Alien Hunter

Daily Prayers in language other than Arabic

Rate this topic

Salam,

Majority of Muslims across the world don't know Arabic. They read Quran like parrot without understanding for attaining virtue. But I can't understand what is the point in reading a book without knowing what does it want to say. They pray daily prayers and recite supplications in Arabic and in most of the cases the laymen Muslims have no clue what they are reciting and why. Why this? Why a man not knowing Arabic has to perform prayer and recite supplication in Arabic. Does not Allah understand every language? Does not Allah says in the Quran that existence of different languages among human being is one of His signs. I think all supplications in prayer should be in mother tongue or in a language one understands. Why Ulama force non-Arabs to memorize Arabic supplication while he does not know what he supplicates for?

If he can learn the words in Arabic, he can learn what they mean. The prayers are the same everywhere in the world because Muslims are one people everywhere in the world. 

Besides, translation loses some shade of meaning. Best to pray the way it was revealed. 

3 hours ago, Alien Hunter said:

Salam,

Majority of Muslims across the world don't know Arabic. They read Quran like parrot without understanding for attaining virtue. But I can't understand what is the point in reading a book without knowing what does it want to say. They pray daily prayers and recite supplications in Arabic and in most of the cases the laymen Muslims have no clue what they are reciting and why. Why this? Why a man not knowing Arabic has to perform prayer and recite supplication in Arabic. Does not Allah understand every language? Does not Allah says in the Quran that existence of different languages among human being is one of His signs. I think all supplications in prayer should be in mother tongue or in a language one understands. Why Ulama force non-Arabs to memorize Arabic supplication while he does not know what he supplicates for?

So learn arabic then. Why should Islam change for you? Why can't you change for Islam?

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

So learn arabic then. Why should Islam change for you? Why can't you change for Islam?

Learning Arabic is good. If one can understand Arabic it is very good. Of course Islam will not change for anybody, let alone for me. But when a person don't understand Arabic he is taught to recite like parrot in Arabic. Here is my objection. Is there any prohibition from Ahlul Bait from reciting supplication in other than Arabic?

There is a huge difference between understanding Arabic and knowing the meaning of the words used in the salah. I don't speak, read, or understand Arabic, but I know what I'm saying when I pray, and can even recognize the text in Arabic of the surahs that I most often recite. 

I encourage you to find the meaning of the recitation in prayer. It's not too hard, inshaAllah.

1 hour ago, Alien Hunter said:

Learning Arabic is good. If one can understand Arabic it is very good. Of course Islam will not change for anybody, let alone for me. But when a person don't understand Arabic he is taught to recite like parrot in Arabic. Here is my objection. Is there any prohibition from Ahlul Bait from reciting supplication in other than Arabic?

supplication can be in any language.

Salah has to be in arabic.

There are only about 7-10 phrases we need to learn and understand for salah. What's the big deal.

2 hours ago, Alien Hunter said:

I know learning Arabic at first may be looks weird for people that their language doesn’t have joint point with that but when you start to learning it you will understand the religious text are very different from nowadays Arabic in Farsi we can read t more easily but most of people can’t understand Arabic & meaning of Quran & Duas without Farsi translation if you learn basic reading of Arabic words & some rules of reading Holy Quran , it will be become easier for you to understand it’s sweetnes & you will more enjoy from reading of Quran & Duas.