Lebanese36

Rennet (I know I know)

Rate this topic

Asalamu Alaikum 

Sayed Ali Khamenei (May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى lengthen his life) says about rennet 
Q: Some cheese is imported from non-Muslim countries and contains cow rennet. Is it ḥalāl?
A: There is no objection to eating it unless it contains ḥarām or najis materials.

So does this mean I can eat chips and other things with rennet just as long as ADITIONAL haram are ingredients are included with the cheese? Like rennet in cheese in itself is okay? 

Please let let me know lol I want to eat chips haha

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى bless you all.

Alaykum asalam,

I'd recommend staying away from chips, too much processed foods.

If you truly love it so much, knowing that it will also harm you (unhealthy), test yourself to avoid it as much as possible. This will, in turn, build sabr (patience) and self control.

Edited by Hussaini624

6 hours ago, Smiles786 said:

Salaam 

please don’t eat the haram chips. You can get halal chips at a middle eastern or halal food store.

or do what I do.. stock up when you go to the Middle East :clap:

Salam is there no restriction for importing foods from other countries I see some documentaries that it is illegal in some countries like USA & Canada & Australia,  which also you can make it at home with your favorite flavors.

17 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam is there no restriction for importing foods from other countries I see some documentaries that it is illegal in some countries like USA & Canada & Australia,  which also you can make it at home with your favorite flavors.

I buy them when I go for ziyarat :)

i bring back a few bags nothing over the limit.

Check the ingredients list on the package to see what is in it. If it says 'animal rennet' on there, it would be haram to eat it unless there is the word 'Halal' or a 'Halal' symbol on the package. If you do not see the words 'animal rennet' or any other haram ingredient, then you can choose to 1) eat it because there is no evidence it is haram or 2) not eat it because you are doubtful. 

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

Check the ingredients list on the package to see what is in it. If it says 'animal rennet' on there, it would be haram to eat it unless there is the word 'Halal' or a 'Halal' symbol on the package. If you do not see the words 'animal rennet' or any other haram ingredient, then you can choose to 1) eat it because there is no evidence it is haram or 2) not eat it because you are doubtful. 

Isn’t it better to refrain? Like refraining from makrouh items?

18 minutes ago, Smiles786 said:

Isn’t it better to refrain? Like refraining from makrouh items?

That was option 2) which I mentioned:

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

If you do not see the words 'animal rennet' or any other haram ingredient, then you can choose to 1) eat it because there is no evidence it is haram or 2) not eat it because you are doubtful. 

9 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

That was option 2) which I mentioned:

Yes I saw that. Just acknowledging that refraining is probably the best option. Wouldn’t want to accidentally consume something haram if the package is mislabeled