Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Dejavu

Rate this topic

Salam!

What are the Shia thoughts about DEJAVU!

i want to understand what it means, cause once I got a sign from Allah that I will fall of a building and die if I stood on the edge, and that made me avoid it.

It is very scary to me, and I remember that to this day, it is amazing! Subhanallah

Edited by Wared
42 minutes ago, Wared said:

Salam!

What are the Shia thoughts about DE VAJU!

i want to understand what it means, cause once I got a sign from Allah that I will fall of a building and die if I stood on the edge, and that made me avoid it.

It is very scary to me, and I remember that to this day, it is amazing! Subhanallah

I don't know what is the Shia View of this but I explained about it in a thread. I did research on it.. You can check my answer.

• Veteran Member

dejavu   Here we go again.   :D

Incorrect spelling. lt is spelt deja vu.

"Already Seen."

Actually, this is "feeling based" from what l remember from  past explanations (in college).

lt isn't remembering something. lt is the feeling acquired from some new place. Based in spacial, form and coloring there is a triggering of pre-memory functions.

A non-example: l just spelled s-p-a-c-I-a-l and SpelCheck does not know it is a variant of s-p-a-t-I-a-l. Which is both a surprise and an irritant.

An example will be a feeling of prior experience that did not actually occur.

You, @Wared are correct in asking because many people use this common experience as a basis for mysticism.

Edited by hasanhh
  • 2 years later...
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 1/13/2018 at 8:08 PM, hasanhh said:

dejavu   Here we go again.   :D

Incorrect spelling. lt is spelt deja vu.

"Already Seen."

Actually, this is "feeling based" from what l remember from  past explanations (in college).

lt isn't remembering something. lt is the feeling acquired from some new place. Based in spacial, form and coloring there is a triggering of pre-memory functions.

A non-example: l just spelled s-p-a-c-I-a-l and SpelCheck does not know it is a variant of s-p-a-t-I-a-l. Which is both a surprise and an irritant.

An example will be a feeling of prior experience that did not actually occur.

You, @Wared are correct in asking because many people use this common experience as a basis for mysticism.

I litterally saw 2 people beat up one guy in one location in my dream.

The next day I saw these same tow people beat up this same guy the exact same way as I saw him getting beat up in my dream in nearly the same location.

**In my dream he was being beat up in the gyms changing room and people were laughting at him.

In real life he was getting beat up in the gym and he was being laughed at in the changing room.**

By the way, when I dreamt that I thought it was a weird dream, but then hours later the next day I see the same thing unfold infront of my eyes and I freeze in shock.

And this is the ONLY time in my life I saw someone getting beat up this way, so this is not something "I would've immagined".

If this isn't deja vu, what is it?

I come from a french backround and deja vu does indeed litterally means "already seen" so it seems to describe my phenomenon.

Edited by HusseinAbbas
  • Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, HusseinAbbas said:

I litterally saw 2 people beat up one guy in one location in my dream.

The next day I saw these same tow people beat up this same guy the exact same way as I saw him getting beat up in my dream in nearly the same location.

**In my dream he was being beat up in the gyms changing room and people were laughting at him.

In real life he was getting beat up in the gym and he was being laughed at in the changing room.**

By the way, when I dreamt that I thought it was a weird dream, but then hours later the next day I see the same thing unfold infront of my eyes and I freeze in shock.

And this is the ONLY time in my life I saw someone getting beat up this way, so this is not something "I would've immagined".

If this isn't deja vu, what is it?

I come from a french backround and deja vu does indeed litterally means "already seen" so it seems to describe my phenomenon.

As salaamun aleikum,

What youre describing sounds more like a type of dream premonition. Deja vu is different in the sense that there isnt a (known) dream to refer back to, as well as there being a weird feeling of familiarity, that youve done or experienced this exact moment or event before.

Its weird, because for me, right in the middle of deja vu, if im with someone, many times i can tell them, "whoa, im having deja vu, and in a second this, this and this is going to happen, and it does...

Ive heard science explain it by saying that when it occurs, its nothing more than the mind getting mixed up and causing us to experience the feeling of having done "this" before, and that its nothing more than faulty brain functioning at that moment, but that doesnt explain that i can know what will happen in the next 5-10 seconds ahead of time, so i dont know what this all is:/

W/s