Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hamodiii

Women, does looks matter to you?

Rate this topic

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

The Holy Prophet (SAWW) has said "Men choose women for four reasons: for their money, for their rank, for their beauty, and for their religion, but marry one who is religious and you will succeed”   I am pretty sure the vice versa is true.  

39 minutes ago, MJ786110 said:

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

The Holy Prophet (SAWW) has said "Men choose women for four reasons: for their money, for their rank, for their beauty, and for their religion, but marry one who is religious and you will succeed”   I am pretty sure the vice versa is true.  

Quite right, and true. Her character is more important than her looks, no doubt. But I can't lie, I like beauty still.

On 2/3/2018 at 12:51 AM, Intellectual Resistance said:

"The consequences of no physical attraction"

Stephen J Betchen D.S.W.

"It is true that many people manage to stay together with virtually little to no physical attraction. Severe health issues not-withstanding, some of these people are engaged in child-centered marriages or they’ve found a way to sublimate their sexual desire via work, sports, or even substance dependence. Others consciously submit to living with a big hole in their lives. But for many, sooner or later the void craves filling and trouble ensues. It’s only human. "

Full article: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/magnetic-partners/201608/the-consequences-no-physical-attraction

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh. Very interesting .....

On 05/04/2018 at 8:14 AM, Aflower said:

a sharp sense of humour, a cheerful/positive disposition, and being organised goes a long way. 

You've raised a very good point. Not only having a good sense of humor is important, but also the willingness to have a laugh and not taking things so personally.

I've met certain people who I try to joke around with, but they give me this serious look, I'm like "can you please laugh to not make me feel awkward".

Salam,

I asked my sibling about what she thinks girls in this generation like about men, she responded: " Now men don't have reasonable personalities, so girls look for akhlaq and by akhlaq they mean ££££" I couldn't help but laugh because it's partially true. She added; "looks do not mean much because as you age they disapear, it's rare to find a great personality but everywhere you look there's beautiful people."

Edited by حسين

4 hours ago, Amira00 said:

I think alot of people on this thread have put alot of emphasis on wealth. If the guy isn't that rich, I dont think it would sway a girl if he had all the attributes she wanted/found attractive. In my opinion, at the end of the day, women want a guy who will make her feel happy, and treat her a his equal and not belittle her or treat her as simply a child-bearing machine. Especially for Muslim women in the west, it is most important for a guy to accept her independence and allow her to be. In my opinion, it is very unattractive if a  guy (no matter how rich or good-looking) bosses his wife around, dictating what she does from the way she smiles to the way she dresses and speaks, when he himself is not the best Muslim, nor is trying to be. 

Assalamun Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh. 

Treating your husband/wife with respect is a form of worship / permanent righteous deed...

“Wealth and children are the adornments of the life of this world.  But the permanent righteous deeds are better in your Lord’s Sight (to attain) rewards, and better in respect of hope.” (Quran 18:46)

Looks do matter...but a guy doesn't have to have a beautiful face to be attractive.Most of the girls i know would describe a smart (not fat) man handsome.no matter how he looks face wise.obviously guys need to take care of themselves as it is expected of women. A man with a good personality, intelligence, someone who respects women and someone with whom you can have good conversation would describe a man mature girls would be happy to get married to.

Stupid girls see only wealth in guys...and i agree that there are such girls in our world/society.

But with time everyone realizes that money is not everything.it can not buy you happiness.it can buy material stuff...but they make your life shallow and empty.