Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
rinneganMahdi

Umars Death

Salam he was drinked wine at his last days so his prayer was invalid according to shia hadith who drinks wine his prayer is not accepted for 40 days & if he dies during that time is died as a idol worshiper beside that he didn't accept wilayah of Imam Ali (as) so died as an ignorant thus fabrication of these virtues don't fix anything.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:51 AM, rinneganMahdi said:

salam is this an accurate account of umars death from shia and sunni perspectives?

Lets see his words just before his death, as mentioned in the Sunni history books:

"Umar On Death Bed

From the mosque Umar was carried home. When he regained consciousness he asked who was his murderer. He was told that his murderer was the Persian slave Firoz. Thereupon Umar said, "Praise be to God that I have not been murdered by a Muslim".

The physician administered him date cordial and milk. These could not be digested and gushed out of his wounds. That indicated that the wounds were fatal and that he could not survive for long.

The people around him praised him for his virtues and sterling qualities. He asked them not to praise him. He said:

"All praise is to Allah. If all the treasures of this world were to be at my disposal, I would offer them as a ransom to be saved from the trial at the Day of Judgement."

He then recited the Arabic verse:

"I have been unjust to my soul,

Except that I am a Muslim,

Say my prayers and fast."

Source: http://www.alim.org/library/biography/khalifa/content/KUM/19/3

Now keep in mind his last words & see the similarity of his words & what the following verse is mentioning:

فَالْيَوْمَ لَا يُؤْخَذُ مِنكُمْ فِدْيَةٌ وَلَا مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مَأْوَاكُمُ النَّارُ هِيَ مَوْلَاكُمْ وَبِئْسَ الْمَصِيرُ

57:15 So today ransom shall not be accepted from you nor from those who disbelieved; your abode is the fire; it is your friend and evil is your resort. 

There is also a tradition in sahih bukhari in which you will find what he said when he was stabbed. I will highlight those words for you, you should remember that he was in the state of salah when he said those words: 

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 50 :
Narrated by 'Amr bin Maimun
I saw 'Umar bin Al-Khattab a few days before he was stabbed in Medina. He was standing with Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman and 'Uthman bin Hunaif to whom he said, "What have you done? Do you think that you have imposed more taxation on the land (of As-Swad i.e. 'Iraq) than it can bear?" They replied, "We have imposed on it what it can bear because of its great yield." 'Umar again said, "Check whether you have imposed on the land what it can not bear." They said, "No, (we haven't)." 'Umar added, "If Allah should keep me alive I will let the widows of Iraq need no men to support them after me." But only four days had elapsed when he was stabbed (to death ). The day he was stabbed, I was standing and there was nobody between me and him (i.e. Umar) except Abdullah bin 'Abbas. Whenever Umar passed between the two rows, he would say, "Stand in straight lines." When he saw no defect (in the rows), he would go forward and start the prayer with Takbir. He would recite Surat Yusuf or An-Nahl or the like in the first Rak'a so that the people may have the time to Join the prayer. As soon as he said Takbir, I heard him saying, "The dog has killed or eaten me," at the time he (i.e. the murderer) stabbed him. A non-Arab infidel proceeded on carrying a double-edged knife and stabbing all the persons he passed by on the right and left (till) he stabbed thirteen persons out of whom seven died.