Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Prayer concentration

Rate this topic

Salaam, 

I'm new here so sorry if I've put this in the wrong forum lol. Basically, I fimd it quite hard to focus on praying. I try thinking about every single word I say, it meaning etc. But doing that every salah downs work for me. My mind always wanders off into all sorts of other thoughts. Any suggestions on how to maintain focus and sincerity during salah? 

Thanks in advance.

• Advanced Member

Stay away from sins - it is the best and the most difficult advice anyone can give.

This amazing book by Imam Khomeini will definitely help you. 

https://www.al-islam.org/adab-as-salat-disciplines-of-prayer-second-revised-edition-imam-khomeini

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Amira00 said:

Salaam, 

I'm new here so sorry if I've put this in the wrong forum lol. Basically, I fimd it quite hard to focus on praying. I try thinking about every single word I say, it meaning etc. But doing that every salah downs work for me. My mind always wanders off into all sorts of other thoughts. Any suggestions on how to maintain focus and sincerity during salah? 

Thanks in advance.

Stay away from Sinning and remember Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى everyday by reading Duas and Qur'an and seeking knowledge about Him سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

• Advanced Member
On 3/21/2018 at 1:50 AM, Amira00 said:

Salaam, 

Thanks in advance.

Wasalaam wr,

Don't try to think of every word and its meaning, your aim and objective is to speak to Allah s.w.t, direct your heart and words towards him, surely when you recite you already know of the words and their meanings and as much as you contemplate them you will never fully fathom their complete meaning, that can be done after prayer.

In your state of prayer, this is your moment and meeting with your Beloved Allah s.w.t, so instead try to speak those words and direct them with your heart towards God, Allah s.w.t chose those surahs for prayers because they are the best for YOU, they express your every need in this world and the hereafter, and your every want, and your every problem, you do not choose your own words because they cannot encompass all that is best for you.

When you pray, you are going on your own mi'raj, ascension towards Allah s.w.t, by assimilating truth and connecting with the Principle.
Recite esteghfar as much as you can before you begin your prayer, and contemplate the concept of prayer instead of the words of the prayer.

As for sincerity, you will gain a step closer each time you pray on time, and a step closer each time you avoid sin, as was previously mentioned and Allah s.w.t knows best.