Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sunni Habashi sect

Rate this topic

Sisterfatima1

• Advanced Member

Salam they are a branch of sunni sufism with Mu'tazila doctrine

Another famous example regards the interpretations of the Qur'anic sentence describing God seated on his throne after creating the world. According to Wahhabi texts, this means that he literally sat on his throne; however, according to Shaykh Habashi, copying the Mu'tazila school of thought, it meant that he took control of the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ahbash?wprov=sfla1

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Mu'tazila

4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam they are a branch of sunni sufism with Mu'tazila doctrine

the interpretations of the Qur'anic sentence describing God seated on his throne after creating the world. According to Wahhabi texts, this means that he literally sat on his throne;

We never say Allah is Sitting on his throne textually. We say Allah is on his throne but we don't know what his throne is like.

2 minutes ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

Which alludes to God having a physical throne... 

As Already Stated above,
there are Quranic Verses about Allah is on His Throne.
On the other hand, there are also Quranic Verses which show that nothing can be Mushabah (Imitation) of Allah.
So putting both Quranic Verses at front, we come to the conclusion that Allah is on his throne but we don't know what his throne is like.

• Advanced Member
On 1/21/2018 at 7:49 AM, Shah Khan said:

As Already Stated above,
On the other hand, there are also Quranic Verses which show that nothing can be Mushabah (Imitation) of Allah.
So putting both Quranic Verses at front, we come to the conclusion that Allah is on his throne but we don't know what his throne is like.

You just repeated yourself. I'm not questioning the verse, I'm stating the verse is not to be taken literally. 

we don't know what his throne is like.

But we know it cannot be a literaly physical throne. Do you agree on this?

Just now, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

You just repeated yourself. I'm not questioning the verse, I'm stating the verse is not to be taken literally. 

But we know it cannot be a literaly physical throne. Do you agree on this?

I Agree on This. 100% .

• Advanced Member
On 1/21/2018 at 7:49 AM, Shah Khan said:

As Already Stated above,

In Shia view Allah doesn’t have a body so he is everywhere not just in a certain place as above or beneath of throne.

Who are the 8 That carry the throne of Allah

The servant Mohamed Mousa

• Veteran Member
On 1/20/2018 at 5:55 AM, Sisterfatima1 said:

Salam what are your dealings with people from this group 

I only knew one girl from this group 

I kind of respect that they feel the same about Shias about the battle of the camel and Aisha 

they also hate muawiyah

:salam:

They represent a large part of Lebanon sunnis, but funny enough, there does not seem to be intra-sunni conflicts, unlike here in the west where habashis / sunnis / salafis nearly cast takfir upon one another.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, just a muslim said:

why not? im not saying it is. but i dont see why it cant be.

If you say it is physical so Allah will be a physical being that completely false.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

If you say it is physical so Allah will be a physical being that completely false.

i didnt say it is physical but why can it not be physical? throne being physical doesnt imply Allah being physical? and why can Allah not be physical? im again not saying that He is, but why can He not be?

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, just a muslim said:

i didnt say it is physical but why can it not be physical? throne being physical doesnt imply Allah being physical? and why can Allah not be physical? im again not saying that He is, but why can He not be?

If you accept the throne is physical, then you accept the throne is constrained by space. If it is constrained by space, it is contained to A space. If that is the case then God must be physical entity in order to sit on a physical throne. Unless you state God is a metaphysical being sitting on a physical throne; which makes no sense to me. 

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

If you accept the throne is physical, then you accept the throne is constrained by space. If it is constrained by space, it is contained to A space. If that is the case then God must be physical entity in order to sit on a physical throne.

1. i never said Allah sits on the throne. i leave the arabic untranslated. i say Allah is mustawi on his throne. istiwaa is not the same as jalsah, if you are aware of the arabic.

2. why can God not be a physical entity? im not saying He is, but i want to know why you are saying He cant be.

3. your assertion that if that is the case then God MUST be a physical entity is incorrect. the quran says there is nothing like Him. laysa ka-mislihi shai'.

12 hours ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

Unless you state God is a metaphysical being sitting on a physical throne; which makes no sense to me.

again, God is not like anything we know. so something not making sense to you or any one does not make that thing incorrect.

• Advanced Member
On 1/22/2018 at 7:32 AM, just a muslim said:

1. i never said Allah sits on the throne. i leave the arabic untranslated. i say Allah is mustawi on his throne. istiwaa is not the same as jalsah, if you are aware of the arabic.

How is any of that refuting anything I stated? 

2. why can God not be a physical entity? im not saying He is, but i want to know why you are saying He cant be.

God being a physical entity means God is constrained by Space. Material objects take up space. 

3. your assertion that if that is the case then God MUST be a physical entity is incorrect. the quran says there is nothing like Him. laysa ka-mislihi shai'.

No, I'm saying in the context of stating the throne is a physical entity. If the throne is, so must God be. Are you stating the throne is a physical entity or not? 

again, God is not like anything we know. so something not making sense to you or any one does not make that thing incorrect.

It's called using your brain and logic. The chair cannot be physical, think about it. If it is physical it takes up space. Then the question is where is it? If you say in heaven, then I'd assume if we had technology that allows us to engage in deep space travel. We could get to heaven from earth, right?