Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
yasahebalzaman.313

When the women is jealous

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

السلام عليكم

It is said that the jealousy of a man comes from protection, But the jealousy of a women is Kufr and comes from Envy. It is said by ahlulbayt (as) that Envy eats faith like the fire eats wood.

I believe that this is some kind of a Calamity especially for women that should be controlled, because no matter how much you evolve spiritually and religiously, if it comes a time and you feel a tiny bit of this deceitful emotions it will be as if all of your hard work is gone to the trash.

Even if your husband doesn't wanna get married to another women in your lifetime, this feeling is innate in ourselves and should be worked on. To be able to reach a higher stance we should eliminate this devious state of mind.

My question for you sisters is how you manage to control and overcome the feeling of jealousy when your husband for example decides to marry another women? Or when a women approaches your man... etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

It is said that the jealousy of a man comes from protection, But the jealousy of a women is Kufr and comes from Envy. It is said by ahlulbayt (as) that Envy eats faith like the fire eats wood

Salam the true hadith is opposite of this

امير المؤمنين عليٌّ عليه‏السلام :

خِيارُ خِصالِ النِّساءِ شِرارُ خِصالِ الرِّجالِ: الزَّهوُ ، والجُبنُ ، والبُخلُ ؛ فإذا كانتِ المَرأةُ مَزهُوَّةً لَم تُمَكِّنْ مِن نَفسِها ، وإذا كانت بَخيلَةً حَفِظَت مالَها ومالَ بَعلِها ، وإذا كانت جَبانَةً فَرِقَت مِن كُلِّ شَيءٍ يَعرِضُ لَها .

 

Hadith n. 234

234. Amir al-mu'minin, peace be upon him, said: The best traits of women are those which are the worst traits of men, namely: vanity, cowardice and miserliness. Thus, since the woman is vain, she will not allow anyone access to herself; since she is miserly, she will preserve her own property and the property of her husband; and since she is weak-hearted, she will be frightened with everything that befalls her.

234. وقال عليه السلام : خِيَارُ خِصَالِ النِّسَاءِ شِرَارُ خِصَالِ الرِّجَالِ: الزَّهْوُ وَالْجُبْنُ وَالْبُخْلُ، فَإذَا كَانَتِ الْمَرْأَةُ مَزْهُوَّةً لَمْ تُمَكِّنْ مِنْ نَفْسِهَا، وَإِذَا كَانَتْ بِخِيلَةً حَفِظَتْ مَالَهَا وَمَالَ بَعْلِهَا، وَإِذَا كَانَتْ جَبَانَةً فَرِقَتْ مِنْ كُلِّ شِيْءٍ يَعْرِضُ لَهَا.

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-2-letters-and-sayings/selections-sayings-and-preaching-amir-al-muminin-ali#hadith-n-234

Edited by Hameedeh
[Mod Note: Moderators can reduce the size of excessively large fonts to a standard size of 14.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I agree over the things you said but this is not related to my question.

Here are some hadiths from ahlulbayt that talks about jealousy.

.عن أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) قال : غيرة النساء الحسد والحسد هو أصل الكفر ، إن النساء إذا غرن غضبن واذا غضبن كفرن الا المسلمات منهن

.قال أمير المؤمنين ( عليه السلام ) غيرة المرأة كفر وغيرة الرجل ايمان

.عن أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) قال : ان الله لم يجعل الغيرة للنساء وانما جعل الغيرة للرجال... وانما تغار المنكرات منهن فأما المؤمنات فلا

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

Yeah I agree over the things you said but this is not related to my question.

Here are some hadiths from ahlulbayt that talks about jealousy.

.عن أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) قال : غيرة النساء الحسد والحسد هو أصل الكفر ، إن النساء إذا غرن غضبن واذا غضبن كفرن الا المسلمات منهن

.قال أمير المؤمنين ( عليه السلام ) غيرة المرأة كفر وغيرة الرجل ايمان

.عن أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) قال : ان الله لم يجعل الغيرة للنساء وانما جعل الغيرة للرجال... وانما تغار المنكرات منهن فأما المؤمنات فلا

Interesting topic, could you please translate those hadiths? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salam,

1. We being muslims follow rules of Allah and believe that there is goodness for us in every command of His, some of which might be obvious but others that we cannot readily see.A man having the permissibility to have multiple wives is one of them, so being muslims we should believe that there should be goodness in it for us.

2. The woman should keep in mind that being jealous is not going to achieve anything. It's a very negative emotion and leads to other negative emotions like anger, hatred and last but not the least suspicion. Together these eventually turn a woman into bitter person. So, if a woman does not kurb her feelings of jealousy and hence anger, she will only manage in driving her husband farther away because stating simply, which man would want to spend time in company of a bad tempered woman.This would be opposite to what she wanted to achieve.

3. The goal of a human's life is to develop a love for Allah in his heart, a love that supersedes all others and that includes love for one's husband. So, if a woman finds herself in a situation where her husband has another woman(wife or girlfriend) a woman should remind herself that the primary objective of her existence is not to enter into a competition for her husband's attention with other women but to strive hard to achieve a closeness to Allah. If she manages to elevate herself spiritually the problems that come with dunya will seem trivial to her.

4. I don't believe any human in this world apart from the infallibles(as) is capable of completely ridding oneself of negative emotions and acts.We can only try our best. In the akhira we won't get judged for the results but for the sincerity of our efforts. So if a woman tries her best to not get jealous and more importantly not let her jealous feelings translate into actions like negligence of her husband's rights, creating misunderstandings or harming the people involved, I believe Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى will be merciful enough to not waste her good deeds for the flashes of jealousy that take over her mind from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

Interesting topic, could you please translate those hadiths? 

I will translate them based on my own knowledge of terminology.

1 hour ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

 

.عن أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) قال : غيرة النساء الحسد والحسد هو أصل الكفر ، إن النساء إذا غرن غضبن واذا غضبن كفرن الا المسلمات منهن

.قال أمير المؤمنين ( عليه السلام ) غيرة المرأة كفر وغيرة الرجل ايمان

.عن أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) قال : ان الله لم يجعل الغيرة للنساء وانما جعل الغيرة للرجال... وانما تغار المنكرات منهن فأما المؤمنات فلا

Imam al baker(As) says: jealousy of women is envy, and envy is the origin of kufr, the women if they got jealous they will get angry and if they get angry they will do kufr, except for the true muslims among them.

Imam ali says(as): jealousy of women is infidelity and the jealousy of men is Faith.

Imam al baker (as): God didn't create jealousy for women, He, Almighty, created it for men... Only the ignorant of women get jealous but the true believers don't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yasahebalzaman.313 said:

Yeah I agree over the things you said but this is not related to my question.

Here are some hadiths from ahlulbayt that talks about jealousy.

.عن أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) قال : غيرة النساء الحسد والحسد هو أصل الكفر ، إن النساء إذا غرن غضبن واذا غضبن كفرن الا المسلمات منهن

.قال أمير المؤمنين ( عليه السلام ) غيرة المرأة كفر وغيرة الرجل ايمان

.عن أبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) قال : ان الله لم يجعل الغيرة للنساء وانما جعل الغيرة للرجال... وانما تغار المنكرات منهن فأما المؤمنات فلا

 

The first hadith

From Abu Ja'far(may peace be upon him). He says: 

A women does not become angry from jealously except that her jealousy is similar to disbelief(in God)

Surely when a women becomes angry with jelousy, her jelousy takes her outside the religion

(this is an approximate translation)

The Second Hadith

From Amir Al Mumineen (Imam Ali, may peace be upon him). 

The jelousy of women is disbelief (kufr) while the jelousy of men is Faith (Iman)

The third hadith

(If someone else can please translate, I am running short on time)

 

But these hadith do not have rijal or a reference from a book. So I'm not sure where they came from. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

But these hadith do not have rijal or a reference from a book. So I'm not sure where they came from.


1) نهج البلاغة، الحكمة 124. Nahjul balagha wisdom 124

2) فروع الكافي 5 : 505 باب غيرة النساء من كتاب النكاح. Furu' l kafi

3) فروع الكافي 5 : 504. Furu' l kafi

4) تحف العقول : 87. Tihaful 'Ukoul

5) شرح نهج البلاغة 18 / 312 Explanation of nahjul balagha

There are a lot of hadiths from ahlulbayt speaking about the jealousy of women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starlight said:

Salam,

1. We being muslims follow rules of Allah and believe that there is goodness for us in every command of His, some of which might be obvious but others that we cannot readily see.A man having the permissibility to have multiple wives is one of them, so being muslims we should believe that there should be goodness in it for us.

2. The woman should keep in mind that being jealous is not going to achieve anything. It's a very negative emotion and leads to other negative emotions like anger, hatred and last but not the least suspicion. Together these eventually turn a woman into bitter person. So, if a woman does not kurb her feelings of jealousy and hence anger, she will only manage in driving her husband farther away because stating simply, which man would want to spend time in company of a bad tempered woman.This would be opposite to what she wanted to achieve.

3. The goal of a human's life is to develop a love for Allah in his heart, a love that supersedes all others and that includes love for one's husband. So, if a woman finds herself in a situation where her husband has another woman(wife or girlfriend) a woman should remind herself that the primary objective of her existence is not to enter into a competition for her husband's attention with other women but to strive hard to achieve a closeness to Allah. If she manages to elevate herself spiritually the problems that come with dunya will seem trivial to her.

4. I don't believe any human in this world apart from the infallibles(as) is capable of completely ridding oneself of negative emotions and acts.We can only try our best. In the akhira we won't get judged for the results but for the sincerity of our efforts. So if a woman tries her best to not get jealous and more importantly not let her jealous feelings translate into actions like negligence of her husband's rights, creating misunderstandings or harming the people involved, I believe Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى will be merciful enough to not waste her good deeds for the flashes of jealousy that take over her mind from time to time.

I totally agree, these thoughts can be used as weapons each time we feel such feelings. The tricky part is when it comes to institutionalizing the thoughts you mentioned into our systematic way of thinking. It's not easy at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife and Husband’s Jealousy

Imam Ali (AS) has been reported as saying: “The wife’s zeal is (from) disbelief and the husband’s zeal is (from) faith.”17

Imam Sadiq (AS) has been reported by Jabir as saying: “God has made Jihad obligatory on men and on women. As for the jihad of man, man is to offer his properties and blood in the way of Allah. And as for the jihad of woman, womanis to be patient with her husband’s harms and jealousy.”

https://www.al-islam.org/taqwa-piety-advice-ahl-al-bayt-sayyed-hussain-tooyserkani/46-wife-and-husbands-duties#wife-and-husbands-jealousy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember watching a drama, in which husband was having an affair but his wife didn't become jealous at all. The husband asked his wife: "why don't you ever become jealous"? The wife replied, "I had a lover before getting married to you, When he could't get married to me, he died because of grief. When a woman gets such unconditional love, she doesn't desire any more love, that's why I don't become jealous watching you with other women". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These narrations are not authentic.

 

( باب غيرة النساء )

١ ـ عدة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد ، عن عثمان بن عيسى ، عن بعض أصحابه ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال ليس الغيرة إلا للرجال وأما النساء فإنما ذلك منهن حسد والغيرة للرجال ولذلك حرم الله على النساء إلا زوجها وأحل للرجال أربعا وإن الله أكرم أن يبتليهن بالغيرة ويحل للرجال معها ثلاثا.

٢ ـ عنه ، عن محمد بن علي ، عن محمد بن الفضيل ، عن سعد بن الجلاب ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال إن الله عز وجل لم يجعل الغيرة للنساء وإنما تغار المنكرات منهن فأما المؤمنات فلا إنما جعل الله الغيرة للرجال لأنه أحل للرجل أربعا وما ملكت يمينه ولم يجعل للمرأة إلا زوجها فإذا أرادت معه غيره كانت عند الله زانية. قال ورواه القاسم بن يحيى ، عن جده الحسن بن راشد ، عن أبي بكر الحضرمي ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام إلا أنه قال فإن بغت معه غيره.

 

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

الحديث الأول : مرسل.

الحديث الثاني : ضعيف.

مرآت العقول

 

Edited by shadow_of_light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a term for this type of psychological abuse. It's called gaslighting: 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting

Quote

It is said that the jealousy of a man comes from protection, But the jealousy of a women is Kufr and comes from Envy.

This is the saying I have seen used the most by abusers against their wives when I worked in domestic violence services. My dad even used it against my mother when he secretly married again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lola20 said:

There's a term for this type of psychological abuse. It's called gaslighting: 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11-warning-signs-gaslighting

This is the saying I have seen used the most by abusers against their wives when I worked in domestic violence services. My dad even used it against my mother when he secretly married again. 

There is a difference between what you can do and what you should do.

If you want to know what you should do and what is right to do, see how the Imams(as) treated their wives, not your father.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...