Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Semanta

Makeup

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

I used the exact same reasoning to justify my sinful behavior. And heck even my sinful behavior objectively was not that bad. And some scholars here and there even said it was okay. 

But I know I used this to fool myself and fuel my nafs. And it was no coincidence I became more self-absorbed the longer I used this reasoning. The less sincrere I became in my prayers. 

But then I had enough. And I threw away all the excuses "What I'm doing isn't that bad!" "Maulana xyz said it isn't haram!". And I began to start to feel shame for my actions. And due to just this one thing I became less self-absorbed and more sincere in my prayers. 

You and I both know what we are doing. You and I both know the games we play with our minds to minimize our sins to fuel our nafs. Don't fall for these games, these excuses. That is all they are in the end. 

Yes, you’re right... and no matter what others tell you in the end you say you’re going to change but you don’t... because you ignore the truth... and this is wrong...

okay then can you alleaste tell me what Sayed sistani says about makeup?  Does he agree for women to wear mascara and eyeliner ? And when you show me what he said can you please explain it to me.. 

4 minutes ago, Semanta said:

Yes, you’re right... and no matter what others tell you in the end you say you’re going to change but you don’t... because you ignore the truth... and this is wrong...

okay then can you alleaste tell me what Sayed sistani says about makeup?  Does he agree for women to wear mascara and eyeliner ? And when you show me what he said can you please explain it to me.. 

Go back to the first page. I believe you have your answer there. 

45 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Weird. I almost never see Muslims like what you’ve described, unless they are not religious. 

As for girls spending two hours in front of the mirror — that’s not true for everyone. Makeup for me takes less than five minutes and it looks like I have nothing on. I would think most sisters here are the same in terms of their makeup application (natural makeup).

Right! it take 10mins for me to get done with make up.

13 hours ago, Ali-F said:

According to Sayed Ali al-Sistani (ha):

Question: Is it permissible for a woman to go out of her house for some errands perfumed, with the fragrance of her perfume reaching non-mahram men?
Answer: She ought not do that. It is not permissible if it tempts a non-mahram man or normally causes him excitement.

Question: It is normal these days for a woman to put on mascara and make-up, wear rings, necklaces and bracelets for beauty and then go out in front of people in the markets and streets.
Answer: This is not permissible for her except for mascara and rings provided that she is safe from falling into forbidden activities and does not intend by it to excite non-mahram men.

Brother I don’t get the last part... so I’m allowed to wear mascara but I have to becareful and be safe in a way of not  doing forbidden activities and  not intend by it to excite non- mahram men?....  

like to have in mind not to wear makeup for anyone.. just for yourself.. even when you go outdoors?.... 

11 minutes ago, Semanta said:

Brother I don’t get the last part... so I’m allowed to wear mascara but I have to becareful and be safe in a way of not  doing forbidden activities and  not intend by it to excite non- mahram men?....  

like to have in mind not to wear makeup for anyone.. just for yourself.. even when you go outdoors?.... 

He is saying this because he does not have any fiqhi evidence to make it haram. It is allowed.

I may be reading into this too much, but I get the intention behind this that it is better to avoid mascara and wearing it in the first place. 

20 minutes ago, Be Human First said:

Right! it take 10mins for me to get done with make up.

Do you also identify with the "woke" crowd? If not then consider this a blessing from Allah. 

And if you don't know who "woke sisters" are, then another blessing from Allah and I pray you never meet them. 

6 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

He is saying this because he does not have any fiqhi evidence to make it haram. It is allowed.

I may be reading into this too much, but I get the intention behind this that it is better to avoid mascara and wearing it in the first place. 

Then what is allowed for me to do? If mascara I have to avoid it... then what does Sayed sistani allow  women to do when talking about   makeup..

14 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Do you also identify with the "woke" crowd? If not then consider this a blessing from Allah. 

And if you don't know who "woke sisters" are, then another blessing from Allah and I pray you never meet them. 

I know what God's blessings are on Me., My Allah or me is the one to decide about considerate or inconsiderate blessings...Not You. 

So, I'm sorry I don't take your any word.