Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Bashar al-Assad - 'Barrel Bombs'

Rate this topic

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you have terrorist groups embedded within a civilian population and using residential houses and residential areas as a base to attack govt forces, govt forces are going to respond within those s

@Intellectual Resistance habibi, I'm speaking from a purely Islamic approach, which is really all I care about, and so should you. Islam is very strict on evidence when you accuse someone, and it tell

Also remember 60 percent of the Syrian Arab Army is Sunni and the top generals are almost all Sunni so this isn't a sectarian war as the media shows.

Posted Images

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

This entire thread has been about just one aspect: using Barrel Bombs, and i have provided evidence, analysis, and what i feel when taken holistically clearly demonstrates Assad to be using these indiscriminate weapons. If you want me to detail all of this war crimes, that will require multiple threads, because each one is an individual area. I have brought evidence for one area - the main one, and reasonable analysis to

So your extensive research and analysis is a description of a barrel bomb and 2 videos (BBC and CH4) of Assad using them?

Do you not see the fallacy of your argument that you are using sources that want to get rid of Assad. It's like Hitler what he thinks of Jews.

Now, Assad committing war crimes has nothing to do with me having condemned so-called 'moderate' rebels. I have done it on this thread, i have done it all over the internet, and i have sworn to Allah. I have also made it clear to you that i am not going to be bringing them here, because i have had Salafis take posts of my threads, paste them and try to twist my words back and forth, and so won't be linking myself. If you can not accept that i have taken the name of Allah that what i am saying is true, then i can't convince you otherwise.

Yes of course, I forgot. biggest victim and such...

You make a point about ISIS taking them over now. That isn't true at all. The reality is actually the opposite: Many of these groups emerged knowingly or unknowingly cooperating what was then the roots of ISIS, before splitting off and even becoming their enemies. Al-Nusra and ISIS are enemies, Ahrar Asham and ISIS are enemies, Jaysh al Islam and ISIS are enemies, and many of these so-called non-ISIS 'moderate' rebel groups have been fighting ISIS, fighting Kurds, and fighting Assad.  

ISIS are a universal enemy, targetted by a US led-coalition, Turkey, Arab states, so-called non-ISIS 'rebels', Assad, and other groups. ISIS were anti-everyone. They were never a serious  player because no-one wanted them, and everyone has targeted them, and so it was never about Assad verses ISIS if we look at this from a geopolitical angle. 

These groups still do exist. Who do you think Assad is fighting in eastern Goutha? Is it ISIS? No brother, among them is Jaysh al-Islam who have historically been on the outskirts of Damascus shelling it from the outside. They have either merged together under a banner, or some factions from certain groups have split to join another, and while they are a heavily spent force compared to what they used to be, there's still a war going on. These groups are the ones backed by western governments and Gulf-state dictatorships. They are the players here.

I guess BBC and CH4 did not tell you that ISIS had the largest stronghold in northern Syria. 

When the group changed its name to Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and expanded into Syria in April 2014, it claimed nine Syrian provinces, covering most of the country and lying largely along existing provincial boundaries: Al Barakah, Al Khayr, Raqqa, Homs, Halab, Idlib, Hamah, Damascus, and Latakia  "

ISIS are a universal enemy, targetted by a US led-coalition, Turkey, Arab states, so-called non-ISIS 'rebels', Assad, and other groups. ISIS were anti-everyone. They were never a serious  player because no-one wanted them, and everyone has targeted them, and so it was never about Assad verses ISIS if we look at this from a geopolitical angle. 

Again, BBC didn't mention this I guess that some Arab states were supporting ISIS. Heck Saudi accused Qatar of supporting terrorists.

These groups still do exist. Who do you think Assad is fighting in eastern Goutha? Is it ISIS? No brother, among them is Jaysh al-Islam who have historically been on the outskirts of Damascus shelling it from the outside. They have either merged together under a banner, or some factions from certain groups have split to join another, and while they are a heavily spent force compared to what they used to be, there's still a war going on. These groups are the ones backed by western governments and Gulf-state dictatorships. They are the players here.

Dude - I literally told you on PG5 that rebels groups are operating Eastern Ghouta. I even asked you to confirm if civilians had requested Assad to free them from the rebels. I am sure you were about to post a topic about the rebels not letting civilians evacuate despite the call for a safe zone.

• Advanced Member

Salamualaykum dear brother, i hope this reaches you in good health, inshAllah.

37 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

So your extensive research and analysis is a description of a barrel bomb and 2 videos (BBC and CH4) of Assad using them?

This particular thread was documenting Assads use of Barrel Bombs. I consider is an indiscriminate weapon and i questioned if more could be done to preserve and protect civilian life. I brought forth video evidence of them being dropped, picture evidence, Assad himself dancing around the question and displaying guilt, as well as referenced the fact there are scores of refugees who have fled Syria and have described the effects of the bombs, all corroborating one another, in addition to independent reports of crater sites carried out all over Syria which match the effect an indiscriminate bomb would have.  I feel i have done enough to prove Assad is using Barrel Bombs, and have subsequently explained exactly why these are not weapons that should be used in densely packed civilian populations, even if they are embedded with terrorists.

I guess BBC and CH4 did not tell you that ISIS had the largest stronghold in northern Syria. 

When the group changed its name to Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and expanded into Syria in April 2014, it claimed nine Syrian provinces, covering most of the country and lying largely along existing provincial boundaries: Al Barakah, Al Khayr, Raqqa, Homs, Halab, Idlib, Hamah, Damascus, and Latakia  "

Again, BBC didn't mention this I guess that some Arab states were supporting ISIS. Heck Saudi accused Qatar of supporting terrorists.

Dear brother, i never denied at one point ISIS had the largest land mass. Even then, most of this land mass was actually in uninhabited locations, but there is not denying out of the opposition to Assad, they were once the largest and most powerful force. 

What i was addressing was your claim that so-called 'rebel' groups have all been merged into ISIS, which is not the case, as well as the fact these rebel groups have all been mopped up pretty much, which again isn't entirely accurate.  Many of these groups initially started as being under the banner or working very closely with ISIS, such as the al-Nusra front , but they broke away from them early on to form their own powerful independent groups. While there was speculation in 2013 that they had come together again, the reality is, this was denied and al-Nusra have fought ISIS, and out of pressure from their donors, have even rebranded and allegedly claimed to cut ties with al-Aqaeda, becoming 'Jabat Fatah al-Sham' - and no-one buys this rebranding. 

ISIS, i will emphasis again, have never been Assads biggest threat. Yes, they were once powerful,  but the fact remains on a geopolitical level , everyone targeted ISIS and continue to. There is no way ISIS would ever be the alternative to Assad, because the entire world, including Assad have been attacking them, and an ISIS in control of Syria is not the geopolitical aim of any country. 

However, the real players who still exist, and while they are weakened and have been losing this war, definitely remain as a force are groups like al-Nusra, Ahrar Asham, Jaysh al Islam and other groups, many of whom often join together under one banner or front in some years, before disbanding, losing factions to the other and the like. These groups are backed by foreign countries and touted as 'moderate rebels' and seen as the alternative to Assad. The real option is between Assad and these groups, and not Assad and ISIS.

As for funding ISIS, the international community is responsible, because they recklessly funded 'rebels' and many of these weapons fell into the hands of ISIS early on in the conflict. However as they realised who ISIS were, and how they are the enemies of everyone and have no long term geopolitical benefit in terms of securing power in Syria, many of them started to back so-called 'moderate' rebels, the groups we are discussing today, and who are and in the past were more so the real players here.

Dude - I literally told you on PG5 that rebels groups are operating Eastern Ghouta. I even asked you to confirm if civilians had requested Assad to free them from the rebels. I am sure you were about to post a topic about the rebels not letting civilians evacuate despite the call for a safe zone.

Then you should know better than to say that rebel groups have joined ISIS, and that they are all almost non-existent, which isn't the case as i have explained before.  Once more, Allah is my witness that i have exposed and will inshAllah return to exposing these groups to Sunnis in particular. However, a Shia audience knows this already, they have insight, and the key aim here is to have a sober discussion of what legitimate concerns there are, once we sift away all the mainstream media lies and propaganda.

Edited by Intellectual Resistance
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Salamualaykum dear brother, i hope this reaches you in good health, inshAllah.

This particular thread was documenting Assads use of Barrel Bombs. I consider is an indiscriminate weapon and i questioned if more could be done to preserve and protect civilian life. I brought forth video evidence of them being dropped, picture evidence, Assad himself dancing around the question and displaying guilt, as well as referenced the fact there are scores of refugees who have fled Syria and have described the effects of the bombs, all corroborating one another, in addition to independent reports of crater sites carried out all over Syria which match the effect an indiscriminate bomb would have.  I feel i have done enough to prove Assad is using Barrel Bombs, and have subsequently explained exactly why these are not weapons that should be used in densely packed civilian populations, even if they are embedded with terrorists.

Dear brother, i never denied at one point ISIS had the largest land mass. Even then, most of this land mass was actually in uninhabited locations, but there is not denying out of the opposition to Assad, they were once the largest and most powerful force. 

What i was addressing was your claim that so-called 'rebel' groups have all been merged into ISIS, which is not the case, as well as the fact these rebel groups have all been mopped up pretty much, which again isn't entirely accurate.  Many of these groups initially started as being under the banner or working very closely with ISIS, such as the al-Nusra front , but they broke away from them early on to form their own powerful independent groups. While there was speculation in 2013 that they had come together again, the reality is, this was denied and al-Nusra have fought ISIS, and out of pressure from their donors, have even rebranded and allegedly claimed to cut ties with al-Aqaeda, becoming 'Jabat Fatah al-Sham' - and no-one buys this rebranding. 

ISIS, i will emphasis again, have never been Assads biggest threat. Yes, they were once powerful,  but the fact remains on a geopolitical level , everyone targeted ISIS and continue to. There is no way ISIS would ever be the alternative to Assad, because the entire world, including Assad have been attacking them, and an ISIS in control of Syria is not the geopolitical aim of any country. 

However, the real players who still exist, and while they are weakened and have been losing this war, definitely remain as a force are groups like al-Nusra, Ahrar Asham, Jaysh al Islam and other groups, many of whom often join together under one banner or front in some years, before disbanding, losing factions to the other and the like. These groups are backed by foreign countries and touted as 'moderate rebels' and seen as the alternative to Assad. The real option is between Assad and these groups, and not Assad and ISIS.

As for funding ISIS, the international community is responsible, because they recklessly funded 'rebels' and many of these weapons fell into the hands of ISIS early on in the conflict. However as they realised who ISIS were, and how they are the enemies of everyone and have no long term geopolitical benefit in terms of securing power in Syria, many of them started to back so-called 'moderate' rebels, the groups we are discussing today, and who are and in the past were more so the real players here.

Then you should know better than to say that rebel groups have joined ISIS, and that they are all almost non-existent, which isn't the case as i have explained before.  Once more, Allah is my witness that i have exposed and will inshAllah return to exposing these groups to Sunnis in particular. However, a Shia audience knows this already, they have insight, and the key aim here is to have a sober discussion of what legitimate concerns there are, once we sift away all the mainstream media lies and propaganda.

Leaving aside the comical $2 video editing in the first video which didn't show any evidence other than something dropping out of the sky from an unmarked copter and some explosions including one video from the copter over almost barren land, the reason I keep saying ISIS is because they were the largest threat to Syria and MOST IMPORTANTLY the videos you posted were from Feb-Mar 2015 when ISIS was at the peak of its power.

If you want to talk about Syria in 2018, then bring videos and evidence  from 2018. Not sure why your conscience woke up 3 years later.

Edited by shiaman14
  • Advanced Member

this is this thread in a nutshell

team a. "Bashar is committing war crimes"

team b. "your evidence is from untrusted sources that are sided with wahhabis and zionist"

team a. "yes, but the warcrimes Bashar commited are unacceptable"

team b. *bashes head against the wall

• Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, kirtc said:

this is this thread in a nutshell

team a. "Bashar is committing war crimes"

team b. "your evidence is from untrusted sources that are sided with wahhabis and zionist"

team a. "yes, but the warcrimes Bashar commited are unacceptable"

team b. *bashes head against the wall

With respect my dear brother, i feel that is a little bit unfair. This is how the actual argument has gone:

Myself: There is no doubt mainstream media has twisted facts, used unreliable sources, as have gulf-state news agencies who themselves are funded by countries who back so-called 'rebel' groups in Syria , such as Qatar in the form of al-Jazeera. Syria is a complex war, with an enormous geopolitical prize as well as cost, and countries the world over and regionally have sought to influence it, which led to an enormous influx of terrorists into Syria, and the arming of radical groups even within Syria. Assad is not the butcher the media paints him, however, we can not go to the other extreme and claim his army are infallible either. I believe, based on video evidence, based on his own interview, based on testimony from scores of people in Syria and refugees leaving it, all independently describing common effects of indiscriminate weapons like barrel bombs, based on impact sites independently investigated from the beginning all over Syria, there is compelling evidence to suggest Assads army are using barrel bombs  - and have done for the most part of this conflict. I view these weapons as cheap, deadly, but even if they are aimed to take out terrorists, they disproportionately harm innocent men, women and children. Surely, as followers of the Ahlulbayt we should speak out and at least ask for investigation into this matter and a review, and make it also clear we aren't blind to morally questionable acts committed on any side because of partisan bias.

In fact, the majority of this thread has now actually transformed into assuming he is using them, and questioning that further. Some argue so what if he uses them? Isn't a normal bomb deadly too? Some others have gone into another direction turning this discussion about if there's any alternative to Assad - we know there isn't for now, and that isn't the topic.

• Advanced Member
42 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Leaving aside the comical $2 video editing in the first video which didn't show any evidence other than something dropping out of the sky from an unmarked copter and some explosions including one video from the copter over almost barren land, the reason I keep saying ISIS is because they were the largest threat to Syria and MOST IMPORTANTLY the videos you posted were from Feb-Mar 2015 when ISIS was at the peak of its power.

If you want to talk about Syria in 2018, then bring videos and evidence  from 2018. Not sure why your conscience woke up 3 years later.

Salamualaykum,

The videos of those bombs dropping over Syria are definitely authenticated and ubiquitous. No-one who is aware of the landscape of Syria will deny that is the case. The other fact is that opposition groups, i.e the terrorists, do not own any sort of air force, no helicopter, nor any plane. The only groups that do are Syria and Russia when it comes to fighting these so-called 'moderate' rebels. The videos have been cross examined and they are certainly from Syria, and to add to that, marked or unmarked, Assad and Russia are the only ones with planes and helicopters. That wasn't the only thing brought and in my last post, i detailed everything i feel makes a compelling case that Assad is using barrel bombs.

Now, no-one denies ISIS were an influential and powerful group. However my contention here is that we make a false dichotomy over either Assad or ISIS. Put aside 2015, i would say even as far back as 2013 or earlier, this was also never the case. ISIS had control over large uninhabited lands, and a great number of forces. However, they soon became the enemy of every single group, and every single group by 2013 was fighting them. They were never going to last. The main players have been these so-called 'moderate' rebels, or non-ISIS groups backed by gulf-state/turkey/the west, who were seen as a valid alternative to Assad and who everyone had hoped would take over (that is, everyone who was misinformed or in the wrong side). 

No-one can talk about Syria in one year, and i have never tried to do that. This has been a complex, and evolving conflict.  Remember, according to your analysis, the so-called rebel groups should be dust or almost gone right now, and it should be between Assad and ISIS, and so even if i was (though i don't know why i would ) just referring to 2018, your arguments ought to still apply now.

I also don't know what has given you the impression is the first time i have raised question to Assad? I have considered him a lesser evil, but have always maintained since 2013 that his army were not guilt free either, and had made major errors  , and that no side in this conflict could claim a clean conscience. 

• Veteran Member

Salamualaykum,

The videos of those bombs dropping over Syria are definitely authenticated and ubiquitous. No-one who is aware of the landscape of Syria will deny that is the case. The other fact is that opposition groups, i.e the terrorists, do not own any sort of air force, no helicopter, nor any plane. The only groups that do are Syria and Russia when it comes to fighting these so-called 'moderate' rebels. The videos have been cross examined and they are certainly from Syria, and to add to that, marked or unmarked, Assad and Russia are the only ones with planes and helicopters. That wasn't the only thing brought and in my last post, i detailed everything i feel makes a compelling case that Assad is using barrel bombs.

So a couple of people are shown in an unmarked helicopter dropping bombs and someone on the outside also captures their video and you are 100% sure it is the Syrian army??? Then somehow UGARIT News obtains the video inside the copter. For those who dont know, UGARIT news are an anti-Assad online news channel. Hardly authenticated nor ubiquitous.

This is laughable if this is what you call analysis and research.

Out of curiosity, what kind of copter was shown in the footage?

Now, no-one denies ISIS were an influential and powerful group. However my contention here is that we make a false dichotomy over either Assad or ISIS. Put aside 2015, i would say even as far back as 2013 or earlier, this was also never the case. ISIS had control over large uninhabited lands, and a great number of forces. However, they soon became the enemy of every single group, and every single group by 2013 was fighting them. They were never going to last. The main players have been these so-called 'moderate' rebels, or non-ISIS groups backed by gulf-state/turkey/the west, who were seen as a valid alternative to Assad and who everyone had hoped would take over (that is, everyone who was misinformed or in the wrong side). 

No-one can talk about Syria in one year, and i have never tried to do that. This has been a complex, and evolving conflict.  Remember, according to your analysis, the so-called rebel groups should be dust or almost gone right now, and it should be between Assad and ISIS, and so even if i was (though i don't know why i would ) just referring to 2018, your arguments ought to still apply now.

I also don't know what has given you the impression is the first time i have raised question to Assad? I have considered him a lesser evil, but have always maintained since 2013 that his army were not guilt free either, and had made major errors  , and that no side in this conflict could claim a clean conscience. 

Hence I use ISIS as a generic term for all rebels since they were the largest opposing force in this entire conflict.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

He did use them. Dozens of human rights' organisations reported this. Denying this is similar to denying that the sun exists in summer. 

I think some people live in a world where they think they have a choice between good and evil. In this case, our choice is evil and more evil so we chose evil.

You do, not 'we'.

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Assad's father turned his weapons on Iraq in 1991. He will never gain the respect of the Iraqis, as he sided with the Americans against Iraq. 

Another "resistance" figure who had deals with Americans and Gulf States when it helped him.

Edited by Sumerian
  • Veteran Member
21 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Assad's father turned his weapons on Iraq in 1991. He will never gain the respect of the Iraqis, as he sided with the Americans against Iraq. 

Another "resistance" figure who had deals with Americans and Gulf States when it helped him.

Were you born, or have relations, with Kufa?

Syria is bad for siding against Saddam....I guess that leaves today's ISIS as true patriotic citizens of that cartoon country for they were the ONLY ones that fought for Saddam.

• Advanced Member
40 minutes ago, Wahdat said:

Were you born, or have relations, with Kufa?

Syria is bad for siding against Saddam....I guess that leaves today's ISIS as true patriotic citizens of that cartoon country for they were the ONLY ones that fought for Saddam.

LOL. 

As if that was the only option. Syria wasn't even "needed" for the coalition to succeed, it was more of a symbolic show in order to gain some financial rewards from the US and the Gulf.

Syria could have stayed neutral in a battle between bad and bad, but it chose to side with one bad over another bad, in order to "liberate" a "cartoon" country (as you put it), which is Kuwait. 

Therefore it joined a foreign nation in attacking a fellow Arab and Muslim nation, and is therefore a traitor government.

When the US bombs Syria, and the Saudis cheer, people say the Saudis are traitors for cheering the bombing of an Islamic country.

It is similar here, where Syria, and Assad, the real cartoons, cheered for the bombing of another Arab country.

Also its funny how you're so pro-borders now, when you shill for a side you lose all your principles.

"I'm against British-drawn borders unless Assad supports them".

Edited by Sumerian
  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Wahdat said:

I am sure that people of Kufa, like yourself, had their very reasonable reasons. And you should be proud of them instead of being in the closet.

When you have nothing to say and your contradictions are exposed :hahaha:I guess you're mad I never shill for teams.

Alhamdulillah, Assad has been exposed as an American bootlicker - all cause Bush and Saudi would give him money. That's all I wanted to prove. And that's why Iraqis will never enter in an alliance with a guy who has our blood on his hands.

Btw, the people of Kufa are the nicest people I know. May Allah bless them. You should have lunch with them instead of attacking them for something Kufans over a thousand years ago did.

IMG_-8l5mea.jpg

Iraq is getting stronger, getting unified. I think others, or the interference of others in the affairs of Iraq, will become less and less. This is a new-built confidence among Iraqis, the Iraqi national feeling, which our aim is to increase people’s attachment to their own country. ~ Haider al-Abadi

Edited by Sumerian
  • Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Sumerian said:

When you have nothing to say and your contradictions are exposed :hahaha:I guess you're mad I never shill for teams.

Alhamdulillah, Assad has been exposed as an American bootlicker - all cause Bush and Saudi would give him money. That's all I wanted to prove. And that's why Iraqis will never enter in an alliance with a guy who has our blood on his hands.

Btw, the people of Kufa are the nicest people I know. May Allah bless them. You should have lunch with them instead of attacking them for something Kufans over a thousand years ago did.

IMG_-8l5mea.jpg

Iraq is getting stronger, getting unified. I think others, or the interference of others in the affairs of Iraq, will become less and less. This is a new-built confidence among Iraqis, the Iraqi national feeling, which our aim is to increase people’s attachment to their own country. ~ Haider al-Abadi

talking about the past wether its true or not is pointless...

its what is going on now that matters

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Sumerian said:

So what should happen now? 

in terms of what?

you say assad is an american bootlicker..

disregarding whether that is true or not.. he is not now...

I was a sunni who used to work for KSA... now im 100% shia pro WF as you know... 

if you qouted me on something i said 5 years ago it is irrelevant. what matters is my stance now.

Edited by abuhaydar
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, abuhaydar said:

in terms of what?

you say assad is an american bootlicker..

disregarding whether that is true or not.. he is not now...

I was a sunni who used to work for KSA... now im 100% shia pro WF as you know... 

if you qouted me on something i said 5 years ago it is irrelevant. what matters is my stance now.

Yes, he isn't now. But I'm asking, what should happen now? 

• Advanced Member
33 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Yes, he isn't now. But I'm asking, what should happen now? 

Imo... Syria should clean its land of all takfiris, make a deal with the kurds and start rebuilding... there is alot of money in reconstruction and even now Saudi puppets in Lebanon are eyeing these oppurtunities... 

but anyone who thinks we will last another 5 years without a major war needs to think again. Americans and Israel will not accept defeat.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, abuhaydar said:

Imo... Syria should clean its land of all takfiris, make a deal with the kurds and start rebuilding... there is alot of money in reconstruction and even now Saudi puppets in Lebanon are eyeing these oppurtunities... 

but anyone who thinks we will last another 5 years without a major war needs to think again. Americans and Israel will not accept defeat.

Okay, say the terrorists have been defeated and Assad reached a solution with rebels and Kurds, and every inch of Syria returned to his control. Should Iran remain in Syria after that?

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Okay, say the terrorists have been defeated and Assad reached a solution with rebels and Kurds, and every inch of Syria returned to his control. Should Iran remain in Syria after that?

its up to the leadership of Syria... if they want the Iranians to stay or not. Iran was in Syria before the war... in the sense of supply routes to hizbullah.. 

actually that was the reason this whole war was cooked.

Jordan is having the same economic problems.. if I were as dirty as the zionists.. I would get a few snipers and start shooting at the crowd.. make sure every tv station puts it on the headlines for the next year. open high paying anti king media and ngos. make every politician in the world denounce how Jordan is a brutal dictatorship and needs democracy... and then send a bunch of crazy mercs to "liberate it"

except Jordan is actually an ally and dog of usa and israel. mossad and cia train in jordan to learn arabic... so this particular country is not in need of democracy.

back to the issue...

Iran is not an expansionist power.. hezbullah liberated Christian villages from Isis in Lebanon... they gave them back and didnt occupy them. Iran is not trying to take over the middle east. It is repelling the zionist aggression.

• Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, abuhaydar said:

its up to the leadership of Syria... if they want the Iranians to stay or not. Iran was in Syria before the war... in the sense of supply routes to hizbullah.. 

actually that was the reason this whole war was cooked.

Jordan is having the same economic problems.. if I were as dirty as the zionists.. I would get a few snipers and start shooting at the crowd.. make sure every tv station puts it on the headlines for the next year. open high paying anti king media and ngos. make every politician in the world denounce how Jordan is a brutal dictatorship and needs democracy... and then send a bunch of crazy mercs to "liberate it"

except Jordan is actually an ally and dog of usa and israel. mossad and cia train in jordan to learn arabic... so this particular country is not in need of democracy.

back to the issue...

Iran is not an expansionist power.. hezbullah liberated Christian villages from Isis in Lebanon... they gave them back and didnt occupy them. Iran is not trying to take over the middle east. It is repelling the zionist aggression.

I think before 2011 the ME was in a better position than now. 

• Veteran Member
On 6/3/2018 at 4:29 PM, Sumerian said:

Ah yes, as saddam was a blessing for Iraq which needed to be kept ?

• Advanced Member
30 minutes ago, iraqi_shia said:

Ah yes, as saddam was a blessing for Iraq which needed to be kept ?

Straw man argument. No one except Hamas ever said Saddam needed to be kept.

The problem is you're acting like there was only two choices, 1) join the US-led coalition or 2) join Saddam.

No there was another choice, which is let the oppressors battle it out, no need to get my hands dirty with blood, just to "liberate" Kuwait.

اللهم اضرب الظالمين بالظالمين

A known concept in life which Hafez Al-Assad the coward failed to stand by.

Edited by Sumerian
  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Sumerian said:

I think before 2011 the ME was in a better position than now. 

yes alot of innocent people died and were displaced, but we are now tens of thousands short of takfiri apes... and syria now has a good defense..

another aspect is hezbullah was always experienced in defending, never in attacking.. now they have 7 years experience of offensive warfare... and weapons...

Edited by abuhaydar