Rate this topic

What? a woman can ask for divorce just go to courts. Maybe different because i am in Canada, however i had a difficult nikah contract and i went to civil court and divorced. it wasn't easy but it was done. I suggest if your country won't allow you to do so, make headache for him until he gives tallaq, sorry guys but men can be very simple when it comes to touching their nerves and if u push him hard enough he will say it.

54 minutes ago, shouzan said:

What? a woman can ask for divorce just go to courts. Maybe different because i am in Canada, however i had a difficult nikah contract and i went to civil court and divorced. it wasn't easy but it was done. I suggest if your country won't allow you to do so, make headache for him until he gives tallaq, sorry guys but men can be very simple when it comes to touching their nerves and if u push him hard enough he will say it.

Very inhumane

I never do that to my wife even if she is a monster. If I want to live, I live. If not after countless effort and talking, respectfully divirce her. Respecting her integrity is minimum thing I can do.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

1 hour ago, shouzan said:

Thank you for the input.. but even if getting on his nerve, he is adamant about not divorcing his first wife and he forcefully wants her to stay with him whether she like it or not .. he says a wife can not get Islamic divorce based on the grounds that her husband wants a second wife.. is it true?

19 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Very inhumane

I never do that to my wife even if she is a monster. If I want to live, I live. If not after countless effort and talking, respectfully divirce her. Respecting her integrity is minimum thing I can do.

Have you ever married before?

53 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Have you ever married before?

Trying to make a headache for your spouse is inhumane. I don't think you support it.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

8 minutes ago, Rayhana80 said:

Thank you for the input.. but even if getting on his nerve, he is adamant about not divorcing his first wife and he forcefully wants her to stay with him whether she like it or not .. he says a wife can not get Islamic divorce based on the grounds that her husband wants a second wife.. is it true?

A woman can ask for a divorce that is certain i am not sure what the requirements are for one however i am sorry.

3 hours ago, Rayhana80 said:

Can a wife ask for divorce if her husband wants a second wife even if he agrees on supporting her financially? 

No. This isn't valid grounds for an Islamic divorce. 

A wife can ask for divorce if she develops an aversion towards her husband to the extent that she cannot stand intimacy but husband's second marriage is not a valid ground for Islamic divorce unless she stipulated so at the time of nikkah.

9 hours ago, Rayhana80 said:

Can a wife ask for divorce if her husband wants a second wife even if he agrees on supporting her financially? 

She can ask, but he doesn't have to agree. Muslim divorce and child custody laws are very troubling, actually. Only the man has the authority to divorce, and he can divorce without any reason. 

6 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Can't she get khula (annulment) without his permission?

Clearly you haven't read all the shiachat posts written by women stuck with a cruel man who won't divorce them.  If he has totally abandoned her for a long time - and by abandoned I mean no contact or financial support - she can petition a scholar to divorce her on his behalf. But no scholar will do that. 

For all practical purposes, a Muslim woman has no "right" to divorce under any circumstances. 

9 hours ago, Rayhana80 said:

A decent husband would ask his wife for permission to marry a second wife, and a decent nation would not allow this marriage without her accept. 

6 hours ago, starlight said:

unless she stipulated so at the time of nikkah.

Even if she stipulated it in the contract, she would still need his permission to get the divorce.

Edited by Hassan-

34 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

Even if she stipulated it in the contract, she would still need his permission to get the divorce.

Yes, she would but at least that would be valid grounds according to sharia.

1 hour ago, Hassan- said:

What do you mean by that? I had stipulated it in my contract and a scholar announced divorce because of that. Why cannot she get divorce if she has the right to divorce? Of course a woman is asking for divorce because she has aversion for her husband. Does she need to provide some proof that she has developed aversion for her husband? You people are making it sound like it is impossible unless husband wants to. Please tell me that my religion is not so cruel to women. Why do scholars have these rules on their websites if these rules don't mean anything and they can be changed for anyone. What's the point of giving right to divorce to wife if she still needs that psycho husband's permission? 

Edited by rkazmi33

@rkazmi33 I think what he means is that husband has to consent to free the wife. If he is being unreasonable then things can be taken to a marjas's representative who has the authority to pronounce divorce without the husband's involvement or consent.

1 minute ago, rkazmi33 said:

What do you mean by that? I had stipulated it in my contract and a scholar announced divorce because of that. Why cannot she get divorce if she has the right to divorce? Of course a woman is asking for divorce because she has aversion for her husband. Does she need to provide some proof that she has developed aversion for her husband? You people are making it sound like it is impossible unless husband wants to. Please tell me that my religion is not so cruel to women. 

It means if a husband violates the marriage contract, it would not be a valid reason in shari'a for the women to divorce him without his permission.

If the women has in her marriage contract that her husband is not allowed to marry another wife, but the husband violated this condition and went on to marry another women, the husband would be sinning and be punished by Allah. However, even if he sinned, his second marriage would still be valid and his first wife does not get the power to divorce him without his permission.

9 minutes ago, starlight said:

@rkazmi33 I think what he means is that husband has to consent to free the wife. If he is being unreasonable then things can be taken to a marjas's representative who has the authority to pronounce divorce without the husband's involvement or consent.

Great! First it was any scholar who could pronounce divorce. Now it has to be a marja's representative.

Dear OP! I have some good news for you. If you live in a western country, you can get a civil divorce and also a restraining order against that psycho. 

Edited by rkazmi33

1 hour ago, notme said:

Clearly you haven't read all the shiachat posts written by women stuck with a cruel man who won't divorce them.  If he has totally abandoned her for a long time - and by abandoned I mean no contact or financial support - she can petition a scholar to divorce her on his behalf. But no scholar will do that. 

For all practical purposes, a Muslim woman has no "right" to divorce under any circumstances. 

they get stuck because of our own lack of knowledge. At least the Nikah contract in Pakistan has a section that allows the woman to ask for khula but it gets crossed out by the maulanas and no one asks for it not to be crossed out.

So in theory, she has the right for khula but culturally it is not being handled right.

2 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

First it was any scholar who could pronounce divorce. Now it has to be a marja's representative.

As far as I know, maybe other molanas can do it too. I am not sure of that.

3 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

At least the Nikah contract in Pakistan has a section that allows the woman to ask for khula but it gets crossed out by the maulanas a

That clause holds no value when it comes to a Shia divorce.