Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Account Ali

Are there any Mutah networks?

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, starlight said:

Thanks. Its not there in the urdu version either.That's so sad that even the risalas haven't been fully translated. Only yesterday I was fretting over the unavailability of our hadith books in other languages :(

That's because it seems it is only available in Minhaj Al-Saliheen, and I think it is only in Arabic.

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Thanks. Its not there in the urdu version either.That's so sad that even the risalas haven't been fully translated. Only yesterday I was fretting over the unavailability of our hadith books in languages other than Arabic  :(

I totally see where you are coming from, i complained about this for years. Then i decided to give up on the system and complacent people in charge of these things, and started to learn Arabic myself.

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

33 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Oh my god guys, just answer my question. I asked about Mutah networks vis a via marriage networks. All I want to know is do they exist in the same official capacity (online or offline) as marriage networks do?

No. They don't. 

[Edit] once we SCers start discussing something we do it in complete depth.:grin:

Edited by starlight

31 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Oh my god guys, just answer my question. I asked about Mutah networks vis a via marriage networks. All I want to know is do they exist in the same official capacity (online or offline) as marriage networks do?

Try shiamatch, just make it clear what you are looking for. There is a site called mutah.com that has profiles for matchmaking, but I don't know if it is reputable or active. It exists, that's all I can tell you. 

51 minutes ago, starlight said:

No. They don't. 

[Edit] once we SCers start discussing something we do it in complete depth.:grin:

Well I am one to talk online the same way I talk in real life. And I at least appreciate people staying on topic versus going on tangents and making everyone forget what the initial post was all about. Heck, had this discussion went on to become two pages then I guarantee you and most members here would have forgotten entirely what the initial post was all about. And that ain't good. 

Edited by Guest Account Ali

On 1/20/2018 at 12:20 PM, Guest Account Ali said:

Dear brother- you may need to approach it differently.

Rather than looking for a mutah network (or marriage network), or for that part a job network, you (everybody) should look for places where like minded people gather, of both genders.

People flock to marriage sites and so on, nothing wrong with it; but had they flock to masajid, centers, and volunteer events etc. for the sake of doing the right thing and then let things flow from there as a side benefit of finding a suitable partner, their chances of success would be much higher.

If you really want to be successful in forming any companionship - find ways to meet good people regardless. Meeting people first and then vetting them to be suitable for marriage, career, profession, friendships, activity partners; is a much sure shot way to go about than the other way around.  

On 1/20/2018 at 2:05 PM, Irfani313 said:

Rather than looking for a mutah network (or marriage network), or for that part a job network, you (everybody) should look for places where like minded people gather, of both genders.

People flock to marriage sites and so on, nothing wrong with it; but had they flock to masajid, centers, and volunteer events etc. for the sake of doing the right thing and then let things flow from there as a side benefit of finding a suitable partner, their chances of success would be much higher.

If you really want to be successful in forming any companionship - find ways to meet good people regardless. Meeting people first and then vetting them to be suitable for marriage, career, profession, friendships, activity partners; is a much sure shot way to go about than the other way around.     

MashaAllah <3 Good Advice <3 

On 1/20/2018 at 2:05 PM, Irfani313 said:

Gucci advice. 

But also I am not asking for myself. I am asking because when people here confess their desires and we tell them "do mutah" with the expectation that they just walk into a masjid and figure things out is easier said than done. Marriage is one thing but Mutah is another. Since there is a huge cultural stigma against Mutah, there is an extremely low chance you will find a woman in the masjid who wants to do Mutah, mainly due to cultural bias. My mother has narrated to me too many stories of men who do what you say only to turn up empty because many women have a stigma against Mutah. Even when scholars would act as the middle man for the guy and girl. 

But the internet seems to sift out cultural biases so there is a higher chance of success online than offline with Mutah. 

On 1/20/2018 at 5:59 PM, Sumerian said:

A woman in mut'ah is not entitled to subsistence according to Sayyed Al-Sistani.

Issue 2433: A woman with whom temporary marriage is contracted, is not entitled to subsistence even if she becomes pregnant.

https://www.al-islam.org/islamic-laws-ayatullah-ali-al-husayni-al-sistani/marriage-part-ii-ii#mutah-temporary-marriage

I know that, I was talking about responsibilities in general sense. Even if she is not entitled to sustenance as per Agha Sistani, morally values would dictate you the opposite.
By the way, any female who is the muqallid of Ayatullah Sistani and want to do aqd-e-muta'a, would ask high haq-mehr, keeping in view this ruling. 

On 22/01/2018 at 7:23 AM, Salsabeel said:

morally values would dictate you the opposite.

And this is a massive problem with our fiqh. How can fiqh not be identical to morality/akhlaq?

All these people coming out of hawzah telling us that fiqh and akhlaq are different things - did they not have a thought in their mind questioning that classification?

On 1/20/2018 at 8:01 PM, Intellectual Resistance said:

I totally see where you are coming from, i complained about this for years. Then i decided to give up on the system and complacent people in charge of these things, and started to learn Arabic myself.

this's the power, this's inspiring. people who doesnt wait for the others for a little help, instead they lead the way, mashallah and may Allah swt bless you.

Salaam Alaykum

Mutah is Allah's gift to our prophet because Allah didn't give it to any prophet before.

If you need it, do it and don't worry about other people. I know it's very hard, but don't let other people's opinion rule your life. One of the reasons I did Mutah, was making Sunnah alive. Do it by considering its conditions. I know a religious person who asked a Christian family that he wants to be in relationship with their daughter. There's nothing bad about it.

Some people act against Mutah to get other people compliment, some act against because they don't want to submit to Allah's rule. Don't let their ideology rule your life. This is your life, and you have right to live the way your religion lets you.

Some Shia people ask same question that Sunni people ask. They ask it's against women freedom and benefits men. These people really need to read their Marji website. Instead of defending Shiite, these people leave Shiite alone. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PERMANENT AND TEMPORARY MARRIAGE FROM SEXUAL POINT OF VIEW. Some people say that those guys who do Mutah are so sexual. It's like %100 of people who do permanent marriage have no sexual intention. That ideology is hilarious.

Moreover, if a temporary marriage is done SOLELY for sexual satisfaction, it does NOT violate the contract.

We need to be عبد and submit to Allah.

6 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

And this is a massive problem with our fiqh. How can fiqh not be identical to morality/akhlaq?

All these people coming out of hawzah telling us that fiqh and akhlaq are different things - did they not have a thought in their mind questioning that classification?

Same with sunni fiqh as well. Can you elaborate further on the distinction between akhlaq and fiqh? And why you feel this distinction is incorrect?