Waseem162

Would you befriend a Wahhabi?

Rate this topic

Sure, I would. We would never be BFF but there is no problem with cordial relationship with anyone of any faith.

Edited by Heavenly_Silk
Removed quote and response to another member.

Ryan’s choice between shia Islam & Wahabism

https://youtu.be/Z00O6v7wCac

london Shias & American Wahabists (warning contains insults to both sides both are extremists & don’t represente majority )arabic with Farsi sub 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

5 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

You live in Australia and have your coffee every morning with fun.

That's not true, I actually have milo.

Anyway, of course I hate the Saudi rulers, kings etc. Who are the reason this dangerous ideology spread. However do I go to every Wahabbi and say that "you need to be eradicated" etc.?

I'm just talking about all the Wahabbis living in Western countries(maybe in the East too). The more we abuse, generalize and attack them - the more they resort to violence and abuse rather than logic.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

12 hours ago, Ali Al Kashmiri said:

How are they doing that?

They do it to absorb Muslims as their pawns there.

13 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

They do it to absorb Muslims as their pawns there.

I don't think they have done anything for kashmir which is why I Asked brother @Shah Khan to substantiate his claim of Wahabis being saviours of kashmir's. 

Edited by Ali Al Kashmiri

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

That's not true, I actually have milo.

Anyway, of course I hate the Saudi rulers, kings etc. Who are the reason this dangerous ideology spread. However do I go to every Wahabbi and say that "you need to be eradicated" etc.?

I'm just talking about all the Wahabbis living in Western countries(maybe in the East too). The more we abuse, generalize and attack them - the more they resort to violence and abuse rather than logic.

Try not to take offence to what he just said 

I had a convert friend who is Salafi/Wahabi. We are unfortunately not friends anymore for reasons other than religion. 

I find that Wahabi women are quite aggressive in manner and dawah. I think I’d engage in conversation with them, but I’m not sure if I could be friends with one. 

It depends on the person in the end. 

39 minutes ago, Ali Al Kashmiri said:

I don't think they have done anything for kashmir which is why I Asked brother @Shah Khan to substantiate his claim of Wahabis being saviours of kashmir's. 

Salam you are true but unfortunately people of Kashmir don’t receive help from other countries like Iran because Iran gov don’t want political issues with Pakistan & India but KSA& Wahabism always ready there by support of petrodollars so it is logical which they propagand themselves as saviours of Kashmir & people will be have sympathy with them also Wahabists support by Pakistan & Inspdia has good relationships with Israel.

17 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alykum. I just had this question in my mind.

Keeping Islamic Ethics in mind, Would you like to befriend a Wahhabi just to establish a normalizing relationship with him? It may happen that his misconceptions about Shiism and Shias get cleared when he knows you better..?

What are your views on this?

PS : I am talking about a normal Wahhabi and not a Takfiri.

I have 3 wahabi friends, 1 Deoband, and some other suni friends, who don't know which suni branch they belong to. But all of them have respect for shia islam. And those who do islamic research have respect for Ahlul bayth (A.S). It's been almost more than 9 years, some of us guys are together but none us ever disrespected views of each other. Infact we help eachother getting close to Allah.

Edited by SIAR14

Many wahabi's are in my friend circle. My good relation with them has changed their view point about Shia's. Many of them have accepted that their views about shias were totally negative & ridiculous. They started to join me in the niaz of 22 Rajab (koonday), they started to join me in Aashura processions on 9th & 10th of Muharram and in the annual majlis at my home on 18th of Muharram,

A good friend of mine is a salafi/wahabi. I would be fine with being friends with them as long as they don't believe I am a kafir and are respectful. They don't have to agree with my beliefs and I don't have to agree with theirs. And as some other people said it can clear up misconceptions about shia. When many sunnis think we are having mut'a orgies in ashura and worshiping Ali (as), you know there is a problem. Someone told me that shia believe that Khomeini was infallible. I asked him what gave him that impression, he said shia believe their imams are infallible they call khomeini, imam khomeini therefore they believe Khomeini is infallible. Then he asked me if he lead salah would I believe he is infallible since he would be the imam of salah, sigh. Sadly many people easily fall victim to wahabi propaganda.

43 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I’ll take a Hindu or an Atheist over a wahhabi anyday. I wouldn’t even touch a wahhabi with a stick. What fault did the stick do to deserve being tainted.

I would suggest you repent over such blatant hatred. Even Wahhabis are human beings. Do you think this is how the Prophet of Islam would speak of people? You claim to hate Wahhabis over their blind hatred; do you not see that statements like the above show you have become that which you hate?

2 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

I would suggest you repent over such blatant hatred. Even Wahhabis are human beings. Do you think this is how the Prophet of Islam would speak of people? You claim to hate Wahhabis over their blind hatred; do you not see that statements like the above show you have become that which you hate?

Shimr was a human being as well, would you touch him with a stick? Would you accept anyone who agrees with Omar that burning the house of Fatima while she was in it was the right thing to do because she didn't give bayaa to Abu Bakr?

And for your information, if someone claims to be a Wahhabi and disagrees with some of their notions, he's not a Wahhabi. Just like someone who claims to be a Shia but disagrees with some of the notions that are authentic, he's not a Shia, he's a Muwali.

Do not twist my words simply because you misunderstand. Ask for clarification before you start your cute crusade.

4 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Shimr was a human being as well, would you touch him with a stick? Would you accept anyone who agrees with Omar that burning the house of Fatima while she was in it was the right thing to do because she didn't give bayaa to Abu Bakr?

And for your information, if someone claims to be a Wahhabi and disagrees with some of their notions, he's not a Wahhabi. Just like someone who claims to be a Shia but disagrees with some of the notions that are authentic, he's not a Shia, he's a Muwali.

Do not twist my words simply because you misunderstand. Ask for clarification before you start your cute crusade.

Except, Shimr was an oppressor. Wahhabis are a denomination, numbering in the millions, among whom there are some terrible people like ISIS, and also some normal people who, as the multiple people who have posted here show, even befriend Shi'as and treat them with respect.

And it is utter nonsense for you to define what a Wahhabi is or isn't, and to assign a violent hatred of Shi'as to all of the people who claim to be Wahhabi/Deobandi. In that, you are no better than the actual bad Wahhabis who spout similar tales about all Shi'as worshiping Imam Ali and so on.

8 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Except, Shimr was an oppressor. Wahhabis are a denomination, numbering in the millions, among whom there are some terrible people like ISIS, and also some normal people who, as the multiple people who have posted here show, even befriend Shi'as and treat them with respect.

And it is utter nonsense for you to define what a Wahhabi is or isn't, and to assign a violent hatred of Shi'as to all of the people who claim to be Wahhabi/Deobandi. In that, you are no better than the actual bad Wahhabis who spout similar tales about all Shi'as worshiping Imam Ali and so on.

And yet again that has absolutely nothing to do with my post. If you don't adhere to the complete principles of Wahhabism and reject their notions of what is right and wrong (especially when it comes to the rights of Sayyida Fatima [as] and Imam Al-Hussain [as]) then you're not a Wahhabi, no matter how much you claim to be. You're a spin off of the sect.

Edited by Ibn Al-Shahid

15 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

And yet again that has absolutely nothing to do with my post. If you don't adhere to the complete principles of Wahhabism and reject their notions of what is right and wrong (especially when it comes to the rights of Sayyida Fatima [as] and Imam Al-Hussain [as]) then you're not a Wahhabi, no matter how much you claim to be. You're a spin off of the sect.

What if I Wahhabis took your approach and started saying you're not a Shi'a if you don't believe Ali is God? The very basic principle of any kind of comparative religion studies or inter-religious dialogue is that you can't define the beliefs of the opposing party; you have to let them do it.

Exactly what makes all Wahhabis so worthy of hate in your eyes? Hatred of Shi'as? Like others have pointed out, they have Wahhabi friends so obviously that's not a universal truth. You refer to the rights of Lady Fatima and Imam Hussain. If you're referring to Fadak, then not just Wahhabis but a ton of other Sunni groups also believe that Abu Bakr was right and that Prophets don't leave an inheritance to their children. So, will you not touch all Sunnis with a stick and hate them, then?

About Imam Hussain, perhaps you're referring to some Wahhabis who say it was all a battle between two princes or even some who claim that he was wrong. For one, you can already see a spectrum of beliefs among them regarding Karbala. Secondly, let's assume all of them take the worst possible view: that Imam Hussain was wrong. How can you use Imam Hussain to justify your hatred when the Imam himself to his last breath was trying to guide them? You think if even one of those people dropped their swords, the Imam wouldn't immediately embrace them? How can you say you follow Imam Hussain when your opinion of millions of human beings is that they are worse than faeces? How are you supposed to be a representative of the Ahlulbayt and guide such people if you would not even talk to them?

I read above someone saying, "If they were to realise there wrong beliefs by themselves and stop being Wahhabis, then I would be their friend." Is that what we see in the actions of Allah? Because, if that were the case, why did He send 124,000 Prophets if people are just supposed to figure it all out by themselves? If Wahhabis have the wrong beliefs, we are supposed to act as the representative of our Imams and try and guide them; that's definitely not going to happen given what you think of all of them, and not just the really bad apples like ISIS.

15 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

What if I Wahhabis took your approach and started saying you're not a Shi'a if you don't believe Ali is God? The very basic principle of any kind of comparative religion studies or inter-religious dialogue is that you can't define the beliefs of the opposing party; you have to let them do it.

I read your whole post, there's either a problem with you understanding what I'm saying or we simply view the term "Wahhabi" differently. "You have to let them do it", not really, it doesn't work that way. If that was the case everyone's Islam would be different. We'd have more than a billion type of Muslim because most people will not agree on everything. So no, I don't accept your logic. We have books we consider to be our representatives, we have living scholars that can tell you what Shi'ism is, so I don't get the whole "Ali is God" comment.

Ibn Abdulwahab's book exists, his history exists, his notions and ideologies all exist to this day. A Wahhabi, to me, is he who adheres to the teachings of Ibn Abdulwahab. Otherwise, I do not consider you a "Wahhabi".

Ibn Abdulwahab's book exists, his history exists, his notions and ideologies all exist to this day. A Wahhabi, to me, is he who adheres to the teachings of Ibn Abdulwahab. Otherwise, I do not consider you a "Wahhabi".

Except, that's not how the word is used in reality, especially among the Shi'a. For one, a lot of who you would call Wahhabis prefer Salafi. Secondly, most Shi'a today use Wahhabi to refer to the ideologies of Salafism/Deobandism/Saudi family interchangeably. While all of these groups may hold Ibn Wahhab to a very high standard, not all of them follow his writings to the letter, not all of them hate Shi'as and so on. Many of the people who today call themselves Wahabis/Salafis would not fit your definition. Are they supposed to change their name just because you want to impose your definition on them?

As Intellectual Resistance pointed out above, Salafis are generally a puritanical movement who believe in practicing Islam in the exact same way as it was done in the time of, and by, the Prophet. Ibn Wahhab may be the most famous modern champion of such views but he's not the first, and not the only one to do so.

"You have to let them do it", not really, it doesn't work that way. If that was the case everyone's Islam would be different. We'd have more than a billion type of Muslim because most people will not agree on everything.

Everyone's Islam is different. We do have a billion types of Muslim today. Shia's, Sunnis, Salafis, Hanafis, Shafi'is, Hanbalis, Malikis, Sufis, Urafa, Zaidi, Twelvers, Seveners, and so on and so forth. Even among each group, there are actually thousands of varieties of Muslims based on specific beliefs - we may all on this site believe in Twelve Imams but one of us might believe in Sahw an-Nabi and another might not.

We label specific groups based on a shared common understanding of the collective whole - the above two people would both be Shi'as because that is what the majority of those who wanted to be called Shi'a decided, and because they didn't want to be further divided into Sahwi Shi'as and non-Sahwi Shi'as. Similarly, Wahhabis today are the people who call themselves Wahhabis/Salafis, and not who you think they should be.

All of this brings to the fore the fact that many Shi'as today conflate Wahhabism with Salafism, and the two with the Saudi government. Sure, there are overlaps among them all but they are not a monolith, which is a basic fact about any religious group.

27 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Salam most of them call themselves as Salafi the main difference between them is that Salafis just focus on their praying & not involving in politics but Wahabis more active in politics & misguide salafis by their lies about shia Islam & muslims ,most of salafis are common people that get their beliefs (Aqeeda) from wahabi moftis & Imams of their  of their mosques as common shia muslim take it from shia scholars & Imam s of shia mosques & both side dont try to find out truth by themselves. 

On 3/16/2018 at 4:55 AM, Waseem162 said:

Keeping Islamic Ethics in mind, Would you like to befriend a Wahhabi just to establish a normalizing relationship with him? It may happen that his misconceptions about Shiism and Shias get cleared when he knows you better..?

What are your views on this?

PS : I am talking about a normal Wahhabi and not a Takfiri.

Why not?

Only the rejectors or the Nasibis can be classified as not good to be friends with.

[Note from Mod: This topic has been temporarily closed for review by a moderator pending one of the following actions:

1) Cleanup: Topic will be reviewed, inappropriate posts will be deleted followed by warnings/bans being implemented and then reopened.

2) Topic will be permanently deleted or sent to the lounge.

3) Topic will remain permanently closed.

Please allow up to 48 hours for one of the above actions to take place. Contact the appropriate moderator for any further explanations

The ShiaChat.com rules can be found at: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/12120-faq-shiachatcom-rules-and-policy/ [Auto]