Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Aflower

Would you marry her?

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

The correct version of this according to current community standards would be 

1. Mutah is halal

2. It is a marriage

3. Unless it is my daughter, sister, female cousin,bff,potential spouse. Then it is absolutely haram

Why is mutah haram

because some may have “sex”

my goodness they could be doing worse

3 hours ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

Why is mutah haram

Salam This rules is about Mahram & Non Mahram that is fixed & non changeable  for Mutah & Marriage.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:34 AM, Aflower said:

Given that mutahs are allowed, would the brothers have an issue with having a Nikah with a woman who adhered to Islam in almost every way (i.e. wore a scarf, read namaaz etc), but had multiple mutahs previously? Would it bother you that your wife was not a virgin and had possibly had multiple partners; albeit in a completely halal and legit way? Please be honest.  

Well, If you promise me to grant permission from my wife, I will have not problem in it. It will not bother me at all :D

6 hours ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

Why is mutah haram

@Sisterfatima1

The third point that @Abu Hadi made was tongue in cheek humour. He was not serious! 

Of course we could be "doing worse", as you state. Marriage (be it nikah or mutah) is sacrosanct and within it s** is sacred. It is the union of two lives, bodies and souls. This is exactly why we should not make light of it.  

Edited by Aflower

Your question is asking if guys would be okay to marry a girl who has done mutah correct?

So obviously some will say and some will say no. Its interesting to read why they would answer correspondingly but this thread members should respect each members decisions and not bash them

On 01/04/2018 at 3:16 PM, bigboi said:

what was the purpose for many mutahs?

was it intercourse, physical protection, financial protection or something else.

I honestly find it weird with woman who had several mutahs.

why only 'weird' when a woman has several mutah? its okay for men to do it ? mind you a majority of men most likely do it for intercourse anyway so even if the sister did it i don't see why the reaction should differ ....

Honestly It would bother me, but I am not perfect, who is? It is a flaw that needs to be cut down.

Honestly It actually goes both sides, I wish men were like that as well, not female hungry. Like save themselves for the right wife.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:11 AM, Aflower said:

No-one is saying that mutah is 'dirty'. At least, Allah never intended for it to be 'dirty'. Some of us are merely pointing out that like all things, there are some people who abuse/misuse the halal rulings. If two grown up, consenting and mature individuals willingly engage in a mutah; whilst being fully aware of the benefits and pitfalls, then surely no-one is against it in that scenario.  At the same time, is someone is not comfortable with the idea of engaging in a mutah; or marrying someone in Nikah who has had a mutah, then that is personal choice. That choice must be respected. To re-iterate, no-one is saying that mutah is dirty

Fair enough, but nobody has the right to object to a couple getting a halal marriage.

On 3/15/2018 at 3:01 AM, Hussaini624 said:

I'd rather marry a woman who has not been married yet at all, mutah or permanent, so we can both start our spiritual life together with the sacred bond of marriage and experience all the outcomes together firsthand.

Given, I would not marry anyone unless they are pious/religious. But only if Allah wills.

Thank you for clarifying it that women who are engaged in act of multiple mutah are not pious. I had a long debate on other topics with men supporting mutah, couldn’t find anyone who consider it a taboo in our Shia community. Men use Islam for their own personal gains. So sad, may Allah guide us all on the right path. 

On 3/14/2018 at 11:34 PM, Aflower said:

Given that mutahs are allowed, would the brothers have an issue with having a Nikah with a woman who adhered to Islam in almost every way (i.e. wore a scarf, read namaaz etc), but had multiple mutahs previously? Would it bother you that your wife was not a virgin and had possibly had multiple partners; albeit in a completely halal and legit way? Please be honest.  

Jazakallah khair for posting such an important question. Men have double standards when it comes to mutah marraige. My husband was engaged in mutah for several years without my knowledge and he even has a child with one of his mutah marraige that he hid for so many years. Now my question is if it decent and accepted thing then why men feel so ashamed about it? When we do Nikkah we invite people and let the whole world know that we are getting married than why for muta marriages people become so secretive? If husbands proudly introduce their real wives to the world than why do they hide their mutah wives? Have you ever seen anyone talking openly about having mutah marraiges? “NO” it clearly indicates that it’s a shameful act and people should avoid it. Unfortunately some of the selfish people in our community make it a joke, they practice it like it’s their right, they don’t know there are conditions involved and it doesn’t apply on everyone. 

2 hours ago, Rayhana80 said:

Thank you for clarifying it that women who are engaged in act of multiple mutah are not pious. I had a long debate on other topics with men supporting mutah, couldn’t find anyone who consider it a taboo in our Shia community. Men use Islam for their own personal gains. So sad, may Allah guide us all on the right path. 

Salam, sorry if you misunderstood my comment.

My last comment was just in general, had nothing to do with mut'ah.

Some people seriously need to grow up......just because an idiotic cultural taboo and a mindset of double-standards happens to surround mutah in certain societies, it doesn't automatically become an impious, lewd or shameful act. 

That's the ABUSE of the law, and NOT the law itself! Learn to distinguish between facts and perception. Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى almighty legislates laws according to objective needs, harms and benefits, and your subjective perception counts for NOTHING !

Hundreds of women abuse the laws on sexual harassment each year to settle scores with their male colleagues/bosses, does that mean we should scrap those laws?  

Hundreds of car accidents happen each year. Should we take cars off the road?

Instead of whining about the law itself, kindly exert your faculties to help educate the society, especially the youngsters, against the ABUSE of the law- our maraja have outlined conditions where it ought NOT to be performed. There are youngsters out there who genuinely need this outlet.

Stop raving and come to your senses!