Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

convincing parent for hawza


Recommended Posts

  • Basic Members

Salaamalaikum all, 

after my recent trip to ziyarat i have had a spiritual enlightening if you would call it that. i cant think about anything else except religion, and i truly want to spend my life learning about islam. my dad is completely okay with it and he is very happy, but my mom isnt. does anyone have any tips on how to convince her?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Howza life (Islamic pulse channel)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSaaFm9_7F_KHLGUBOVBKEF8prT-N1nUz

Edited by Hameedeh
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Some parents often just look at things from a financial perspective. She wouldn't look at the fact that you're so passionate about religion.

My advice is to persue your passion of studying in hawza but have a long term plan, as in what do you want to do with all that knowledge? Are you gonna do another degree to earn money? Will you give majlisis? Will you open your own organization?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 1/14/2018 at 6:18 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Some parents often just look at things from a financial perspective. She wouldn't look at the fact that you're so passionate about religion.

My advice is to persue your passion of studying in hawza but have a long term plan, as in what do you want to do with all that knowledge? Are you gonna do another degree to earn money? Will you give majlisis? Will you open your own organization?

What group fell from the eyes of the Prophet (s)?

Come back to contemporary times. Is the life of Muslims in the world and their economies, sometimes dependent on earthly resources and divine resources, in proportion to what the Prophet's (PBUH) and the revelation of the verses recommend? If we are experiencing weaknesses in this field, these weaknesses show more than anything else that we have separated from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH). For example, in our society, there is still a culture of behavior and mentality that there should be government, entrepreneurship, and somebody who should provide our job. We do not bring our children from an early age to an entrepreneurial and creative mind in the workplace, and we always think that others have the duty to provide our employment from government to entrepreneurs, manufacturers, and owners of companies, but this How many people are gathering together and mapping the planet in front of us and examining the needs of nations and communities and countries, and seeing if they can meet the needs of diverse nations for goods, not underground and raw materials? , Has not yet been institutionalized in our country and in many other nations and countries.

But the positions taken in this regard by the Prophet (pbuh) in the collection of hadiths and the speeches of the Prophet are indicative of the seriousness of the Prophet in valueing work and avoiding unemployment. In the Prophet's sake, "Hazrat Mustafa (peace be upon him), peace be upon him, said:" Do you have a job? If you say they are unemployed, he says: "he was killed by my eyes." They said: "What did your Messenger of Allah have for you?" He said: "For the believer was unemployed, he put his religion as a livelihood"

http://mahdi.cc/fa/news/4323/هشدار-پیامبرص-درباره-ارتزاق-از-شریعت

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmahdi.cc%2Ffa%2Fnews%2F4323%2F%D9%87%D8%B4%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D9%BE%DB%8C%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A8%D8%B1%D8%B5-%D8%AF%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%87-%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AA%D8%B2%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D8%B4%D8%B1%DB%8C%D8%B9%D8%AA&edit-text=

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members
On 1/14/2018 at 6:18 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Some parents often just look at things from a financial perspective. She wouldn't look at the fact that you're so passionate about religion.

My advice is to persue your passion of studying in hawza but have a long term plan, as in what do you want to do with all that knowledge? Are you gonna do another degree to earn money? Will you give majlisis? Will you open your own organization?

Yeah I think that's where she's coming from in all this. Even when I repeatedly ask to go to ziyaraat again all she thinks about is the money. As for long term I haven't fully thought about it yet, but inshallah now I will. Thank you for the advice! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2018 at 1:42 PM, Sukaina Rizvi said:

Salaamalaikum all, 

after my recent trip to ziyarat i have had a spiritual enlightening if you would call it that. i cant think about anything else except religion, and i truly want to spend my life learning about islam. my dad is completely okay with it and he is very happy, but my mom isnt. does anyone have any tips on how to convince her?

Salaam Alaykum

Wake up early in the morning, and make the best breakfast for her. Then go make a hot chocolate and wake her up. Kiss her hands and feet and be super nice. Gradually tell her what you want.

Women are emotional. Be emotional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
On 1/14/2018 at 2:42 PM, Sukaina Rizvi said:

Salaamalaikum all, 

after my recent trip to ziyarat i have had a spiritual enlightening if you would call it that. i cant think about anything else except religion, and i truly want to spend my life learning about islam. my dad is completely okay with it and he is very happy, but my mom isnt. does anyone have any tips on how to convince her?

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Do you know or have contacts who are in hawza?  I'm assuming you are Pakistani.  I know people in Qom who are from the states and are students in Qom.  

Start off by online classes and see how you well you do.  If you are still serious, approach your mother again and tell her this is what you truly want and why.  Show your mom in action and not words.  You can start off by looking at the site below.

Sheikh Safdar Razi has an english program dedicated to hawza studies.

Please go to this site and learn more.

http://alqaeminstitute.com

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

"Heaven lies underneath your mother's foot" doesn't imply we should be kissing it.

Just saying.

Rasoulullah:" The person who kisses his parents feet, is like the person who kisses Kaabah".

One time Ayatollah Marashi Najafi wanted to wake his father up. He was scared if he does that, his father become upset. He sat in front of his father feet and kissed his feet. His father woke up and when he saw that amount of respect, made a dua for him. Later on, Ayatollah Marashi Najafi said:" Whatever I gained in my life was due to my father's dua".

Losing pride is not posdible without doing these things.

NAJAFI.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Rasoulullah:" The person who kisses his parents feet, is like the person who kisses Kaabah".

Oh I haven't come across this hadith before.

Anyways I prefer to kiss them on their hands and cheeks.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members
On 1/18/2018 at 7:10 AM, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Do you know or have contacts who are in hawza?  I'm assuming you are Pakistani.  I know people in Qom who are from the states and are students in Qom.  

Start off by online classes and see how you well you do.  If you are still serious, approach your mother again and tell her this is what you truly want and why.  Show your mom in action and not words.  You can start off by looking at the site below.

Sheikh Safdar Razi has an english program dedicated to hawza studies.

Please go to this site and learn more.

http://alqaeminstitute.com

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

This looks so helpful, thank you so much!! I'm Indian so yeah you're basically right lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

It generally is not a good idea to make such important life decisions just after an experience that gets you really excited.  Take some time, find out as much as you can about hawza life and it's long term implications.  There is a lot of information available from current and previous students as well.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...