Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Aflower

Would you marry her?

Rate this topic

Given that mutahs are allowed, would the brothers have an issue with having a Nikah with a woman who adhered to Islam in almost every way (i.e. wore a scarf, read namaaz etc), but had multiple mutahs previously? Would it bother you that your wife was not a virgin and had possibly had multiple partners; albeit in a completely halal and legit way? Please be honest.  

Edited by Aflower

I'd rather marry a woman who has not been married yet at all, mutah or permanent, so we can both start our spiritual life together with the sacred bond of marriage and experience all the outcomes together firsthand.

Given, I would not marry anyone unless they are pious/religious. But only if Allah wills.

Edited by Hussaini624

41 minutes ago, Shi3i_jadeed said:

Yes, it would bother me whether she engaged in a permanent or temporary marriage previously especially multiple.

Same here, I would prefer a wife who hasn't engaged in previous marriage or sexual activity. Personal preference.

4 hours ago, Aflower said:

Given that mutahs are allowed, would the brothers have an issue with having a Nikah with a woman who adhered to Islam in almost every way (i.e. wore a scarf, read namaaz etc), but had multiple mutahs previously? Would it bother you that your wife was not a virgin and had possibly had multiple partners; albeit in a completely halal and legit way? Please be honest.  

Salamun ALykum dear Sister. Look its very evident that Islam allowed Mutah to prevent corruption in the society. But as the time has passed, Scholars and Marajes have advised to avoid Mutah as much as possible. The new era has developed in a very sensitive form where the marriage tends to break because of little issues. And his/her partner having engaged with someone else will naturally be a big issue for anyone. So yes, on the firsthand it is advisable to avoid Mutah.

But if someone has done Mutah, It is suggested to marry a guy/girl who also has done a mutah so this virginity issue is automatically cancelled at both the ends.

For me, I will obviously choose a girl who has not been engaged. Since marriage is a complete encapsulation of spirit and the body. If her heart has been committed for someone else earlier, I may have serious trust issues.

Let us remember the example of Bibi Asma bint Umays (sa). She was first married to Ja'far ibn Abi Talib (as), then Abu Bakr ibn Abi Quhafa, and then Ameerul Mu'mineen, Ali ibn Abi Talib(asws). She was the mother of such great sons as Muhammad ibn Ja'far (as), Abdullah ibn Ja'far (as), Awn ibn Ja'far (as), and Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr (ra). She bore two sons, Yahya (as) and Awn (as) to our master, Ameerul Mu'mineen (as). In Shaykh as-Saduq (rh)'s book al-Khisal, she is listed as one of the women of paradise.

looks like men dems aint tinkin propa u get me.

If a female claims she has done many mutah's then as the response would be as equivilant to a man, and that is why?. What do we mean by why?. Was it purely pleasure? or did the relationships fail?. Why did they fail?.

If it was purely pleasure, then we have a behaviour issue. could be an individual who is hypersexual, would this person balance your outlook in life?, can such a person be trusted?. are there emotional pleasure sensors stronger then their rational side, if yes, it would imply they make emotive judgement calls.

Men do not appreciate a female who has been with many men.

Women like the idea of a man being with many women, that would imply a type of worth or status.

Edited by monad

Hi

Problem is.. Not a single person has got gutts to say that the CONCEPT of MUTTAH itself is  wrong . I openly reject it. But becuase people are GOD fearing than GOD Loving and are always stressed  about Hell and Heaven ( as if profit and loss in businesss) would never dare to speak against what is Morally Wrong let alone be religion. 

My Heart can never accept that THE Rasul and Imams i Follow of that high unattainable stature which no one can reach to, can talk about such a thing which is completely wrong and which would lead their followers (specially muslimaa- ladies) in to such a pathetic situation or  leave her in to for-ever carrying title of Muttah Girl who is available for every men lol for the sake of avoiding Haram. What a disrespect!

1 hour ago, Be Human First said:

Hi

Problem is.. Not a single person has got gutts to say that the CONCEPT of MUTTAH itself is  wrong . I openly reject it. But becuase people are GOD fearing than GOD Loving and are always stressed  about Hell and Heaven ( as if profit and loss in businesss) would never dare to speak against what is Morally Wrong let alone be religion. 

My Heart can never accept that THE Rasul and Imams i Follow of that high unattainable stature which no one can reach to, can talk about such a thing which is completely wrong and which would lead their followers (specially muslimaa- ladies) in to such a pathetic situation or  leave her in to for-ever carrying title of Muttah Girl who is available for every men lol for the sake of avoiding Haram. What a disrespect!

This is literally your opinion taken from the cultural abuse of mutah. 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

2 hours ago, Be Human First said:

Hi

Simply rejecting mut'a isn't going to help the fact that Islamic and by extension Abrahamic sexual ethics are not victorian in nature as you would like them to be. Reality is Islam allowed men to keep 4 wives and sleep with their slave women, this is much "worse" than mut'a as per modern sexual ethics. This isn't unique to Islam or anything, jewish tradition maintained that David, Solomon, Abraham and others had multiple wives and concubines. In total it is said Solomon 1,000 wives and concubines. And the greatest man to ever live Muhammad (sawa) had multiple wives and concubines.  Just because you personally feel a certain way does not make it morally correct. I would prefer a virgin woman but that is a personal preference and I cannot morally judge any Muslim or Muslima who had permissible sexual relations.

20 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

This is literally your opinion taken from the cultural abuse of mutah. 

I Agree Ssiter, it is my view towards that. If its due to cultural abuse then brief me about the better or another  culture or generation who would accept this ? And give me a hope where this abuse is not an abuse.I have read all the posts here where majority of men are not agreed to marry a girl who have had been in to muttahs in her past, which is fact I apprecaite their honesty about it. So if this is what men think then Are there some different type of MEN somewhere in some other part of this world who are Happy to accept such girl? simply because it is in religious book and trusting ehr that she followed the commands of religion? One can't just get away saying it's due to Abuse, How/Why did it turn in to abuse in first place? 

Edited by Be Human First