Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
myouvial

Shalawat Fatimah a.s.

Rate this topic

I was taught to do dzikr saying Subhanallah 33 x, Alhamdulillah 33 x and Allahu Akbar 33 x and the last 100 is Lailahailallah.

After knowing part of Ahlul Bayt a.s. teaching and some community, i was told about Shalawat Fatimah a.s, who was taught by Rasullullah Nabi Muhammad SAW himself.

The shalawat is nearly the same but the order is different : Allahu Akbar 33 x, Alhamdulillah 33 x, and Subhanallah 33 x.

Is there anyone can explain what is going on/happens ? This questions still retain since the beginning knowing Ahlul Bayt a.s., joined shiachat in 2011.

Salaam brother, 

That is called as tasbih Janabe Zehra (s.a.). It is mustahab (highly recommended) to be recited after every prayers and has high rewards. 

Please go through the link to know more. 

https://www.duas.org/tasbihzehra.htm

1 hour ago, myouvial said:

The shalawat is nearly the same but the order is different : Allahu Akbar 33 x, Alhamdulillah 33 x, and Subhanallah 33 x.

This is new to me. I do Allahu Akbar 34 x, Alhamdulillah 33 x, and Subhanallah 33 x.

Narrated `Ali bin Abi Talib:

Fatima came to the Prophet (ﷺ) asking for a servant. He said, "May I inform you of something better than that? When you go to bed, recite "Subhan Allah' thirty three times, 'Al hamduli l-lah' thirty three times, and 'Allahu Akbar' thirty four times. `Ali added, 'I have never failed to recite it ever since." Somebody asked, "Even on the night of the battle of Siffin?" He said, "Even on the night of the battle of Siffin."

حَدَّثَنَا الْحُمَيْدِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ أَبِي يَزِيدَ، سَمِعَ مُجَاهِدًا، سَمِعْتُ عَبْدَ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنَ أَبِي لَيْلَى، يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ، أَنَّ فَاطِمَةَ ـ عَلَيْهَا السَّلاَمُ ـ أَتَتِ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم تَسْأَلُهُ خَادِمًا فَقَالَ ‏ "‏ أَلاَ أُخْبِرُكِ مَا هُوَ خَيْرٌ لَكِ مِنْهُ، تُسَبِّحِينَ اللَّهَ عِنْدَ مَنَامِكِ ثَلاَثًا وَثَلاَثِينَ، وَتَحْمَدِينَ اللَّهَ ثَلاَثًا وَثَلاَثِينَ، وَتُكَبِّرِينَ اللَّهَ أَرْبَعًا وَثَلاَثِينَ ‏"‏‏.‏ ـ ثُمَّ قَالَ سُفْيَانُ إِحْدَاهُنَّ أَرْبَعٌ وَثَلاَثُونَ ـ فَمَا تَرَكْتُهَا بَعْدُ، قِيلَ وَلاَ لَيْلَةَ صِفِّينَ قَالَ وَلاَ لَيْلَةَ صِفِّينَ‏.‏
Reference  : Sahih al-Bukhari 5362
In-book reference  : Book 69, Hadith 12
USC-MSA web (English) reference  : Vol. 7, Book 64, Hadith 275

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/69/12

Lecture 1 from 15min till appox 35 min 

5 hours ago, myouvial said:

I was taught to do dzikr saying Subhanallah 33 x, Alhamdulillah 33 x and Allahu Akbar 33 x and the last 100 is Lailahailallah.

After knowing part of Ahlul Bayt a.s. teaching and some community, i was told about Shalawat Fatimah a.s, who was taught by Rasullullah Nabi Muhammad SAW himself.

Is there anyone can explain what is going on/happens ? This questions still retain since the beginning knowing Ahlul Bayt a.s., joined shiachat in 2011.

Brother does order matter ? 

4 hours ago, ephemeral said:

It does.

The Prophet (pbuh) upon hearing this, said:

"Shall I teach you something that is better for you than a servant and a world with everything in it? After every prayer say: Allahu Akbar thirty four (34) times, Alhamdulillah thirty three (33) times and Subhan Allah thirty three (33) times then conclude that with la illaha ila Allah. Surely this is better for you than that which you wanted and the world and its belongings.' Thus, Fatima adhered to this glorification after every prayer; and it came to be known as `Tasbih Fatima.' 'Abu Haroun, surely we command our children to adhere to `Tasbih Fatima' the same way we command them to perform prayers. So perform the tasbih, for whoever adheres to it shall never be miserable.'"

Imam as-Sadiq (as) is quoted to have said that these tasbihs every day after every salat are more loved by me than a thousand rak`ats of the salat every day.

Story of Merits of Lady Fatima Zehra (sa)

https://youtu.be/BHPhzGQpwWQ

Fatima is Fatima by Sheikh Vahid Khorasani (a student of Ahlulbayt (as))

P2

On 3/2/2018 at 4:20 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

Salaam brother, 

That is called as tasbih Janabe Zehra (s.a.). It is mustahab (highly recommended) to be recited after every prayers and has high rewards. 

Please go through the link to know more. 

https://www.duas.org/tasbihzehra.htm

Thanks for make short of my way of learning. May Allah SWT give you high good reward.

On 3/2/2018 at 5:34 PM, SIAR14 said:

This is new to me. I do Allahu Akbar 34 x, Alhamdulillah 33 x, and Subhanallah 33 x.

Indeed, it is my weakness that only notice the difference of order, but i overlook about saying Allahu Akbar 34 x.

Do you happen knowing the meaning of the number 34 x or 33 x in each tasbih reciting ?

On 3/2/2018 at 9:48 PM, ephemeral said:

On 3/3/2018 at 1:58 AM, Hassan- said:

It does.

What is the reference of your posting hadist ?

The Prophet (pbuh) upon hearing this, said:

"Shall I teach you something that is better for you than a servant and a world with everything in it? After every prayer say: Allahu Akbar thirty four (34) times, Alhamdulillah thirty three (33) times and Subhan Allah thirty three (33) times then conclude that with la illaha ila Allah. Surely this is better for you than that which you wanted and the world and its belongings.' Thus, Fatima adhered to this glorification after every prayer; and it came to be known as `Tasbih Fatima.' 'Abu Haroun, surely we command our children to adhere to `Tasbih Fatima' the same way we command them to perform prayers. So perform the tasbih, for whoever adheres to it shall never be miserable.'"

On 3/3/2018 at 2:53 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Story of Merits of Lady Fatima Zehra (sa)

https://youtu.be/BHPhzGQpwWQ

Fatima is Fatima by Sheikh Vahid Khorasani (a student of Ahlulbayt (as))

P2

Thanks for make short of my way of learning. May Allah SWT give you high good reward.

"Sheikh Vahid Khorasani " ... i read his book about tauhid the first i learn the teaching in Shia of Ahlul Bayt a.s. I will watch his lecture.