Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Bismillah

Salam Alaykoum Wa Rahmatullah 

I have the opportunity in April to go for a ziyarah to the graves of Imam Ali (As) and Imam Hussein (As) and also to Kadhmain and Samarra. i Was wondering is Iraq safe generally speaking ? are Najaf and Karbala safe for travelling ? 

JazakhAllah 

Wasalam

Salam, 

Came back from visiting Samarrah and Kadhmain less then a week ago. Alhumdollilah whole of Iraq has been cleared of Isis. It's completely safe visiting the holy places. 

My personal opinion: We should not stop visiting the Imams  (as) even if things are tumultuous.

15 minutes ago, starlight said:

Salam, 

Came back from visiting Samarrah and Kadhmain less then a week ago. Alhumdollilah whole of Iraq has been cleared of Isis. It's completely safe visiting the holy places. 

My personal opinion: We should not stop visiting the Imams  (as) even if things are tumultuous.

Salam ! 

thank you very much for your input . 

How was it visiting those holy places ? i can't even imagine how it must feel

1 minute ago, TheBalkanicShiite said:

How was it visiting those holy places ? i can't even imagine how it must feel

There is so much positive energy surrounding the holy places. Will be a very spiritually uplifting experience for you,Inshallah.

On 1/8/2018 at 5:12 AM, starlight said:

Salam, 

Alhamdulillah!

Do you see many Europeans visiting these places as well? (Just out of curiosity, as Insha'Allah I plan to visit these places too, I just wondered what to expect if it would give me extra attention to curious minds there)

Did you find Iraqi people friendly and hospitable?

Did you see Baghdad as well?

16 hours ago, TheGreenWanderer said:

Do you see many Europeans visiting these places as well? (Just out of curiosity, as Insha'Allah I plan to visit these places too, I just wondered what to expect if it would give me extra attention to curious minds there)

We had quite a few reverts in our group. There was a sister from Poland and another couple where the husband was a revert(British). You won't have any problems inshAllah. I walked alone several times to and from the harram in hours between midnight and fajr and never felt unsafe.(I am not European but telling you that's it's generally safe)

16 hours ago, TheGreenWanderer said:

Did you find Iraqi people friendly and hospitable?

Please read this. 

I didn't go to Baghdad.

On 07/01/2018 at 8:10 AM, TheBalkanicShiite said:

Bismillah

I have the opportunity in April to go for a ziyarah to the graves of Imam Ali (As) and Imam Hussein (As) and also to Kadhmain and Samarra. i Was wondering is Iraq safe generally speaking ? are Najaf and Karbala safe for travelling ? 

JazakhAllah 

Wasalam

I waa there last year, it waa completely safe.

Everyone's death happens when his/her time is over. No matter where you are. The only thing is that we choose how to die.

Ale Imran 156:

O you who have believed, do not be like those who disbelieved and said about their brothers when they traveled through the land or went out to fight, "If they had been with us, they would not have died or have been killed," so Allah makes that [misconception] a regret within their hearts. And it is Allah who gives life and causes death, and Allah is Seeing of what you do.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:40 PM, TheBalkanicShiite said:

Bismillah

JazakhAllah 

Wasalam

WS, 

Yeah the places near the shrines are completely safe. I personally feel it is actually safer to walk around late at night in Kerbala and Najaf than it is in parts of the US, because there's very little threat of gun violence etc. So, yeah, just go!