Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Hamodiii

Shia and Christians

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Arminmo said:

So what happens to یَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَ یَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْکَر

you don’t want to tell him the truth? He is not in the right path! You know it, they commit almost all the sins, they don’t mention name of god for preparing the meat, usually they eat pork, usually they had sex out of marriage, mostly they drink alcohol, you call that a good a relation with god ??

also , when you know path to god is clear why instead of correcting him you praise his wrong idea?

Yeah, I realize it's part of your curriculum, but I would have a tough time becoming a Muslim if I had to take on such an ignorant prejudice.  As far as I'm concerned, it's reason enough. 

Y'know, I wouldn't care if my meat was killed by a Muslim who practiced halal to a T. I wouldn't care if that meat went from that Muslim to a Jewish rabbi to be kosherized. When that meat, or bread, or veggies, or whatever hits my table, before it is touched we pray. When the grandchildren are here, everybody holds hands and we pray.

Actually, halal is not so likely to happen because true halal practice is illegal in NA. 

Then we break out the whiskey and swap women. 

15 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Since when you praise a christian that suggests path to god is not clear??

The group represents the best jews among them, orthodox jews.

Your path is clear, you've been taught all the motions, all the positions, all the opinions, and told you don't need more, the real world will conform. Everybody else is wrong and a pin [Edited Out] on the genealogy of religion is the one and only way. I have heard that in one Baptist church, talking about another Baptist church. The arrogance is overwhelming. You are taught that the worst Muslim is better than the best Christian, fed disgusting reasons why you should look down on them, then told to be humble and compassionate to all men. From that background the best you can do is patronize. 

What's on your path for tomorrow(s)? 

The group represents 200 people who couldn't abide by Canadian laws bordering on child abuse, so they moved to Guatemala. What part of that is the best? Is it the woman's dress that makes a religion?

15 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

before it is touched we pray.

Whose the god? Jesus? What’s the the relation of Jesus with god? Is he son of god?

did god come down in body of Jesus to sacrifice himself for our sins??

which division of whole wrong Christianity do you practice?

1 hour ago, Son of Placid said:

You are taught that the worst Muslim is better than the best Christian,

Hi we don’t think so I recommend you to watch the video on above post for better understanding of this issue

15 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Actually, halal is not so likely to happen because true halal practice is illegal in NA. 

Quran 4:97

Indeed, those whom the angels take [in death] while wronging themselves - [the angels] will say, "In what [condition] were you?" They will say, "We were oppressed in the land." The angels will say, "Was not the earth of Allah spacious [enough] for you to emigrate therein?" For those, their refuge is Hell - and evil it is as a destination.

thats an excuse that god wont accept from you judgment day!!

[Mod Note: Excessively large fonts were reduced in size.]

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note

11 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Quran 4:97

Indeed, those whom the angels take [in death] while wronging themselves - [the angels] will say, "In what [condition] were you?" They will say, "We were oppressed in the land." The angels will say, "Was not the earth of Allah spacious [enough] for you to emigrate therein?" For those, their refuge is Hell - and evil it is as a destination.

thats an excuse that god wont accept from you judgment day!!

[Mod Note: Excessively large fonts were reduced in size.]

I read that looking for relevance. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note in the quote.

12 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Whose the god? Jesus? What’s the the relation of Jesus with god? Is he son of god?

did god come down in body of Jesus to sacrifice himself for our sins??

which division of whole wrong Christianity do you practice?

Who's the God???  Really? Obviously you don't read my posts, nor the Quran. You hang on to your ignorance like a lifeline. You hope I am enough Christian you can hate. You wish to condemn me for every sin on earth you believe you are entitled to in Heaven. The problem is, you don't have a clue and you don't care. It's all the same, it's not your brand of islam, so they may as well be worshiping the devil. I see that goes for other brands of Islam as well. If you are Shia, it's only on the surface. 

In reference to your loud post...What is the ripple effect of a nick on a butchers blade?

11 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Hi we don’t think so I recommend you to watch the video on above post for better understanding of this issue

Here's the other thing about cross posting in SC. You and Arminmo are not of the same group, therefore vary on certain points...and I have to recognize and respect that.

Is it the distance between Iran and Texas? Iran has better coffee.

41 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Here's the other thing about cross posting in SC. You and Arminmo are not of the same group, therefore vary on certain points...and I have to recognize and respect that.

Is it the distance between Iran and Texas? Iran has better coffee.

Hi its looks like good cop bad cop game :hahaha:

Many years ago, (30ish), I was assigned to work evening shift with a Muslim fellow. At the time I had no idea what a Muslim was, evil by all reports.  All I knew is this guy took extra long lunch breaks, just after dusk. I finally went looking for him. I found him in the cab of a locomotive, (we were mechanics), he was on his knees. Caught him in the last week of Ramadan, (no idea) he invited me in. Not only was he Muslim, but spoke Arabic and some broken French, I spoke English and some broken French, but for the rest of the week we spent a lot of time in that cab together talking, praying, and worshiping together, and somehow understanding each other. During that week we exchanged our understanding of God, and although everything seemed foreign source, it was basically the same in the big picture. On our last day, I said to him, 'Do you feel that?" He said "Yes, it is the spirit of Allah come to worship with us."  and it hit me, if he could feel what I could feel then the differences in our belief sources didn't matter as much as the faith that brought us together. 

Shortly after we were separated, and I was transferred half way across Canada, we lost touch. I still have no idea what sect of Muslim he was. I don't care.

So I get to Calgary, after years the best helper I ever had was a dear Muslim. We never got to talk because I was doing 50 phone calls, 20 emails, and a dozen visits while he was dealing with an average of 210 men a day, from every town, and putting up with me. I give him all the credit for our success, he was my note book, phone book, and parts list through a (long story) time very few could keep up with. He was the man we could all aspire to be. He called me in against the heavy prejudice, but all in all, we were the best team.

I actually had to come to Shia Chat to find out we had stuff to argue about.

Here's the thing. 124,000 Prophets that none of us can name, Biblically I believe the number is said to be 144,000. Either way we can only name a few, and most we have to agree on. Where did the rest go? Did they go to remote areas, tell the same message that men messed up so bad we can't recognize it? Did the message come out so different we can't accept it? Were the demographics so different that we can't relate to it? How are we to judge? Well, Bible says, don't judge, learn, understand. If you feel it needs fixing, look to God to make your requests known.

The Jews got twelve, Muslims got twelve, the Gentiles, well, they can pick twelve, the rest? I've come to learn that a foreign message isn't always wrong just because it sounds different. Some of the religions I've studied sound so far off base, some so grotesque but in the core, behind the twisted matter and demonic influence is a belief in one God. No one religion can claim all the Prophets, most can't claim the prophets they know of to be their own. Claim and insist only one? If prophets were sent out to teach nothing more than the existence of one God, and the possibility that you have a responsibility to that one God, then the rest is up to you to find God, and become one with Him. 

Proverbs 3...Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

To believe that can only happen while praying in the direction of mecca...

7 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Who's the God???  Really? Obviously you don't read my posts, nor the Quran. You hang on to your ignorance like a lifeline. You hope I am enough Christian you can hate. You wish to condemn me for every sin on earth you believe you are entitled to in Heaven. The problem is, you don't have a clue and you don't care. It's all the same, it's not your brand of islam, so they may as well be worshiping the devil. I see that goes for other brands of Islam as well. If you are Shia, it's only on the surface. 

In reference to your loud post...What is the ripple effect of a nick on a butchers blade?

He just trys to butter you up, I don't ! I go directly to the main point, I say the haq (truth).

I don't need to like or hate you, it's God.

Just answer this question, did God come down in body of Jesus to sacrifice himself for our sins? Do you believe in Trinity?

Is it a yes or a no.

Edited by Arminmo

5 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

To believe that can only happen while praying in the direction of mecca...

You are mixing things up, we have a "salaat" and a "Dua" .

Dua can be done in any directions but it is recommended to be done in direction of Mecca.

Salaat(mandatory daily praying)  should be done only in direction of Mecca.

Jews also do salaat(mandatory dailypraying) to their own holy place, 

It's just a changed religion called Christianity that doesn't have Salaat.

Edited by Arminmo

1 hour ago, Arminmo said:

He just trys to butter you up, I don't ! I go directly to the main point, I say the haq (truth).

I don't need to like or hate you, it's God.

Just answer this question, did God come down in body of Jesus to sacrifice himself for our sins? Do you believe in Trinity?

Is it a yes or a no.

No, Jesus is not God. There is one God, as I've mentioned many times, I'm not a trinitarian.

Not mixing things up. You have mandatory prayers must be in the direction of Mecca. Previous to that you were to pray salaat in the direction of Jerusalem. The Jews pray 3 times a day. Are you assuming because nobody forces a Christian to pray that they don't? 

So...What is the ripple effect of a nick on a butchers blade?

3 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Not mixing things up. You have mandatory prayers must be in the direction of Mecca. Previous to that you were to pray salaat in the direction of Jerusalem. The Jews pray 3 times a day. Are you assuming because nobody forces a Christian to pray that they don't? 

So...What is the ripple effect of a nick on a butchers blade?

50 minutes ago, Arminmo said:

You are mixing things up, we have a "salaat" and a "Dua" .

Dua can be done in any directions but it is recommended to be done in direction of Mecca.

Salaat(mandatory daily praying)  should be done only in direction of Mecca.

Jews also do salaat(mandatory dailypraying) to their own holy place, 

It's just a changed religion called Christianity that doesn't have Salaat.

I think both of  side be a little calmer @Arminmo this is not a Dawah forum be calm a little the shia duty is to give enlightenment to others not brute convincing other people & @Son of Placid we respect to your point of view consider it as difference between generations that we expect to do everything it very fast let’s talk each other more respectfully :grin:

already we have a common point that God (Allah) is one & Jesus has divine  connection to him so it is better to skip these two issues & continue on other matters.

15 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

No, Jesus is not God. There is one God

That's a better idea than the rest of the Christian's.

Now next step, what makes you to not believe in next messenger of God after Jesus?

10 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I think both of  side be a little calmer @Arminmo this is not a Dawah forum be calm a little the shia duty is to give enlightenment to others not brute convincing other people & @Son of Placid we respect to your point of view consider it as difference between generations that we expect to do everything it very fast let’s talk each other more respectfully :grin:

already we have a common point that God (Allah) is one & Jesus has divine  connection to him so it is better to skip these two issues & continue on other matters.

These two issues can be seen in almost every post regardless of topic. I'm sure the OPs intention was to view the similarities of the religions, but it's very rare we ever get there. It only takes one divisive spirit to sidetrack it into the  Here we go again. 

I'm thinking there's one way to make it happen...

10 hours ago, Arminmo said:

That's a better idea than the rest of the Christian's.

Now next step, what makes you to not believe in next messenger of God after Jesus?

It's not an idea. 

How many steps are there? Is there a program? Do I get fixed at the end?

Who's to say I don't believe Muhammad was a messenger? Muhammad's fight wasn't with Christians, his fight was with idolatry.

Tell me, what has Muhammad brought that Jesus didn't?   Not talking churches or beliefs or hoops, most basic teaching.

What did Muhammad give that Jesus did not? 

What made Muhammad's message different therefore better? 

33 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

It's not an idea. 

How many steps are there? Is there a program? Do I get fixed at the end?

Who's to say I don't believe Muhammad was a messenger? Muhammad's fight wasn't with Christians, his fight was with idolatry.

Tell me, what has Muhammad brought that Jesus didn't?   Not talking churches or beliefs or hoops, most basic teaching.

God shows the path to paradise through his messangers in his holy book,

Do you have that ? No!

So how can you know you are in the right path to God ??!  No idea!

Edited by Arminmo

40 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Who's to say I don't believe Muhammad was a messenger?

So why you haven't accepted him if you believe in him?

47 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Wow! Good questions!

2 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

So you say...while avoiding my questions.

I didn't avoid your question, I clearly answered that, so again , but differently:

Tell me what's the purposes of sending prophets for humanity?

Edited by Arminmo

1 minute ago, Arminmo said:

I didn't avoid your question, I clearly answered that, so again , but differently:

Tell me what's the purposes of sending prophets for humanity?

Not sure how you think you answered any questions. 

You may have to spell it out for me, in the form of an actual response would be nice. 

11 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Not sure how you think you answered any questions. 

You may have to spell it out for me, in the form of an actual response would be nice. 

Give a one question I will give you answer.

Just now, Son of Placid said:

Go back and look for question marks in my posts. 

I went back , about what Jesus brought,

Where are the words that Jesus brought???? Show me!

1 hour ago, Arminmo said:

Where are the words that Jesus brought???? 

Brother,

Sorry to interrupt your beautiful discussion. 

But I think the Sermon on the Mount sums up the same teachings as the Quran.

And it sounds reasonable to assume that all prophets had the same teachings because they all came from God.

That saying you copied was in gospel of Matthew. And here we go with this one:

Wikipedia gospel of Matthew:

"The author of Matthew did not, however, simply copy Mark."

Now what????

Some posts have been or will be removed as inappropriate. Please refresh the page.

On 2/3/2018 at 11:30 PM, IloveImamHussain said:

Brother,

Sorry to interrupt your beautiful discussion. 

But I think the Sermon on the Mount sums up the same teachings as the Quran.

And it sounds reasonable to assume that all prophets had the same teachings because they all came from God.

Quran 61:6

And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic."

Brother, can you show me where the word "ahmad" is in the book that you named?????

However,when we look in Gospel of John 16:7 :

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the 
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English      translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.   
Paracletos 
is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise 
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and    again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet     
Muhammad (pbuh).

That's why I asked the Cristian guy to show the "enjeel" untouched Bible, but you intervened in my discussion.

On 2/7/2018 at 7:22 PM, Arminmo said:

That's why I asked the Cristian guy to show the "enjeel" untouched Bible, but you intervened in my discussion.

The nerve of some people, hacking in to your high jacked public thread. The reason I didn't mention it is because you would bash it like everything else. 

Considering you brush off everything, there's not much use going into anything.

Then again, you want to prove these passed scriptures you speak against include Muhammad. Are you sure you want to do that? If these scriptures are so corrupt, what does it say for Muhammad? Not to mention the grasping at straws.

In order to look like you know something you copy/paste...big deal. We can all go to garbage web sites, we don't have to wait for you.

Have you checked the references for relevance or just hoped it says everything you want it to?