Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abrar.moha

Missing Salah

Rate this topic

I learned how to pray when i was a child. But I had forgotten over time. I can't even remember how it happened. I feared telling my parents, because I did not want to get in trouble (I was still a child) and to much time passed by. I could not ask people around me, as they would get me in trouble, and I mean, I would have been in such a huge amount of trouble, and I wont list the details. It's just bad. So I tried and tried to search online, but i was still to young to know words and terms to search and when i did, it was in English roman letters, i could not understand the pronunciation. And if it were in Arabic, it would be people making false prayers for Shia's. (By the way, I am shia). Eventually, i made friends with good people who did not judge me or spread rumors about me. And helped me through with praying again. Alhamdullah, i have worked hard to be a good Muslim during the years I did not pray. But I began to feel like a complete Muslim when I started to pray. Here is another problem, the way my parents teach Salah, its forceful and not good. In fact, I don't think any of my siblings pray and don't care. During the time i did learn, it was horrible. I don't blame myself for how things came to be. And my Arabic is absolutely terrible, i did not know how to read or write and lacked speaking skills, so i could not even search in Arabic. Or in the end, i was just terrible at it. But I did put effort, and it did put me through a depression throughout the years, id cry in secret, because I did not know how to pray. Again, I worked hard to be a good Muslim, while telling Allah to forgive me and promising ill start eventually and never miss another salah.

What I am curious about is, do I need to make up those prayers I had missed? I don't even remember when it happened, how it happened. I don't mind making up all the salahs, because they were salahs i wanted to perform to begin with, i never tried to miss it on purpose, and now that I pray, I don't miss a single one. Still, if I do not need to make any up, I would like to know. I follow Sayed Sistani if it helps.

I thank anyone in advance for responding and helping :D

Salam, it's good you are praying regularly now and sought how to perform salah correctly when you were young :) If you were baligh (9+ lunar years old if a girl and around 15 if you are a boy) when you missed those prayers then you have to try and estimate the number of prayers you are sure you missed and make them up. And it would be good if you try to gently persuade your siblings to pray as well so that they don't have a lot to make up some day, and it is also your religious obligation if you think by persuading them it will get them to pray. 

Edited by ireallywannaknow

12 hours ago, Abrar.moha said:

I learned how to pray when i was a child. But I had forgotten over time. I can't even remember how it happened. I feared telling my parents, because I did not want to get in trouble (I was still a child) and to much time passed by. I could not ask people around me, as they would get me in trouble, and I mean, I would have been in such a huge amount of trouble, and I wont list the details. It's just bad. So I tried and tried to search online, but i was still to young to know words and terms to search and when i did, it was in English roman letters, i could not understand the pronunciation. And if it were in Arabic, it would be people making false prayers for Shia's. (By the way, I am shia). Eventually, i made friends with good people who did not judge me or spread rumors about me. And helped me through with praying again. Alhamdullah, i have worked hard to be a good Muslim during the years I did not pray. But I began to feel like a complete Muslim when I started to pray. Here is another problem, the way my parents teach Salah, its forceful and not good. In fact, I don't think any of my siblings pray and don't care. During the time i did learn, it was horrible. I don't blame myself for how things came to be. And my Arabic is absolutely terrible, i did not know how to read or write and lacked speaking skills, so i could not even search in Arabic. Or in the end, i was just terrible at it. But I did put effort, and it did put me through a depression throughout the years, id cry in secret, because I did not know how to pray. Again, I worked hard to be a good Muslim, while telling Allah to forgive me and promising ill start eventually and never miss another salah.

What I am curious about is, do I need to make up those prayers I had missed? I don't even remember when it happened, how it happened. I don't mind making up all the salahs, because they were salahs i wanted to perform to begin with, i never tried to miss it on purpose, and now that I pray, I don't miss a single one. Still, if I do not need to make any up, I would like to know. I follow Sayed Sistani if it helps.

I thank anyone in advance for responding and helping :D

Salaam. Yes brother, you need to make up for all the prayers missed.

Quick tip would be to offer qada salah with the wajib one. So every morning you are pray wajib fajr and then immediately after it pray your qada fajr....and so on.

You are blessed in that you lost your way but found it again. mashallah

Edited by shiaman14