Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Assalamualaikum, before moving to Japan life was much easier. Sports, sports club, changing clothes, physical education had become so hard for me that I started to hate my religion because my parents or let's say my mother did not allowed me to get rid of my hijab , she told me either school or hijab and I chose school  because school is mandatory until 9th grade but I told her that I will leave school if u don't allowed me. I swear life over here is hard. My question is that do I go to school until 9th grade and wear hijab 「 I am in 9th and next year around February, I will graduate」 or don't wear hijab and go to school?

47 minutes ago, zara.feda said:

Assalamualaikum, before moving to Japan life was much easier. Sports, sports club, changing clothes, physical education had become so hard for me that I started to hate my religion because my parents or let's say my mother did not allowed me to get rid of my hijab , she told me either school or hijab and I chose school  because school is mandatory until 9th grade but I told her that I will leave school if u don't allowed me. I swear life over here is hard. My question is that do I go to school until 9th grade and wear hijab 「 I am in 9th and next year around February, I will graduate」 or don't wear hijab and go to school?

Your religion is a blessing from Allah, so keep strong, sister.

Thank you.

Definitely keep the hijab on and go to school.

I don't agree with hijab being forced on any woman.

That being said, I'm sure your mum is just trying to do the best she can at raising you. And her intention behind asking you to wear it is to guide you because she loves you. I'm sure she is not intentionally trying to make you feel bad.

I know a year can feel like a long time but it will fly by and who knows... you may even end up loving your hijab after that time.

Either way education is a must. If you want your freedom in the future or any prospect of a good life for yourself you MUST take your education seriously. If not it's highly likely you'll remain dependant on others in the future anyway.

And with regards to the religion I think it is highly beneficial to look into its yourself. The better you understand the religion and your rights and responsibilities the better prepared you'll be to talk to your mum and others about these sorts of issues. Just please remember to always have respect for your Mum when you debate these things with her. I know that Mothers are human and they may approach things the wrong way sometimes but I promise she loves you and I'm sure she is just trying to do her best by you.