Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Prophet Isa’s (pbuh) & the return of Imam Mahdi

Rate this topic

mohsen22

• Basic Members

What will Prophet Isa’s (pbuh) role be during the return of Imam Mahdi (aj)?

According to hadiths, after the return of Imam Mahdi (aj), Prophet Isa (pbuh) will descend onto the earth by the will of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, and will pray behind the imam (aj) as one of his companions in everyone’s presence.[1] The prophet of Islam (pbuh) has been narrated saying: “By the one who sent me as the true giver of glad tidings, if even only one day remains for the life of this world, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى will make that day so long so that my son, [Imam] Mahdi will emerge; Isa, “the spirit of God” will reveal and pray behind him, the world then will shine with the light of its Lord, and the government of [Imam] Mahdi will stretch from the East to the West.”[2]

Since many are followers of Prophet Isa (pbuh) and believe him to be the savior and peacemaker of the world, when they witness such a scene, they will become followers of Imam Mahdi (aj) and believe in him. This matter can be considered one of the things that will factor into his victory and universal rise.

• Veteran Member

It is reported that Abu ‘Abd Allah (‘a) said, “Jesus the son of Mary is the Spirit of Allah and His Word. He was thirty-three years old in the world. Then Allah raised him to heaven. He will descend to the earth and it is he who will kill the Antichrist (Dajjal.)”

It is reported that Jesus will say to al-Mahdi, “I was raised as a minister not as a commander.”8

. Hudhayfah reported that the Prophet (S) said, “Al-Mahdi will turn his face to Jesus when he descends as if water were dropping from his hair, and will say to him, ‘Go ahead and say the prayer.’ Jesus will say, ‘The prayer has been set up only for you.’ So, Jesus will pray behind a man who is among my sons.”9

It is reported that Ka‘b said, “Jesus will descend from heaven. Then the Jews and Christians will come to him and say, ‘We are your people.’ He will say, ‘You lie. The emigrants, the rest of the people of battles, are my people.’

Then Jesus will come to the place that the Muslims are gathered and find their Caliph is praying with them, who will say to him, ‘O Christ! Pray in front of us.’ He will say, ‘But you pray with your people. I have been raised as a minister, not as a commander.’11

https://www.al-islam.org/jesus-though-shiite-narrations-mahdi-muntazir-qaim/his-second-coming

• Forum Administrators
9 hours ago, mohsen22 said:

What will Prophet Isa’s (pbuh) role be during the return of Imam Mahdi (aj)?

According to hadiths, after the return of Imam Mahdi (aj), Prophet Isa (pbuh) will descend onto the earth by the will of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, and will pray behind the imam (aj) as one of his companions in everyone’s presence.[1] The prophet of Islam (pbuh) has been narrated saying: “By the one who sent me as the true giver of glad tidings, if even only one day remains for the life of this world, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى will make that day so long so that my son, [Imam] Mahdi will emerge; Isa, “the spirit of God” will reveal and pray behind him, the world then will shine with the light of its Lord, and the government of [Imam] Mahdi will stretch from the East to the West.”[2]

Since many are followers of Prophet Isa (pbuh) and believe him to be the savior and peacemaker of the world, when they witness such a scene, they will become followers of Imam Mahdi (aj) and believe in him. This matter can be considered one of the things that will factor into his victory and universal rise.

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa6153#