in Iraq and or Syria. What do you guys think is the best way to handle these thoughts is what I’m thinking not worth it? Should i stick to medicine and forget about these ideas. I know if I do I won’t regret it, I feel like that’s the best way to serve Allāh, muhammed(PBUH) and his progeny. 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

The medicine of Imams (as)

14 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

There is so much we need to learn and change first before going out and fighting physically. Stay in school, learn and make your goal to change the thinking of the muslim community. It will help us in the long run,

And don't forget that the Shia of Iraq proofed that they are able to defend against the world rulers' plots. Their number is big and their will is high MashaAllah. So while we have the chance to be a part of the battle with a different role, we should certainly pursue that
May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى grant us success.

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

And don't forget that the Shia of Iraq proofed that they are able to defend against the world rulers' plots. Their number is big and their will is high MashaAllah. So while we have the chance to be a part of the battle with a different role, we should certainly pursue that
May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى grant us success.

No not really. The Iraqi people proved they are able to defend their country and rights from outsiders. What about those who are on the inside? Why are a lot of Iraqis blind or unable to move against the politicians who are PRESELECTED by “the world rulers”, as you put it. That’s what I’m talking about. People can defend their country against outsiders but becomes blind when it is their own people screwing the country. 

Why is there so much tribal issues? Because people are not being educated on these matters. And it is done intentionally.

44 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

No not really. The Iraqi people proved they are able to defend their country and rights from outsiders. What about those who are on the inside? Why are a lot of Iraqis blind or unable to move against the politicians who are PRESELECTED by “the world rulers”, as you put it. That’s what I’m talking about. People can defend their country against outsiders but becomes blind when it is their own people screwing the country. 

Why is there so much tribal issues? Because people are not being educated on these matters. And it is done intentionally.

I understand your answer as an addition of problems, realistic according to you. But I do not see in your answer why my comment was untrue.

About the inside political struggle; I am sure it is not easy but I think it is going to the right way
About the tribal issues I am not sure if it is as you present it. What issues? You will find conflicts and stuff between people in any community and much less where alcohol isn't socially accepted.

• Veteran Member
On 3/25/2018 at 5:02 PM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

I understand your answer as an addition of problems, realistic according to you. But I do not see in your answer why my comment was untrue.

About the inside political struggle; I am sure it is not easy but I think it is going to the right way
About the tribal issues I am not sure if it is as you present it. What issues? You will find conflicts and stuff between people in any community and much less where alcohol isn't socially accepted.

Your comment stated "defend against the world rulers' plots". While ISIS was a plot, the real plot has already infiltrated the system. It is ruling Iraq. Al-Maliki came out and said that he has failed. Then he runs for office AGAIN. And people still rally behind him.

• Advanced Member
On 3/24/2018 at 4:21 PM, thulfiqaar said:

سلام عليكم،

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 

So I’m currently a second year medical student and many times during my day I think about dropping out and studying religion aswell as going out to protect the shrines either in Iraq and or Syria. What do you guys think is the best way to handle these thoughts is what I’m thinking not worth it? Should i stick to medicine and forget about these ideas. I know if I do I won’t regret it, I feel like that’s the best way to serve Allāh, muhammed(PBUH) and his progeny. 

I would say become a doc and serve those countries where they don’t have doctors. What say you? 

@Ibn Al-Shahid Yes but I have faith in the marjaiyah and our wise people. So what is the solution and regarding this topic what can we do? Is it right that Sayed Al-Sistani said that do not vote for the ones you have tried?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a student who is completing Research Project. Islamic civilisation has always been a topic of interest for me which is why I I have selected to research the Islamic civilisations contributions to medicine in our modern society. I have visited this site and to what I have read on this site I believe that this is the right place that would be able to assist me in answering a couple of questions that are related to answering my research question effectively. Questions that I would like to be answered include, If I have your permission to use your name, your title and the name of your workplace or organisation? What is your knowledge about the Islamic Civilisation? What are some medicine discoveries that are really important to be acknowledged that have been made by the Islamic scholars or people from the 8th to 13th century? Why do you think the discoveries in medicine of the Islamic civilisation from the 8th to 13th century are significant? As a … has our modern society benefited or utilised the medicine discoveries of the Islamic civilisation? If so, how? and If you know any other sources that would assist me with answering my research question? I understand that these questions might be time consuming but your opinion and information provided will be appreciated as well as highly effective for my research project. I appreciate your time of reading this.