Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 123

Explain

Rate this topic

Guest 123

Hello, I am Muslim, and I have mostly in my life grown up in a Sunni family and gone to Sunni masjids. I have recently become curious about what is Shia, as all my life I have really only heard a few things bout it, only negative. I would like to hear the Shia side of it, and I am intrigued by Shia and would like too see if it is right for me. Could someone please explain it to me and what it is all about. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, Guest 123 said:

Hello, I am Muslim, and I have mostly in my life grown up in a Sunni family and gone to Sunni masjids. I have recently become curious about what is Shia, as all my life I have really only heard a few things bout it, only negative. I would like to hear the Shia side of it, and I am intrigued by Shia and would like too see if it is right for me. Could someone please explain it to me and what it is all about. Thank you!

Salamualaykum!

Thank you so much for taking the time out to ask Shias who we believe, rather than believing in misconceptions and rumours. I hope i can briefly touch on what it is we do believe, and summarise it for you.

Tawheed

Let us start with Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. Tawheed as i am sure you are well aware, is the most important and fundamental pillar. Belief in Allah, the Almighty, and his supreme , divine attributes, and the correct understanding forms the basis and foundation of any faith. While both Sunnis and Shias affirm there is no God save Allah, and none share in his divine attributes, there is a difference as to what the ahadith suggest and beliefs between them. Shias affirm that God existed, and there was nothing - no space, no time, nothing. As the Quran says, he is the first (before any first). He existed before anything. So if we all agree he existed before anything else , then it mean he has no place or direction right ? We can't say Allah has a 'where' because place came into being when Allah began to create space, and things were relative to one another. So Shias firmly state Allah has no 'where' and no 'place' or position. He is not 'everywhere' nor is he 'somewhere' but the question of 'where' does not apply to the one who created 'where'. Allah does not descend to the lowest heaven because movement is an attribute of creation, rather, Allah sends an angel as our traditions state. Furthermore, Allah has no form, no confine, nor does he literally have any parts, and he is above all comprehension. This is why we do not say Allah has two hands, but not like our hands. We affirm them to be metaphorical and state clearly Allah is above all comprehension and will never be comprehended with the eyes. If our minds can not comprehend him, how can the eyes? He is one in his absolute oneness and not divisible.

Quran

The Quran is the final, unchanged word of God, protected from distortion.

Prophet Muhammed (saw) and his Sunnah

Shias affirm that following the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (saw) is mandatory. No-one can come after and change the Sunnah, and whatever was Halal or Harram during the time of the Messenger of Allah (saw)and established to remain so will not change until the day of judgement. He is the greatest of creation and the best of role models and the seal of the Prophets (saw). No new revelation comes after him , no change in the law or the religion. 

The Ahlulbayt of Muhammed (saw)

In an ideal world, we would all be following the true Sunnah of Muhammed (saw). However today we see big differences. Some Sunni brothers pray with their arms folded above the belly, some on the chest, and some even leave their hands by their sides like Shias. If it could not be agreed on where to place the hand in prayer, how really was the true Sunnah preserved? After the death of the Messenger of Allah (saw) Islam began divided, many new innovations grew and today, even in the Sunni world we find major differences between say the Salafis and Asharis  on the most fundamental doctrine of all : Taheeed. We the Shia believe it is paramount to follow the Sunnah, and paramount to obey what the Messenger of Allah (saw) had commanded us about where to obtain the Sunnah form. This tradition is regarded authentic by both Shias and Sunnis:

“The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: “I have left behind over you (al-Thaqalayn) that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: the Book of Allah – one end of which is in the Hand of Allah and the other in your hands– and my Ahl al-Bayt.”[5]  

Chain: Sulayman b. ‘Ubayd Allah al-Ghilani – Abu ‘Amir – Kathir b. Zayd – Muhammad b. ‘Umar b. ‘Ali – his father – ‘Ali,may Allah be pleased with him: 

حدثنا سليمان بن عبيد الله الغيلاني، حدثنا أبو عامر، حدثنا كثير بن زيد، عن محمد بن عمر بن علي، عن أبيه، عن علي رضي الله عنه أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال :إني تركت فيكم ما إن أخذتم به لن تضلوا :كتاب الله، سببه بيد الله، وسببه بأيديكم، وأهل بيتي.

The above tradition is regarded as authentic by Sunnis and it is contained in the book of compilations of Rahwayh , the teacher of Imam Bukhari, as well as others. Shias affirm we must not interpret the words of the Messenger of Allah (saw) in any way when it is so clear what he is trying to say here. Unfortunately , if one interpreted those words as they appear, they would understand the Shia position to be right. If they interpreted them differently to change the meaning, they would perhaps follow another way. 

3 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Salamualaykum!

Tawheed

Quran

Prophet Muhammed (saw) and his Sunnah

The Ahlulbayt of Muhammed (saw)

Assalam.

Thanks for the Reply. can you also please help our brother by explaning Allah's Justice (A'adl) And Qiamat (hereafter) Also please?:-)

Wassalam.

Edited by Haimid

56 minutes ago, Guest 123 said:

Salaam, 

The differences between Muslims all started when Holy Prophet (sawa) passed away from this temporary world. There were few people at the shrouding and burial of Prophet (sawa) while other's gathered at a place called Saqifa to elect a caliph for themselves even though Holy Prophet (sawa) had declared Hazrat Ali (a.s.) his successor and guide upon people after him in his farewell Hajj. Thus, those who started following Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali and Mu'awiyah and so on came to be known as sunni and those that chose to follow divinely appointed caliph and guide (search event of Ghadeer) through Imam Ali (a.s.) and his progeny became famous as Shia. 

That was a brief overview but please feel free for any specific query. 

Edited by Sirius_Bright

3 hours ago, Guest 123 said:

Salam this series of speeches in my opinion are useful for Sunnis even shia muslims

Who are the Shias 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Salaam,

The shia belief system is broken into two - usul-e-deen (beliefs) and furuh-e-deen (practices)

Usul-e-deen are:

Tawheed - belief in the Oneness of Allah

Adl - belief in the justice of Allah

Nubuwah - belief in the Prophet's and specifically in Prophet Muhammad (saw) as the last prophet

Imamah - belief in 12 Imams (successors) of the Prophet.

Qiyamah - belief in the final Day of Judgement

Furuh-e-deen are:

Salah - Daily prayers

Sawn - fasting

Hajj - pilgrimmage

Zakat - Alms

Khums - giving in the name of the AhlulBayt

Jihad - striving in the way of Allah

Amr bin Ma'aroof - encouraging good

Nahiyan al Munkir - discouraging the bad

Tawalla - closeness to the Prophet and his family

Tabarra - distancing oneself from the enemies of the Prophet and his progeny.

-----

Each one of the topic is a topic on its own.

5 hours ago, Guest 123 said:

Salaam Alaykum

Welcome to this website and bravo to your bravery and curiosity.

I am a Shia Muslim and I've been Shia since my birth. If I find one reason that Shiite is not true, definitely I would leave it.

The difference between Shiite and Sunnism is the Khalifah after prophet. Sunni scholars claim that prophet didn't choose Khalifah, but Shia scholars say vice versa. This is the reason why Sunni Muslims follow Abubakr and Omar because people decided to go with them after prophet passed away. Again this is the reason Shia Muslims believe that Abubakr and Omar took Khilafat by force and it was Ali's right to govern.

The reality is that prophet did choose his successor. He chose Amiralmuminin Ali Ibn Abi Taleb, his cousin, for Khilafat and ordered people to follow Ahlulbait. This is documented numerous times in Sunni books like Sahih Muslim and other books with Sahih narration. I give you one example here which is written in Sahih Muslim. I found it myself and I took screen-shot. You can take a look at the picture attached. It says that prophet ordered people to follow Quran and Ahlulbait. Prophet mentioned Ahlulbait three times. You can see that in the picture. This Hadeeth is called Thaghalayn Hadeeth.

Another Hadeeth which is called Ghadir Hadeeth and is documented in Sunni books proves Velayat of Ali Ibn Abi Taleb. In this Hadeeth prophet chose Ali Ibn Abi Taleb as his successor for Khilafat. I translated bellow video myself. It is solely based on Sunni books and Hadeeth is proved to be correct according to Sunni scholars.

I also translated bellow video about Thaghalayn Hadeeth. It is also based on Sunni books.

Brother I hope they work. If you have any other question, don't hesitate. I would be happy to be helpful.

Thaghalayn Hadeeth.png

11 hours ago, Guest 123 said:

the primal different between Shia and Sunni is about Imamah and Khilafa  

Shia believe in Imam(Khalifa) is Allah's chose not people's chose 

but sunny believe in Khalifa is  people's chose with Ijma (people's wish )

in Shia belief, Imam is not a prophet but he was chosen by Allah

1 hour ago, Sayed Hossein said:

the primal different between Shia and Sunni is about Imamah and Khilafa  

Shia believe in Imam(Khalifa) is Allah's chose not people's chose 

but sunny believe in Khalifa is  people's chose with Ijma (people's wish )

in Shia belief, Imam is not a prophet but he was chosen by Allah

Assalam.

This is exactly what i wanted to hear/see. mashallah finally said the word.

that's it, that's the reason and cause of many Wars and rivers of bloods. and as you can see how smart US is using it to make corruption and Fitna in our Ummah.

Wassalam.

7 minutes ago, Haimid said:

Assalam.

This is exactly what i wanted to hear/see. mashallah finally said the word.

that's it, that's the reason and cause of many Wars and rivers of bloods. and as you can see how smart US is using it to make corruption and Fitna in our Ummah.

Wassalam.

Assalam

in fact this ideological is not the reason for wars and rivers of bloods.

there so many big deferent ideological thinking in Sunny secs and also in other religions 

the problem is for our ignorance and lack Knowledge of Islamic teachings, it's related to our extreme behavior and impatient and intolerance manner

yes, we can have deferent ideas and face, but also we can tolerance to each other 

28 minutes ago, Sayed Hossein said:

Assalam

in fact this ideological is not the reason for wars and rivers of bloods.

there so many big deferent ideological thinking in Sunny secs and also in other religions 

the problem is for our ignorance and lack Knowledge of Islamic teachings, it's related to our extreme behavior and impatient and intolerance manner

yes, we can have deferent ideas and face, but also we can tolerance to each other 

Assalam.

if you trace the reasons, you will see all of them comes to a single reason: that's Wilayat. this is exactly what Quran tells us, The Prophet s.a.w.w. and imams tells us and this is what our great scholars tells us.

Wassalam.

Edited by Haimid

https://www.al-islam.org/then-i-was-guided-muhammad-al-tijani-al-samawi

An autobiographical account of Sayed Tijani's search for knowledge, which aims to remove some of the barriers that exist between the schools of thought of the ahl-as-Sunnah and the shi'a by clearing misconceptions about Shi'ism.