Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Semanta

Makeup

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Be Human First said:

Oh yeah! and how do you know this ?? The difference is they are very trasparent and honest in their approach meaning If they like you or want to engage with you for a good time they tell you on Face not running around, and when you talk about tank tops and shorts then I must say you are just trying to support your view as I know many pure western families who had such scenarios every given day but nothing as such happens with regards to Stimulation or Arousals and even if it does nothing wrong with it after all human beings are packed with all this emotions that comes natural but potraying GIRLS dressing/make up as a major factor to such arousals is completely illogical.  I know many men/women around me in my society who play innocent and honest on partner's face and behind the scene are in to many relations and MAKE UP/ Fragrance or LADIES Dressing has got no connection to it. It's how their characters are, If you even send them in to the House of GOD they would do the similar thing there as it is something which is Inside one's mentality. It cant be just erased or changed.

Lol what? Are you kidding me. 

"Specifically, studies have shown that the pervasiveness of sexual imagery and fashion (i.e. the sexualisation of society) is linked to sexual harassment.

Dr Linda Papadopoulos notes, “It is tempting to dismiss the link between sexualisation and violence as being too far-fetched. Yet the evidence cited…suggests a clear link between consumption of sexualised images, a tendency to view women as objects and the acceptance of aggressive attitudes and behaviour as the norm. In many ways, sexualisation leads to dehumanisation.[6]

Rachel Calogero noted in her research, “[C]ultural practices of sexually objectifying women are pervasive in Westernized societies and create multiple opportunities for the female body to be on public display. A large body of research has documented that women are targeted for sexually objectifying treatment in their day-to-day lives more often than are men.[7]

What are the mechanisms of this link between sexual harassment and the sexualisation of society?

How a sexualised society influences choices

This sexualisation of the public space, turning it into a courtship arena, is observable in a number of sociological effects. For example, a 2011 study demonstrated that women chose significantly more ‘sexy’ outdoor clothing after being primed with imagery of attractive men before being given the task. Additionally, women’s choice of sexier outdoor clothing was also affected by ovulation, and being primed with pictures of rival attractive females (the latter, which could be understood as a drive to compete, interestingly had no effect when the women were not ovulating).[8]

The societal pressure that women are under to a dress a particular way is not new, a study from 1981, noted[9] that 80% of women believe that some or most women at work ‘dresses to be sexual attractive’ and that 57% of women believe that some or most of women at work ‘present a sexually seductive image’.

Studies show that a sexualised society creates the perception that acceptance and excellence must be gained through use of enhanced appearance to manipulate the behaviour and treatment of others. A study in 2009, found that attractive females were given higher performance ratings than unattractive females[10].

A study in 2009[11], published in a journal for the hospitality industry, noted that use of make up by waitresses gained greater tips from male patrons (than female patrons).

In a study conducted in 2010, and published in the Journal of International Women’s Studies, Dr Avigail Moor, a clinical psychologist, observes,

“In all types of questioning, women did indeed identify the social, interpersonal, and personal advantage of such [body-revealing] clothing in terms of attractiveness and desirability, as the primary reason for wearing it…the responses given by most women seem to connect the choice of a sexualized appearance to a desire to be and feel valued, in a social context in which these two variables are routinely tied together … to them [the women], it was clear that wearing such attire has nothing to do with a desire for sexual relations per se, but rather with a wish to attract. Moreover, even as they acknowledge that men may sometimes be aroused by the sexy look, this is in no way seen as its goal. Rather, it is seen as a means to an end, namely, to attract-generally one particular man and not men in general – and be valued”.[12]

https://zarafaris.com/2017/10/25/would-prophet-yusuf-ﷺ-get-to-say-metoo/

Salam Alyikom, I’m sorry for making you all be this way.... I just wanted to know if I’m allowed to wear makeup( add mascara on my lashes, foundation to cover up the dark circles around my eyes, and put eyeliner on top of my eye lashes that is it... this is my makeup.... I don’t clown my face..... 

26 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

@Sisterfatima1

Okay, so then when you slip into a pair of comfy pajamas and are relaxing at home, do you put on makeup? If it really is for yourself, then I would expect you to wear makeup at home.

But clearly you don't. You ONLY put it on when you go outside. Why outside and not at home?

HI Ali

You know how we put worn clothes in to washing or dry cleaning for the sake of cleaning and maintaing life of clothes , We females does the same thing with regards to Skin (to your above comment) , there are many pre and post seps of care to be taken to keep skin/face/body healthy and cleansed. SO we cant always have make up on FOREVER. One cannot have make up on every time similar to how men can't be over bearded, you as per your belief trim, cut, shave -hair, moustache, beard. So let's not be too narrow about it. (PS: I've quoted mens stuff for the sake of explanation not for comparison). Plesae Don't take me wrong :)

6 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

"Specifically, studies have shown that the pervasiveness of sexual imagery and fashion (i.e. the sexualisation of society) is linked to sexual harassment.

Dr Linda Papadopoulos notes, “It is tempting to dismiss the link between sexualisation and violence as being too far-fetched. Yet the evidence cited…suggests a clear link between consumption of sexualised images, a tendency to view women as objects and the acceptance of aggressive attitudes and behaviour as the norm. In many ways, sexualisation leads to dehumanisation.[6]

Rachel Calogero noted in her research, “[C]ultural practices of sexually objectifying women are pervasive in Westernized societies and create multiple opportunities for the female body to be on public display. A large body of research has documented that women are targeted for sexually objectifying treatment in their day-to-day lives more often than are men.[7]

What are the mechanisms of this link between sexual harassment and the sexualisation of society?

This sexualisation of the public space, turning it into a courtship arena, is observable in a number of sociological effects. For example, a 2011 study demonstrated that women chose significantly more ‘sexy’ outdoor clothing after being primed with imagery of attractive men before being given the task. Additionally, women’s choice of sexier outdoor clothing was also affected by ovulation, and being primed with pictures of rival attractive females (the latter, which could be understood as a drive to compete, interestingly had no effect when the women were not ovulating).[8]

The societal pressure that women are under to a dress a particular way is not new, a study from 1981, noted[9] that 80% of women believe that some or most women at work ‘dresses to be sexual attractive’ and that 57% of women believe that some or most of women at work ‘present a sexually seductive image’.

Studies show that a sexualised society creates the perception that acceptance and excellence must be gained through use of enhanced appearance to manipulate the behaviour and treatment of others. A study in 2009, found that attractive females were given higher performance ratings than unattractive females[10].

A study in 2009[11], published in a journal for the hospitality industry, noted that use of make up by waitresses gained greater tips from male patrons (than female patrons).

In a study conducted in 2010, and published in the Journal of International Women’s Studies, Dr Avigail Moor, a clinical psychologist, observes,

“In all types of questioning, women did indeed identify the social, interpersonal, and personal advantage of such [body-revealing] clothing in terms of attractiveness and desirability, as the primary reason for wearing it…the responses given by most women seem to connect the choice of a sexualized appearance to a desire to be and feel valued, in a social context in which these two variables are routinely tied together … to them [the women], it was clear that wearing such attire has nothing to do with a desire for sexual relations per se, but rather with a wish to attract. Moreover, even as they acknowledge that men may sometimes be aroused by the sexy look, this is in no way seen as its goal. Rather, it is seen as a means to an end, namely, to attract-generally one particular man and not men in general – and be valued”.[12]

Sorry I cant be bothered to read such long paragraphs, I talk from my Own, day to day experiences.

Just now, Be Human First said:

HI Ali

You know how we put worn clothes in to washing or dry cleaning for the sake of cleaning and maintaing life of clothes , We females does the same thing with regards to Skin (to your above comment) , there are many pre and post seps of care to be taken to keep skin/face/body healthy and cleansed. SO we cant always have make up on FOREVER. One cannot have make up on every time similar to how men can't be over bearded, you as per your belief trim, cut, shave -hair, moustache, beard. So let's not be too narrow about it. (PS: I've quoted mens stuff for the sake of explanation not for comparison). Plesae Don't take me wrong :)

As someone with chronic eczema, trust me my skin problems might be worse than yours. 

And correct. That is why when you go out in public you should put all those pretty clothes in the washing and let your skin breath and be plain faced. However when at home for the sake of your male mahram you should beautify yourself. But you lot seem to have this backward. 

14 minutes ago, Semanta said:

Salam Alyikom, I’m sorry for making you all be this way.... I just wanted to know if I’m allowed to wear makeup( add mascara on my lashes, foundation to cover up the dark circles around my eyes, and put eyeliner on top of my eye lashes that is it... this is my makeup.... I don’t clown my face..... 

How about asking Hazrat Fatima (SA)? How would she react to this desire of yours?

I give the same above advice to myself everyday. Even if due to my own nafs I may not give up right away on such displeasing behaviors I commit. And due to such resistance on my part, I at least try to feel deep shame at the sins and displeasikg behavior I commit. 

Edited by Guest Account Ali

It’s okay, I got my answer thank you everyone... and I’m sorry for making you all be this way... I follow sayed sistani... from what I read of...he said It is not permissible for a women except for mascara and rings provided that she is safe from falling into forbidden activities and does not intend by it to excite non-mahram men... so from what I read... I can wear makeup as long as I don’t think of it as wearing it to do forbidden activities ( which I don’t, I wear makeup to look nice for myself... even when I go out... ) and Ofcourse I don’t wear makeup for guys...... I’m not like that...  Again I wear makeup because it makes me happy, it gives me confidence.. 

Edited by Semanta

1 minute ago, Guest Account Ali said:

However when at home for the sake of your male mahram you should beautify yourself. But you lot seem to have this backward. 

My Male Partner would love me the way I am, his love and affection would not change if i put the make up on or not. Similar to the way I'd love him for WHO HE IS.

I'm happy this way at least I'm not dependent on materialistic approach for strengtheing or living in a realtionship with Other Half.

And let me tell you, Even if a woman adopts to what you wrote as plain faced and breathable skin still men would never be happy about it.  

SO basically whether she puts make up on or not, Mens Insecurities would never fade rather stregthen with time. :D

13 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

But where did all that voracity go in your previous message? You sure as heck seemed to be pretty sure on wanting to prove your point. Lol. 

That's your Perception and the way you take it. I never try to convince people or get them agree to my view

I'm as right as you are and Im as wrong as you are. 

36 minutes ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

So  if I’m wearing a moisturiser I’m doing haram show me the fatwa that says it’s haram

Oh, you know what you are doing. You know your intentions. And something tells me that if you don't use this same moisturizer at home then perhaps you do care about how you look to others. 

As someone with chronic facial eczema, and also my sister has it as well. We both put on our steroid creams and use our medical shampoos at home and in public. And while you may not have eczema, still...

7 minutes ago, Be Human First said:

My Male Partner would love me the way I am, his love and affection would not change if i put the make up on or not. Similar to the way I'd love him for WHO HE IS.

I'm happy this way at least I'm not dependent on materialistic approach for strengtheing or living in a realtionship with Other Half.

And let me tell you, Even if a woman adopts to what you wrote as plain faced and breathable skin still men would never be happy about it.  

SO basically whether she puts make up on or not, Mens Insecurities would never fade rather stregthen with time. :D

3 minutes ago, Be Human First said:

That's your Perception and the way you take it. I never try to convince people or get them agree to my view

I'm as right as you are and Im as wrong as you are. 

Suprised you managed to type out both messages but still can keep a straight face. Try any go back and really look hard to see if there are any contradictions between these two statements, okay? 

4 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Oh, you know what you are doing. You know your intentions. And something tells me that if you don't use this same moisturizer at home then perhaps you do care about how you look to others. 

As someone with chronic facial eczema, and also my sister has it as well. We both put on our steroid creams and use our medical shampoos at home and in public. And while you may not have eczema, still...

https://www.mecca.com.au/lancome/uv-expert-youth-shield-bb-complete-1-spf-50-pa-/V-027768.html?cgpath=makeup-complexion-tintedmoisturiser#start=1

tell me the harm in it I put it on every morning 

where’s the crime and if I so happen to leave the house after applying it does it make me a crim ?

8 minutes ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

https://www.mecca.com.au/lancome/uv-expert-youth-shield-bb-complete-1-spf-50-pa-/V-027768.html?cgpath=makeup-complexion-tintedmoisturiser#start=1

tell me the harm in it I put it on every morning 

where’s the crime and if I so happen to leave the house after applying it does it make me a crim ?

Do you put it on at home? This ain't about haram and halal. It is halal to smoke, and to do Mutah when married. But that ain't the question here. 

Question is, why only when you go Out? Why not at home. My sister puts her creams on at home. Some for her eczema and some for other reasons. The womenfolk in my family never put on any thing when they go out that they don't actively have on at home. 

2 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Suprised you managed to type out both messages but still can keep a straight face. Try any go back and really look hard to see if there are any contradictions between these two statements, okay? 

Ali - Lets not further strech this topic, By all my comments I only meant not to Point OUT FEMALE Make up/ dressing as a reason for Mens Arousal. Men doesn't need all this to act for his instincts, familiarise yourself with all developing countries rape stories or extra affairs stories which has got nothing to do with make up or beauty, in Fact its a surprise how men from those countries prey on poor, weak, infant, toddler,young, old, middle age females who are not even good enough in attracting men due to their physical conditions, environment and many more factors.

46 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

1 minute ago, Be Human First said:

Ali - Lets not further strech this topic, By all my comments I only meant not to Point OUT FEMALE Make up/ dressing as a reason for Mens Arousal. Men doesn't need all this to act for his instincts, familiarise yourself with all developing countries rape stories or extra affairs stories which has got nothing to do with make up or beauty, in Fact its a surprise how men from those countries prey on poor, weak, infant, toddler,young, old, middle age females who are not even good enough in attracting men due to their physical conditions, environment and many more factors.

Read. Read to your hearts content. 

1 hour ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Okay, so then when you slip into a pair of comfy pajamas and are relaxing at home, do you put on makeup? If it really is for yourself, then I would expect you to wear makeup at home.

I do actually wear makeup at home, again, because I hate the redness when the vessels on my skin break. It doesn’t make me vain for wanting to do so. 

Even when I’m home or relaxing, I do not wear pjs, only at bedtime. 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

4 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I do actually wear makeup at home, again, because I hate the redness when the vessels on my skin break. It doesn’t make me vain for wanting to do so. 

Good. What makes you vain is when you only wear makeup outside but chillax at home to the max. Acne, redness, and all. Meaning when you go out you look as pretty as a model but at home you ain't lookin so appealing.  

57 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

How about asking Hazrat Fatima (SA)? How would she react to this desire of yours?

I give the same above advice to myself everyday. Even if due to my own nafs I may not give up right away on such displeasing behaviors I commit. And due to such resistance on my part, I at least try to feel deep shame at the sins and displeasikg behavior I commit. 

I do feel ashamed and sometimes I feel really horrible but in this generation it is hard for me to not wear makeup...it just makes me feel happy.. I feel different... 

but I think of it this way, okay yes it is not allowed to wear makeup but you can put little it’s better then adding so much ( or coloring your face ) but  I can also for Allah SWT to forgive me... I can do good deeds for and this will lower my sins I have committed...I mean come on!! I don’t want to make my Religion extreme!! Where everything becomes haram... haram to do this haram to do that haram haram this is too much... it’s like having OCD and you overthink.... I don’t want to have anxiety... I have experienced it.. enough..

Edited by Semanta

9 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Wonderful. Keep it up. 

But I do wonder why when women are afflicted with a skin disorder they turn to make up but men at some level accept that they gonna look like Freddy Krugers cousin or something. No matter how much steroidal creams they put on their face.

I may have mentioned this before, but both me and my sister have chronic facial eczema. And apparently it manifests slightly worse in me for various unknown reasons. So no matter how much Desonide I throw on my face I always gonna look like someone threw hot cooking oil in my face. But my sister puts on makeup at home and in public so she tends to draw less stares than I do. 

12 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Good. What makes you vain is when you only wear makeup outside but chillax at home to the max. Acne, redness, and all. Meaning when you go out you look as pretty as a model but at home you ain't lookin so appealing.  

Do not assume anything. I really do wear makeup at home. I find your post incredibly insensitive and disrespectful. 

“Pretty as a model” - do not assume anything. For your information I dress modestly and coverup as best as I can. 

2 minutes ago, Semanta said:

I do feel ashamed and sometimes I feel really horrible but in this generation it is hard for me to not wear makeup...it just makes me feel happy.. I feel different... 

Just like I do, keep that shame. Let it foster and grow. Just doing this is enough to bring you a million steps closer to proper obedience of God and his last messenger (PBUH). 

I also struggle with...other things compared to you. And these sinful deeds do give me a kind of pleasure and happiness. But I will never let go of the shame I should and do have. Even if societal pressures are mounting, never let go of this shame you have. 

@Islandsandmirrors

I edited that out before you responded. Since I thought it might elicit an unintended response. I also meant that generally in terms of how muslimah's act. And the excuses they use like "I have acne" or "my blood vessels burst in cold weather, etc".

I should have mentioned that but I thought it was implied. 

51 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

17 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

I have another cream I put on before I sleep I’m one who takes care of my skin so well 

so I have different moisturiser for different things 

Just now, Guest Account Ali said:

@Islandsandmirrors

I edited that out before you responded. Since I thought it might elicit an unintended response. I also meant that generally in terms of how muslimah's act. I should have mentioned that but I thought it was implied. 

Wait, so now I’m confused. Are you saying that Muslim woman are walking around men like they are on runways or something? 

3 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Wait, so now I’m confused. Are you saying that Muslim woman are walking around men like they are on runways or something? 

Yep. At least where I attend higher education and the community I am apart of. 

From what my sister tells me, many of these girls look as if they spent like 2+ hours in front of a mirror doodling and patting away at their faces. Desi women aren't exactly known for their obedience to modesty. Possibly because Desi Muslims have been influenced by various Hindu cultures for thousands of years. 

3 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Just like I do, keep that shame. Let it foster and grow. Just doing this is enough to bring you a million steps closer to proper obedience of God and his last messenger (PBUH). 

I also struggle with...other things compared to you. And these sinful deeds do give me a kind of pleasure and happiness. But I will never let go of the shame I should and do have. Even if societal pressures are mounting, never let go of this shame you have. 

Brother, I overthink and when I do I have anxiety... do you know what anxiety is? Have you experienced it??  Trust me you don’t want to... I’m the type of person where I care about pleasing Allah SWT and following  Ahlubayt but at the same time I want to make my Religion beautiful... if I always have to think about every little thing I do oh don’t wear makeup ohh don’t wear jeans ohh don’t listen to music... brother I live in America do you think it is easy for me? No but I’m trying the best to be a good servant and trying to not exceed the limit to everything and take it easy on myself because if I don’t ill be sick and have anxiety with depression... and start to think oh Allah SWT is disappointed in me and then I start to worry more and then it takes control of me... is that how you want me to be? 

7 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

@Islandsandmirrors

I edited that out before you responded. Since I thought it might elicit an unintended response. I also meant that generally in terms of how muslimah's act. And the excuses they use like "I have acne" or "my blood vessels burst in cold weather, etc".

I should have mentioned that but I thought it was implied. 

My vessels burst (and not just get red from the cold) because, tmi sorry, but they burst at the slightest strain using the bathroom. So vessels bursting on my face is quite frequent. It’s not just red spots—it’s all over my face. 

Either way, I shouldn’t have to justify myself. 

2 minutes ago, Semanta said:

Brother, I overthink and when I do I have anxiety... do you know what anxiety is? Have you experienced it??  Trust me you don’t want to... I’m the type of person where I care about pleasing Allah SWT and following  Ahlubayt but at the same time I want to make my Religion beautiful... if I always have to think about every little thing I do oh don’t wear makeup ohh don’t wear jeans ohh don’t listen to music... brother I live in America do you think it is easy for me? No but I’m trying the best to be a good servant and trying to not exceed the limit to everything and take it easy on myself because if I don’t ill be sick and have anxiety with depression... and start to think oh Allah SWT is disappointed in me and then I start to worry more and then it takes control of me... is that how you want me to be? 

Sister, I may or may not have GAD (I have to go through further psych testing). Even my mother comments on how tensed my muscles are due to how anxious I am. What you are going through I have a feeling I am going through and have been as well. 

So I say the same advice with someone as anxiety ridden as me.

6 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Yep. At least where I attend higher education and the community I am apart of. 

From what my sister tells me, many of these girls look as if they spent like 2+ hours in front of a mirror doodling and patting away at their faces. Desi women aren't exactly known for their obedience to modesty. Possibly because Desi Muslims have been influenced by various Hindu cultures for thousands of years. 

Weird. I almost never see Muslims like what you’ve described, unless they are not religious. 

As for girls spending two hours in front of the mirror — that’s not true for everyone. Makeup for me takes less than five minutes and it looks like I have nothing on. I would think most sisters here are the same in terms of their makeup application (natural makeup).

3 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

My vessels burst (and not just get red from the cold) because, tmi sorry, but they burst at the slightest strain using the bathroom. So vessels bursting on my face is quite frequent. It’s not just red spots—it’s all over my face. 

Either way, I shouldn’t have to justify myself. 

Sister, let me remind you. I am not asking for a justification. Just your input on this comment of mine.

22 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

I may have mentioned this before, but both me and my sister have chronic facial eczema. And apparently it manifests slightly worse in me for various unknown reasons. So no matter how much Desonide I throw on my face I always gonna look like someone threw hot cooking oil in my face. But my sister puts on makeup at home and in public so she tends to draw less stares than I do. 

8 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Weird. I almost never see Muslims like what you’ve described, unless they are not religious. 

As for girls spending two hours in front of the mirror — that’s not true for everyone. Makeup for me takes less than five minutes and it looks like I have nothing on. I would think most sisters here are the same in terms of their makeup application (natural makeup).

This website does host mostly pious sisters. 

But the sisters I am talking about. Let's just say that they self identify as being "woke".

10 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Sister, I may or may not have GAD (I have to go through further psych testing). Even my mother comments on how tensed my muscles are due to how anxious I am. What you are going through I have a feeling I am going through and have been as well. 

So I say the same advice with someone as anxiety ridden as me.

Brother there are things that are worse than putting makeup such as drinking, smoking, dating, and going to parties or listening to music... and I don’t do any of these! At all! So putting little makeup is nothing... trust me I try very hard to get closer to Allah SWT and I’m not attach to this world because I know I’m created for a reason to please the Creator but I know that putting makeup attracts men... ( honestly nobody(men)  ever talks to me or tell me I look very nice) only girls and I try my best to keep my circle small... but makeup is not ( OMG you committed a sin) there are things worse!! And I try to estghrouh Rabiii and atleaste I know what I’m doing is not right( putting makeup)...  and btw in America to them(men) seeing women put makeup is NORMAL trust me! 

Edited by Semanta

1 minute ago, Semanta said:

Brother there are things that are worse than putting makeup such as drinking, smoking, dating, and going to parties or listening to music... and I don’t do any of these! At all! So putting little makeup is nothing... trust me I try very hard to get closer to Allah SWT and I’m not attach to this world because I know I’m created for a reason to please the Creator but I know that putting makeup attracts men... ( honestly nobody(men)  ever talks to me or tell me I look very nice) only girls and I try my best to keep my circle small... but makeup is not ( OMG you committed a sin) there are things worse!! And I try to estghrouh Rabiii and atleaste I know what I’m doing is not right( putting makeup)... 

I used the exact same reasoning to justify my sinful behavior. And heck even my sinful behavior objectively was not that bad. And some scholars here and there even said it was okay. 

But I know I used this to fool myself and fuel my nafs. And it was no coincidence I became more self-absorbed the longer I used this reasoning. The less sincrere I became in my prayers. 

But then I had enough. And I threw away all the excuses "What I'm doing isn't that bad!" "Maulana xyz said it isn't haram!". And I began to start to feel shame for my actions. And due to just this one thing I became less self-absorbed and more sincere in my prayers. 

You and I both know what we are doing. You and I both know the games we play with our minds to minimize our sins to fuel our nafs. Don't fall for these games, these excuses. That is all they are in the end.