Rate this topic

In al kafi, the book of belief and disbelief, Ch.4, H.4, there is a hadith (Note part in red):

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Ibn Abu Umeyr, from Ibn Azina, from Zurara, (It has been narrated) from Abu Ja’far, said, ‘I asked him about the Words of Allah Mighty and Majestic [22:31] Being upright for Allah, not associating anything with Him. He said: ‘The uprightness [30:30] the nature made by Allah in which He has Made the people; there is no altering of Allah's creation. Allah Inclined them upon the recognition of it’.  Zurara said, ‘And I asked him about the Words of Allah Mighty and Majestic [7:172] And when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their backs, their descendants, and made them testify against their own souls: Am I not your Lord? They said: Yes! – the Verse. He said: ‘Extracted from the back of Adam was his offspring to be up to the Day of Judgement. So they came out like the particles, and He Introduced Himself to them, and had it not been for that, not one of them would have recognised his Lord’.....

The same narration is recorded by Sheikh saduq in kitab al-tawhid, Ch.53, H.9:

Abu Ja`far al-Baqir (AS) said: I asked him (AS) about the Word of Allah, the Mighty and High; Being upright for Allah, not associating aught with Him, and about being upright. Thus, he (AS) replied, “It is the natural predisposition that Allah placed in human being. There is no change in His Creation.” Then he added, “Allah created them with the recognition.” Zurarah says: I asked him about the Word of Allah, the Mighty and High: And when your Lord brought forth from the children of Adam, from their backs. He (AS) explained, “He brought forth from Adam’s loins his progeny until the Day of Judgment. They all scattered before Him. He introduced them, and showed them His Creation. Had it not been so, no one would have recognized their Lord.”

So as we can see, it seems like sheikh saduq distorted this hadith and made it less anthropomorphic. Thoughts?

Salam Allah (saw) only introduced  by his creation & nobody can see him directly & I think it's said in two forms but they have same meaning.

Imam Ali (as) describes Allah (saw)

https://youtu.be/z9mlaAEWv9o

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

http://www.aqaed.com/book/135/twhid1-22.html#twh60

The hadith came to Al-Sheikh Al-Sadooq through a slightly longer chain than to Al-Kulayni, and includes more narrators alongside Ibrahim ibn Hashim.

I don't see what compels you to jump to this accusation, the same hadith can differ slightly in wording you know...

Edited by IbnMariam

14 minutes ago, IbnMariam said:

http://www.aqaed.com/book/135/twhid1-22.html#twh60

The hadith came to Al-Sheikh Al-Sadooq through a slightly longer chain than to Al-Kulayni, and includes more narrators alongside Ibrahim ibn Hashim.

I don't see what compels you to jump to this accusation, the same hadith can differ slightly in wording you know...

ok which one would you say is the stronger hadith

5 hours ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

In al kafi, the book of belief and disbelief, Ch.4, H.4, there is a hadith (Note part in red):

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Ibn Abu Umeyr, from Ibn Azina, from Zurara, (It has been narrated) from Abu Ja’far, said, ‘I asked him about the Words of Allah Mighty and Majestic [22:31] Being upright for Allah, not associating anything with Him. He said: ‘The uprightness [30:30] the nature made by Allah in which He has Made the people; there is no altering of Allah's creation. Allah Inclined them upon the recognition of it’.  Zurara said, ‘And I asked him about the Words of Allah Mighty and Majestic [7:172] And when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their backs, their descendants, and made them testify against their own souls: Am I not your Lord? They said: Yes! – the Verse. He said: ‘Extracted from the back of Adam was his offspring to be up to the Day of Judgement. So they came out like the particles, and He Introduced Himself to them, and had it not been for that, not one of them would have recognised his Lord’.....

The reference of the hadith presented above is incorrect. The following hadith is mentioned at the reference given above: under Ch. 4.

Muhammad Bin Yahya, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Al Hassan Bin Mahboub, from Salih Bin Sahl, (It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah asws having said: ‘One of the Qureysh said to Rasool-Allah saww, ‘By which thing do you saww precede the (other) Prophets as, and you saww were Sent at the end of them as, and as their as last?’ So he saww said: ‘I saww was the first one to believe in my saww Lord azwj, and the first one to answer when Heazwj Took the Covenant of the Prophets as [7:172] and made them testify against themselves: Am I not your Lord? So I saww was the first Prophet saww to say: ‘Yes’. Thus I saww preceded them as with the acknowledgement in Allah azwj Mighty and Majestic’.

(Book of Belief and Disbeleief, Ch. 4 )

Can you please bring the text (Arabic) of hadith quoted in OP for further discussion ?

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

6 hours ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

The above quoted hadith lies under Ch 6 instead of  under Ch 4, The following hadith are quoted in Ch 6:

Chapter 6 – Nature of the creatures is uon the Oneness (Tawheed)

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Ibn Abu Umeyr, from Hisham Bin Salim, (It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah asws, said, ‘I said, ‘(What about) [30:30] Then set your face for the upright Religion - the nature made by Allah in which He has Made the people to be upon?’ He asws said: ‘The Oneness (Tawheed)’.

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from Muhammad Bin Isa, from Yunus, from Abdullah Bin Sinan, (It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah asws, said, ‘I asked him asws about the Words of Allah azwj Mighty and Majestic [30:30] the nature made by Allah in which He has Made the people to be upon, ‘What is that nature?’ He asws said: ‘It is Al-Islām. Allah azwj Inclined them when He azwj Took their Covenant upon the Oneness Saying [7:172] Am I not your Lord? And included in it were the Momineen (plural of Momin) and the disbelievers’.

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Ibn Abu Umeyr, from Ibn Azina, from Zurara, (It has been narrated) from Abu Ja’far asws, said, ‘I asked him asws about the Words of Allahazwj Mighty and Majestic [22:31] Being upright for Allah, not associating anything with Him. He asws said: ‘The uprightness [30:30] the nature made by Allah in which He has Made the people; there is no altering of Allah's creation. Allah azwj Inclined them upon the recognition of it’. Zurara said, ‘And I asked him asws about the Words of Allah azwj Mighty and Majestic [7:172] And when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their backs, their descendants, and made them testify against their own souls: Am I not your Lord? They said: Yes! – the Verse. He asws said: ‘Extracted from the back of Adam as was his offspring to be up to the Day of Judgement. So they came out like the particles, and He azwj Introduced Himself azwj to them, and had it not been for that, not one of them would have recognized his Lord azwj’.

And he asws said: ‘Rasool-Allah saww said: ‘Every newborn is born upon the nature, meaning the recognition that Allah azwj Mighty and Majestic Created him. Likewise are His azwj Words [31:25] And if you ask them who Created the skies and the earth, they will be saying: Allah’.

Ali Bin Ibrahim, from his father, from Ibn Fazzal, from Ibn Abu Jameela, from Muhammad Al Halby,
(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah asws regarding the Words of Allah azwj Mighty and Majestic [30:30] the nature made by Allah in which He has Made the people. He asws said: ‘Inclined them upon the Oneness (Tawheed)’.

All hadith are found well explained.

The following are the hadith from Sheikh Saduq Book Al- Tauhed.

Chapter Fifty-Three: Fitrat Allah `azza wa jalla al-Khalqq `ala al-Tawhid. Allah made the Nature of the Creation upon Divine Unity –10 traditions

1. My father (RA) said: Sa`d ibn `Abd Allah said, on the authority of Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn `Isa, on the authority of Muhammad ibn Sinan, on the authority of al-`Ala ibn Fudayl that  I asked Abu `Abd Allah al-Sadiq (AS) to interpret the Word of Allah, the Mighty and High: The nature made by Allah is which He has made men. He (AS) said: “It is Divine Unity.”

3. Muhammad ibn Musa ibn al-Mutawakkil (RA) said: `Ali ibn Ibrahim said: Muhammad ibn `Isa ibn `Ubayd said, on the authority of Yunus ibn `Abd al-Rahman, on the authority of `Abd Allah ibn Sinan that I asked Abu `Abd Allah al-Sadiq (AS) “What is the nature referred to in the Word of Allah, the Mighty and High: “The nature made by Allah is which He has made men.” He responded, It is Islam. Allah placed this nature in them when He created them and made a covenant with them regarding Divine Unity. Thus, He asked: Am I not your Lord? The covenant encompassed all those who believe and all those who disbelieve.

4. Muhammad ibn al-Hasan ibn Ahmad ibn al-Walid (RA) said: Muhammad ibn al-Hasan al-Saffar said, on the authority of Ibrahim ibn Hashim; and Ya`qub ibn Yazid, on the authority ofIbn Fuddal, on the authority of Bukayr, on the authority of Zurarah that Abu `Abd Allah al-Sadiq (AS) was asked to interpret the Word of the Mighty and High: The nature made by Allah is which He has made men. He (AS) said: “He created them with Divine Unity.”

6. My father (RA) said: Sa`d ibn `Abd Allah on the authority of Ahmad and `Abd Allah sons of Muhammad ibn `Isa, on the authority of Ibn Mahbub, on the authority of `Ali ibn Ri`ab, on the authority of Zurrarah that I asked Abu `Abd Allah al-Sadiq (AS) about the word of the Allah, the Mighty and High: The nature made by Allah is which He has made men. He (AS) said: “He created them all with (a natural predisposition towards) Divine Unity.”

8. My father (RA) said: Sa`d ibn `Abd Allah said, on the authority of Ahmad ibn Muhammad, on the authority of his father, on the authority of `Abd Allah ibn al-Mughirah, on the authority of Ibn Muskan, on the authority of Zurarah that I said to Abu Ja`far al-Baqir (AS): May Allah be in peace with you! Explain to me the Word of Allah, the Mighty and High, in His Book: “The nature made by Allah is which He has made men.” He (AS) responded, “He created them with a natural predisposition towards Divine Unity at the time of the Covenant when they recognized that He was their Lord.” I asked, “Did they reply to Him?” Zurarah says, he (AS) then put his head down, and after a while he (AS) said: “Had it not been so, then they would have not known their Lord or the One who sustains them.”

9. My father (RA) said: Sa`d ibn `AbdAllah said, on the authority of Ibrahim ibn Hashim and Muhammad ibn al-Husayn ibn Abu al-Khattab and Ya`qub ibn Yazid all three, on the authority of Ibn Abu `Umayr, on the authority of Ibn Udaynah, on the authority of Zurarah that

Abu Ja`far al-Baqir (AS) said:
I asked him (AS) about the Word of Allah, the Mighty and High; Being upright for Allah, not associating aught with Him, and about being upright. Thus, he (AS) replied, “It is the natural predisposition that Allah placed in human being. There is no change in His Creation.” Then he added, “Allah created them with the recognition.” Zurarah says: I asked him about the Word of Allah, the Mighty and High: And when your Lord brought forth from the children of Adam, from their backs. He (AS) explained, “He brought forth from Adam’s loins his progeny until the Day of Judgment. They all scattered before Him. He introduced them, and showed them His Creation. Had it not been so, no one  would have recognized their Lord.” He also added, “The Messenger of Allah (SA) said: “Every child is born with a natural predisposition (towards Divine Unity), i.e. on the recognition that Allah, the Mighty and High, is his Creator.” Thus, that is the explanation of His Word: And if you ask them who created the heaves and the earth, they will certainly say: Allah.

I certainly do not find any such difference  in the narrations (from Al kafi and others by Sheikh Saduq). Thus all false  assumptions in this regard are rejected.

Edited by skyweb1987