Guest somebody

Stephen Hawking died

3 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Salat al-Janazah is only for Muslims. Nobody expects you to do that. :) 

:) It was said as gentle satire because one of our brother is assuming that hawking was not died as disbeliever.

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Now your assuming he never believed until death approached him.

This is the husn e dhan of brother Ali. 

So the conclusion is if we didnt agree to defend an infidel, an atheist, basically an enemy of God, we are called arrogant, judgmental, our arguments are twisted in a way that pleases the other party in the discussion, using them as EXcuses to defend a man who's life doesn't worth a thing.

God not only paralyzed him, but he made him live decades in agony and in despair, giving him a chance after a chance with each breath he took so he can reflect and believe in the Creator of the universe but still he chose to continue in his Kufr. Forgive me but I cannot comprehend this logic you guys are using.

Edited by yasahebalzaman.313

23 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

was said as gentle satire because one of our brother is assuming that hawking was not died as disbeliever.

I never said that Hawkins died as a believer. I just said that we never know what was in his heart before he died (not at the moment of death).

And yeah if it is known to everyone that he isn't a Muslim then we we shouldn't attend his janaza, but why comment on his fate (something between him and God)?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

16 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

. I just said that we never know what was in his heart before he died (not at the moment of death).

39 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Now your assuming he never believed until death approached him.

This means I assume that he may have believed, and if he died as a believer, it become wajib e kifaee on us to offer funeral prayers. 

I think my position is clear now :D

He did some good science. 

May his family and loved ones be comforted.

Frankly, I'm disgusted by people arguing over whether we should acknowledge/offer condolence for the death of an unbeliever. None of us are perfect, but we are all human. My mother taught me "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

Sad to see the passing of a great scientific mind, who contributed more than any of us ever will. What have we done to enhance humanity’s knowledge?

Also, some of the rhetoric here is unnecessary and is precisely the reason why some outsiders are turned off by religion. You think you’re “telling it like it is”, but are really just undermining your own cause. 

4 minutes ago, Reza said:

great scientific mind

really isnt so great if you dont recognize Allah.. sorry bro. The point of speaking out is, just because a famous person died doesnt mean we should feel sad for him. Do you know if he was good? did he treat his family well? did he ever help a poor person? We dont know any of that. He used his fame to discredit God, thats all I know. So it hurts when you see muslims say "its sad to see him go" Like why? What did he invent really?

11 minutes ago, kirtc said:

really isnt so great if you dont recognize Allah.. sorry bro. The point of speaking out is, just because a famous person died doesnt mean we should feel sad for him. Do you know if he was good? did he treat his family well? did he ever help a poor person? We dont know any of that. He used his fame to discredit God, thats all I know. So it hurts when you see muslims say "its sad to see him go" Like why? What did he invent really?

Great scientific mind mean his knowledge on Science and his contribution to the field. And he truly was. From Islamic viewpoint he is just a Jahil. What he had was a value knowledge that Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى gave it to him, but was he thankful to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى? no he was not. For me losing this kind of people will only boost the society more and more to ignorance, even if the society itself is already bad.

Edited by Abu Nur

For those that say what was his beliefs before he died:

Quran 4:18

But repentance is not [accepted] of those who [continue to] do evil deeds up until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "Indeed, I have repented now," or of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful punishment.

33 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

Great scientific mind mean his knowledge on Science and his contribution to the field. And he truly was. From Islamic viewpoint he is just a Jahil. What he had was a value knowledge that Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى gave it to him, but was he thankful to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى? no he was not. For me losing this kind of people will only boost the society more and more to ignorance, even if the society itself is already bad.

Do you really think Allah swt would gift an arrogant soul? I'm not asking to argue, Im asking a legit question. Do we know that Stephen Hawking is good at science? Because until now everything I have read is speculation. He writes theories. Did anything he do actually contribute to mankind? 

Edited by kirtc

9 minutes ago, kirtc said:

Do you really think Allah swt would gift an an arrogant soul? I'm not asking to argue, Im asking a legit question. Do we know that Stephen Hawking is good at science? Because until now everything I have read is speculation. He writes theories. Did anything he do actually contribute to mankind? 

The knowledge is not limited only to the believers. They also do hard work to gain such a knowledge. The saddest part is that when Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى gift them, they will not appreciate it and it will only lead them more and more to their arrogance.

Do we know that Stephen Hawking is good at science

You serious brother? 

1 hour ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

So the conclusion is if we didnt agree to defend an infidel, an atheist, basically an enemy of God, we are called arrogant, judgmental, our arguments are twisted in a way that pleases the other party in the discussion, using them as EXcuses to defend a man who's life doesn't worth a thing.

God has bigger enemies than Hawking. Many in our own communities maybe we should start there first. I consider more so-called muslims to be way more problematic than hawking, even though technically they aren't "infidels".

1 hour ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

God not only paralyzed him, but he made him live decades in agony and in despair, giving him a chance after a chance with each breath he took so he can reflect and believe in the Creator of the universe but still he chose to continue in his Kufr. Forgive me but I cannot comprehend this logic you guys are using.

Lol, if you were born an atheist and became disabled, would you turn to God after being told God is what put you in that situation to make you turn to him? Have you ever been disabled? If not, how can you comment on someone's condition and think it should've been a situation that should've made it easy enough for him to turn to God. 

Ok guys, you're right and we're wrong, Thank God an enemy of Allah is dead, now he will rot in hellfire. Are you happy? Oh but Saddam will eventually go to heaven, because he at least believed in God even as he gassed hundreds of thousands of people, he will burn for a while but get heaven eventually.

18 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Ok guys, you're right and we're wrong, Thank God an enemy of Allah is dead, now he will rot in hellfire. Are you happy? Oh but Saddam will eventually go to heaven, because he at least believed in God even as he gassed hundreds of thousands of people, he will burn for a while but get heaven eventually.

nah , it aint like that. I'm with sahebelzaman on this.. maybe for different reasons.. but why feel bad for his death? I want to know other than the superficial fact that he is famous. Did any of his theories revolutionize the way you think? Did he invent something that helps us today as humans? I could be wrong, but as far as I see, all he did was speculate about black holes and the creation of the universe...

18 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

You serious brother? 

yes, im serious.. dont underestimate the power of sensationalism  

18 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

go through them, you will see the two theories atrributed to him are not proven and the rest are theories built on other scientists' theories. We can go into detail if you like.

5 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

Did i say that we should discredit his work cause he was an atheist? :confused:

5 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

It's our job to do الامر بالمعروف والنهي عن المنكر

An atheist is an enemy of God, despite who he is and what he is.

^Looks and sounds like discrediting to me.

3 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Nice.

I for one will not honor a great kafir who has made a name for himself by insulting Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and propagating for kufr.

I don’t agree with you on many things, but this I will agree on.

He was always arrogantly stating his views. And I will not support an arrogant person no matter how great his contributions were on this Earth. 

9 hours ago, Irfani313 said:

May Allah swt bless his soul, many of these super smart people become mo'wwahid at some point in their lives. You never know he could be our kindred in faith in secret.

2 hours ago, Reza said:

Sad to see the passing of a great scientific mind, who contributed more than any of us ever will. What have we done to enhance humanity’s knowledge?

I am expecting that someone is going to call for a fatiha for the soul of deceased scientist

Edited by Salsabeel

Knowledge does not help you, if you become arrogant/delusional and want to read mind of god. And Claim absurdities. 

We turn now to Stephen Hawking. He proposes M-theory, a variant of string theory, to explain the origins of the universe. The conclusion of his last book, The Grand Design, states:

Because there is a law like gravity, the universe can and will create itself out of nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing. It is not necessary to invoke God.[54]

He added: "According to M-theory ours is not the only universe. It predicts that a great many universes were created out of nothing."[55] Therefore, he claims, there is no need for God. 

https://www.bethinking.org/does-science-disprove-god/the-delusion-of-atheists

Any thoughts on Stephen Hawkins statement and his argument of Natural  Laws? 

(Basic/Fundamental Concepts no mechanics)

This one 

There is always a line about god in these videos. Pharaoh was obsessed with reading the mind of god and finding replacements.

He should have stayed close to his discipline and worked on " Science Stuff". He had to become a Pharaoh of his time to challenge God. In which he miserably failed.

Edited by S.M.H.A.

9 hours ago, Be Human First said:

It is Indeed a big Loss, there's no replacement of Him at all in this entire world. It is a great loss to God's World. May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى reward him with every happiness and comfort that he deserves in the other world that he has transited Into.

There are plenty of replacements. 

Stephen Hawking 

what was before Big Bang (uploaded 1 week later)

Edited by Ashvazdanghe