Waseem162

Would you befriend a Wahhabi?

Rate this topic

Salamun Alykum. I just had this question in my mind.

Keeping Islamic Ethics in mind, Would you like to befriend a Wahhabi just to establish a normalizing relationship with him? It may happen that his misconceptions about Shiism and Shias get cleared when he knows you better..?

What are your views on this?

PS : I am talking about a normal Wahhabi and not a Takfiri.

I would be friends with a...

Christian

Jew

Zoroastrian 

Sunni Muslim

Sufi Muslim

Hindu

Sikh 

Ahmadiyya Muslim  

Pagan 

Buddhist...

To make it short I would be willing to make friends with everyone in this world except those who follow the teachings of Wahhabism because within their horrific ideology the tolerance which I possess for other people, the respect I have for other people is frowned upon! Saudi Arabia is like 1984! How can anyone who claims to be Muslim like an ideology that was started by, built by and built on injustice!?

21 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

@Wholehearted Shi'a Then how do you expect to call those people to Truth? Would you let the entire lot go in vain just because they were born in a Wahhabi house? 

If they begin to see the faults within their ideology by themselves (because ultimately it is up to ourselves whether or not we wish to pursue truth) I’d be happy to sit down with someone who WAS a Wahhabi and hopefully guide them to Shi’a Islam if god wills it. 

We have been blessed to have the most perfect role models and they had the best akhlaq. We can also use our akhlaq to attract people towards the religion, but unfortunately, some become judgemental on both sides. There are plenty of Sunni/Wahabi's that don't want anything to do with Shia's and that's their prerogative, but as a follower of Ahlulbayt (a.s), I am open to friendship with them if they want it. It may be our debating, dialogue, good manners or a simple smile that may attract them towards our path and if not, the least we can do is soften their hearts towards Shia Islam. If that doesn't work either, then at least we tried. :) 

"So by mercy from Allah, [O Muhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult them in the matter. And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah. Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him]". (3:159)

1 hour ago, Hamodiii said:

You know hate is a disease? You should not hate people, some people are just ignorant. We just have to pray for them.

@Hamodiii I wish you and along with @ali_fatheroforphans, @Hussaini624, @Gaius I. Caesar, @TheGreenWanderer and the LEGEND @Ashvazdanghe were my REAL BROTHERS.

I wish you all were my Real brothers in Life :cryhappy:. I never had this much Love <3 in Real life. I don't know why are we so separated by oceans?

Be very careful of close friendship that is not allowed and can cause weak imaan or you pleasing yourself/them instead of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى have warned this in Qur'an [5:51-53]

2 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alykum. I just had this question in my mind.

Keeping Islamic Ethics in mind, Would you like to befriend a Wahhabi just to establish a normalizing relationship with him? It may happen that his misconceptions about Shiism and Shias get cleared when he knows you better..?

What are your views on this?

PS : I am talking about a normal Wahhabi and not a Takfiri.

No, not at all

2 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

Be very careful of close friendship that is not allowed and can cause weak imaan or you pleasing yourself/them instead of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى have warned this in Qur'an [5:51-53]

But isn't this Verse about Non-Muslims ?

3 minutes ago, Shah Khan said:

But isn't this Verse about Non-Muslims ?

These people were among the Muslims (who claimed to be muslims) who turned to Christians/Jews. Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى warns that don't take them close because they could effect you and you become one of them.

Edited by Abu Nur

Tough question, I guess for me it depends on if he is an actual Wahabbi who follows those teachings and possesses that hatred vs a person who has no idea what's going on. I mean hate is an illness, but at the same time I'm from Karbala and since Imam Hussain (as) until now it hasn't been pretty thanks to them.

I've had wahabbi acquaintances, but it would be difficult to be friends with someone who is religiously unable to respect your beliefs. I can be friends with Christian, Jews, Hindus, atheists, whatever, but not if they hate me for my beliefs. 

Wahhabis want to kill Shias. They are terrorist. All people who created 9/11 were Wahhabi. According to US agencies, 15 people out of 19 were from Saudi Arabia, center of terrorism. Wahhabis are enemy to Islam, they twist the real face of Islam and switch it to beheading shias and innocent people, they harrassed and raped thousands of women in Iraq and Syria, they killed so many soldiers from Iran and Iraq and Syria. Wahhabis are created by western countries, they are created to make a war between Shias and Sunnis. ISIS was a Wahhabi group. They raped people, killed them, then opened their body by knife and eat liver.

They have to be wiped out of the map(alhamdulillah we are very close to eradicate all terrorist group from middle east), and that day that shia Muslims pray in front of Kaabah will come.

13 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Wahhabis want to kill Shias. They are terrorist. All people who created 9/11 were Wahhabi. According to US agencies, 15 people out of 19 were from Saudi Arabia, center of terrorism. Wahhabis are enemy to Islam, they twist the real face of Islam and switch it to beheading shias and innocent people, they harrassed and raped thousands of women in Iraq and Syria, they killed so many soldiers from Iran and Iraq and Syria. Wahhabis are created by western countries, they are created to make a war between Shias and Sunnis. ISIS was a Wahhabi group. They raped people, killed them, then opened their body by knife and eat liver.

They have to be wiped out of the map(alhamdulillah we are very close to eradicate all terrorist group from middle east), and that day that shia Muslims pray in front of Kaabah will come.

It is the Wahhabis who are saving poor Muslims in Kashmir against Indian Hindus.

17 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

This is the truth. Sadly it is a sugarcoated truth, true Wahabbism is the vilest ideology.

45 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Wahhabis want to kill Shias. They are terror

Lets be careful not to be influenced by politics and the horrible stuff that is happening in the world, to a point that we feel all Wahhabis are ignorant, violent, abusive and ISIS supporters. Surely some are very close-minded, but there are also some Shias who share the exact same traits - so who are we to generalize.

If a young Wahabbi guy reads your statement, he would naturally be aggressive and would resort to attacking our sect, rather than acting logically. I've seen a lot of fights online(social media), where Shias, Wahabbis and Sunnis all use foul language - the fights never stop. They condemn us to hell, vice versa.

The moment we Shias perfect our akhlaq and be kind to them, they will then be put in a situation where they have to engage in intellectual discussions. I reckon this is the best way to go forward, especially for our future generations. They surely have a lot of misconceptions about our sect, but we should respectfully clear it up for them. If they're decent human beings, then why not befriend them?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Lets be careful not to be influenced by politics and the horrible stuff that is happening in the world, to a point that we feel all Wahhabis are ignorant, violent, abusive and ISIS supporters. Surely some are very close-minded, but there are also some Shias who share the exact same traits - so who are we to generalize.

Being nice works with Sunni Muslims not a terrorist minded person. There is no Sunni Muslim in my city(at least) that supports Sunni Muslims more than me.

Don't try to purify Wahhabis. Wahhabism is the center of terrorism, and you can see their wicked groups in middle east supported by US(western countries). It's so obvious, and doesn't need to be discussed.

I also know that some of them are Wahhabi because of wrong environment, wrong people, and so on. Obviously I don't have problem with them as long as they don't kill shias. I know that some of them become Shia once they hear our words, but majority have antagonistic behavior that won't change. They have to be eradicated and sent to trash bin. No body talks about those few people that grew up close minded that need guidance.

Wahhabi mentality is very dangerous. If you look at it, you'll see hatred, killing, bloodshed, etc. I never purify Wahhabis. The mentality is toxic. You live in Australia and have your coffee every morning with fun. Have you ever heard words of a mother that her daughter being raped by Wahhabi terrorist groups everyday? Do you know how many Shahid did we lose in war against Wahhabi minded terrorist groups? At the same time you say don't generalize. No body talks about those few people who kept close minded and have tendency to know Shiism. Look at majority of them who hate Shias and look at Shiism as a threat. Wahhabis has a channel called "Kalameh". Go and see that. They disrespect Ali and ahlulbait. Hatred and irrationality is the base of their channel.

Sunnis are not Wahhabis. They are different

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

3 hours ago, ResistanceAxis said:

I mean hate is an illness

That’s not true, sometimes hate can be a good thing and the Quran tells us to hate certain individuals.

And know that among you is the Messenger of Allah . If he were to obey you in much of the matter, you would be in difficulty, but Allah has endeared to you the faith and has made it pleasing in your hearts and has made hateful to you disbelief, defiance and disobedience. Those are the [rightly] guided. - 47:9

This won't be a popular view, but i'm telling things as i see them. Either way, i'm not here to be popular.

They are human beings like us, and unfortunately, many of them may just be brainwashed, or so repulsed by the bizarre by some elements of Shi'sm of the 21st century which self-mutilation and child abuse during Ashura, rolling in mud, crawling, abuse of other religious doctrines, little regard to authenticity of what they quote, which i myself agree with. Salafis aren't these mythical beasts. To be honest, i know some Salafis who know more than the vast majority of ShiaChat, and not in Sunni Aqeedah, but Shia Aqeedah.  However, if they are respectful and tactful in how they discuss, no problem. If they are rude, then that's going to be a problem and is the case for many. 

Unfortunately, had i been born into a 'Salafi' household, seeing images of babies with their scalps cut open by dirty butcher knives all over tabloids and the news on Ashura, seeing topless, overweight men beating their-chests red-raw and having deep gashes on their back, literally inches from each other in a herd over their pool of blood, seeing people who roll in mud, people who quote inauthentic traditions and have no concept of authenticity in dialogue, who recycle the same very weak arguments out of a very narrow and partisan view point, some going into extremes by turning the Aimmah into God-like creatures without calling them God, i would also be vehemently against Shias.

What is a Salafi ? The majority of them hate Saudi-Arabia by the way. They just want to get to the pure Sunnah, without any developments man put into religion, and practise exactly as the Prophet (saw) did, no more or no less. They have seen other religions add new innovations and then slowly change over time to become something else entirely, and they are afraid of that. Most Salafis i know have memorised on average, far more Quran than the average Shia. They know far more about the life of the Prophet (saw) and take their religion more seriously than the average Shia or even Sunni. These aren't mythical , evil, beasts. Many of them are sincere but misguided folk. Unfortunately, this has led them into implementing a ridiculous, narrow-minded, and over the top approach to religion that has caused them to have disturbing beliefs about Allah, the Almighty and his attributes among being hostile to opposing views. 

The moment we stop looking at this world as 'black or white' and realise things are more complex, we can come to a better understanding of each other. Unity will never be possible with Salafis, but outward respect , no straw mans, and an understanding can be achieved. 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance