Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What Came First: Chicken or Egg?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Veteran Member

Prove what came first (chicken or egg) Islamically.

I will start off with chicken came first because the Quran says everything is created in pairs so the rooster and hen got together to lay the first egg.

"And He it is Who spread out the earth and placed therein firm hills and flowing streams, and of all fruits He placed therein two spouses (male and female). He covereth the night with the day. Lo! herein verily are portents for people who take thought." - Qur'an 13:3

"Glory be to Him Who created all the sexual pairs, of that which the earth groweth, and of themselves, and of that which they know not!" - Qur'an 36:36

"He Who created all the pairs, and appointed for you ships and cattle whereupon ye ride." - Qur'an 43:12

"And all things We have created by pairs, that haply ye may reflect." - Qur'an 51:49

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

We actually can answer this without religion. Any egg which comes from a chicken is a chicken egg, therefore the chicken must have come first, though possibly (if it evolved) it may have come from an egg which was not a chicken egg. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 minute ago, notme said:

We actually can answer this without religion. Any egg which comes from a chicken is a chicken egg, therefore the chicken must have come first, though possibly (if it evolved) it may have come from an egg which was not a chicken egg. 

but I am looking for religious proof.

So where did the chicken come from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

but I am looking for religious proof.

So where did the chicken come from?

From an evolutionary perspective, a chicken came from an "almost chicken" egg. 

The book of Genesis in the Bible says animals were created in pairs, then given the ability to reproduce. That's in agreement with what the Quran says, mentioned above. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
14 minutes ago, notme said:

From an evolutionary perspective, a chicken came from an "almost chicken" egg. 

The book of Genesis in the Bible says animals were created in pairs, then given the ability to reproduce. That's in agreement with what the Quran says, mentioned above. 

I think we solved one of the oldest questions ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, repenter said:

Aren't chicklets dependant on their mothers to survive? Both to keep the egg warm so it can grow inside.....and also when they are young chickens. So if the egg came first.....how did it survive? 

good point

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, repenter said:

Aren't chicklets dependant on their mothers to survive? Both to keep the egg warm so it can grow inside.....and also when they are young chickens. So if the egg came first.....how did it survive? 

From the less evolved parent. Have you seen this thing where the little ducklings started following a guy because he’s what they saw first? He became the papa duck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
6 minutes ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

If it was the egg or the chicken, what does it really matter?

Omelette vs chicken tikka - big difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
52 minutes ago, Nitidum said:

‘The chicken came first, not the egg’, scientists prove

http://metro.co.uk/2010/07/13/the-chicken-came-first-not-the-egg-scientists-prove-447738/

Science and Islam agreeing. Mashallah.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...