Rate this topic

I have a friend who is kind of interested in Islam and mainly the differences between Shias and Sunnis. She keeps asking me question so it’s actually she and not me and I tell her about Jesus and Mary in Islam she gets even more interested before I do anything crazy as making her convert to Islam or something I want her to be sure about what she’s researching. Do u have any Shia hadiths or saying in the Quran that might interest a Christian as her or someone that is looking for answers? Need your help guys, I know nothing about hadiths and very little about the Quran. 

1 hour ago, Walidgaleb said:

I have a friend who is kind of interested in Islam and mainly the differences between Shias and Sunnis. She keeps asking me question so it’s actually she and not me and I tell her about Jesus and Mary in Islam she gets even more interested before I do anything crazy as making her convert to Islam or something I want her to be sure about what she’s researching. Do u have any Shia hadiths or saying in the Quran that might interest a Christian as her or someone that is looking for answers? Need your help guys, I know nothing about hadiths and very little about the Quran. 

Surah e Mariam brother is about Bibi Mariam(a.s) (Mary) and discusses Hazrat Issa(a.s) as well (Jesus).

Read it and tell it to your friend or tell him/her to read it by their own self.

Salaam,

https://www.al-islam.org/inquiries-about-islam-shaykh-muhammad-jawad-chirri/where-islam-and-christianity-agree-and-differ

An old book, but a good read, especially nice since its in conversation form, organized and in letters.

Will update with more possibly at a more appropriate time.
Always remember that Allah s.w.t is the Guide, al-Hadi, and so pray for your friend from the bottom of your heart , inshAllah may she be guided to the Truth by the rights of Muhammad and his holy Progeny, peace be upon them all.

And All praise belongs to God, the All-Seeing, the All-Knowing, Lord of the heavens and the earth.

On 2/16/2018 at 3:46 PM, Walidgaleb said:

Salam!

Tell her that you will only enter into a good, full-on committed discussion with her if she's serious about this. That you're willing to spend time with her and tell her about the beliefs of Islam and the reasons behind them if she promises to listen carefully and not disclose it like an idiot in public. If she agrees (which i believe she does, in this case), then tell her about our beliefs and explain them in the best, most righteous way. Tell her about this website: al-islam.org to go to for any sort of reading and info regarding Shi'a beliefs and show her the YouTube video 'Jesus in Islam' on Ahlulbayt: Documentaries on YouTube. If you want more of my advice, just feel free to reply. I hope this all helps! Allah Hafiz, Fee-Amaan-Allah, and best of luck!

1 hour ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Are you sure this is the right thing to do? Wouldn't it be wiser to not ask her to promise this?  

No compulsion in religion (Sayed Ammar Nakhshawani)

Am

5 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Are you sure this is the right thing to do? Wouldn't it be wiser to not ask her to promise this?  

Salam. You’re not getting it. The thing is, nowadays, Non-Shias are really trustworthy. Now what they do is, they won’t say things to your face, they’ll remain silent, but then what they say when you’re not around is different. I’m kinda havin’ a hard time explaining this. I hope you just understand. Ps. I’m not discriminating, i love my human brothers, but we need to be careful since this is Islam on the line.

For e.g., you tell her something about our beliefs not in the best of ways and she misinterprets it and then goes on telling it all and consequently making Shia Muslims get a bad and wrong image. See.

Have a great day! In Shaa’Allah! Allah Hafiz and Fee-Amaan-Allah.

21 hours ago, AliJazib said:

Salam. You’re not getting it. The thing is, nowadays, Non-Shias are really trustworthy. Now what they do is, they won’t say things to your face, they’ll remain silent, but then what they say when you’re not around is different. I’m kinda havin’ a hard time explaining this. I hope you just understand. Ps. I’m not discriminating, i love my human brothers, but we need to be careful since this is Islam on the line.

For e.g., you tell her something about our beliefs not in the best of ways and she misinterprets it and then goes on telling it all and consequently making Shia Muslims get a bad and wrong image. See.

Have a great day! In Shaa’Allah! Allah Hafiz and Fee-Amaan-Allah.

Wa alaikum el selaam.

In my opinion you shouldn't ask them that what you said. You could adress the issue in another way, yes. " I need you to promise not to disclose it like an idiot in public" no that is not the way. 

In this regard I think we should think really well who we are dealing with and what is the appropriate thing to talk or share knowledge about. And if it is a fool who is not worth the effort and time, then just don't. 
So yes I recognize the importance but the solution should be in the right manner. :)

Guest greek muslimah

I really dont think you should start talking about shia beliefs. You need to talk about the christian beliefs the way we understand and acknowledge them and our commonalities. Shia islam is the source of knowledge for the world even for their own religion. 

Esa as. was a perfect human being and is called the soul of Allah swt RuhAllah. Islam does not want to bring down the status of Esa as. but to lift the status of Allah swt to teach us tawhid. Of course the purpose of religion is to bring us closer to Allah swt and we believe that the people sent in Islam are those perfect role models and guides for us. 

Imam Ali as. said: 

All praise is due to Allah, the One and Only God Who is sought by all, the Unique One Who is neither created out of anything pre-existing, nor has He created anything out of something. Through His Might does He manifest Himself, and it is through His Might that anything manifests itself. None of His attributes can be fully comprehended, nor does He have any measure whereby He is compared. etc found on this page: https://www.al-islam.org/Allah-the-concept-of-god-in-islam-a-selection-yasin-al-jibouri/unity-Allah-tawhid 

This coincides with the first commandment : The Ten Commandments http://biblehub.com/exodus/20-4.htm
:..."You shall have no other gods before Me. "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 

(Meaning God bears no likeness with anything in the heaven, on the Earth or under the earth.)

You can also tell her that Esa as. always called himself Son of Man, the title Son of God does not exist in the three books of Matthew, Mark, Luke but it was only introduced in the book of John. Nevertheless the title Son of God had been used many times before to denote spiritual pious personalities https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_God. We take it as a title and not literally, we do not give Esa as. equal status to God. 

You should know that you would have to do some research to find the answers for this person but also be aware that you cannot convert anyone. Everyone convinces themselves by the grace, mercy, forgiveness from Allah swt and it is a long journey, a lifetime journey perhaps. So answer questions and be patient. 

Just now, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

Wa alaikum el selaam.

In my opinion you shouldn't ask them that what you said. You could adress the issue in another way, yes. " I need you to promise not to disclose it like an idiot in public" no that is not the way. 

In this regard I think we should think really well who we are dealing with and what is the appropriate thing to talk or share knowledge about. And if it is a fool who is not worth the effort and time, then just don't. 
So yes I recognize the importance but the solution should be in the right manner. :)

Salam. Yes, i never said you need to ask her to literally say that i won't disclose it in public like an idiot. Of course not. Lol. You probably mistook my advice. But yes, you get the point, which is my point exactly. Great, Masha'Allah. Now, me and you have the same points, the only difference is you kinda misinterpreted one of my statements.

6 hours ago, AliJazib said:

Salam. Yes, i never said you need to ask her to literally say that i won't disclose it in public like an idiot. Of course not. Lol. You probably mistook my advice. But yes, you get the point, which is my point exactly. Great, Masha'Allah. Now, me and you have the same points, the only difference is you kinda misinterpreted one of my statements.

Well I try to never assume and I tried to understand you as you said it. But I am glad we agree with each other

On 2/17/2018 at 12:16 AM, Walidgaleb said:

https://www.al-islam.org/jesus-though-shiite-narrations-mahdi-muntazir-qaim

https://www.al-islam.org/person/jesus-christ

http://www.fourshiabooks.com/results/jesus

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 3/8/2018 at 12:50 PM, AliJazib said:

Salam!

Tell her that you will only enter into a good, full-on committed discussion with her if she's serious about this. That you're willing to spend time with her and tell her about the beliefs of Islam and the reasons behind them if she promises to listen carefully and not disclose it like an idiot in public. If she agrees (which i believe she does, in this case), then tell her about our beliefs and explain them in the best, most righteous way. Tell her about this website: al-islam.org to go to for any sort of reading and info regarding Shi'a beliefs and show her the YouTube video 'Jesus in Islam' on Ahlulbayt: Documentaries on YouTube. If you want more of my advice, just feel free to reply. I hope this all helps! Allah Hafiz, Fee-Amaan-Allah, and best of luck!

Most non-Muslims that show an inkling of interest in Islam would never be that disrespectful.  I am hurt by the implications of the boldened words, as a revert and somebody who is "Western", it makes feel me that we are seen as untrustworthy and a "joke" to born Muslims. It is hard enough we have struggled to find Al-Haqq and then we read/hear words like this...

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

On 3/13/2018 at 12:11 AM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Most non-Muslims that show an inkling of interest in Islam would never be that disrespectful.  I am hurt by the implications of the boldened words, as a revert and somebody who is "Western", it makes feel me that we are seen as untrustworthy and a "joke" to born Muslims. It is hard enough we have struggled to find Al-Haqq and then we read/hear words like this...

No. I don’t mean you guys. We love and respect you guys! Everybody are siblings! I’m just talking about sensible/trustworthy people and the opposite on a whole. Please don’t take it that way.

2 hours ago, AliJazib said:

No. I don’t mean you guys. We love and respect you guys! Everybody are siblings! I’m just talking about sensible/trustworthy people and the opposite on a whole. Please don’t take it that way.

As if I would accept that excuse...  If you respected and loved us ,  why did you  write the part I emboldened?  You don't trust us and think  we are stupid. That's not love or respect, and if you are so worried  about non-Muslim people disclosing information like an "idiot", then don't bother with telling them about Islam. Because whether you like or not, it will be discussed with friends and family. I don't know if you think that you tell people  about Islam, that they will make up  stories and vilify our deen but if you do, you need to get out more and  not blindly listen to whomever gave you that terrible idea. 

Some posts in this topic were not approved. The OP wants help convincing his Christian friend that Islam is correct. He does not want information about how Shia or Sunni are compared.