Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Religious obsessive compulsive disorder

Rate this topic

• Basic Members
On 1/13/2018 at 11:54 PM, 3wliya_maryam said:

Marzii, I went through the EXACT same thing... if you need help, please private msg me so that I can tell you how i overcame it because for me it took some time.

fee amanillah

Salam sis, I can’t seem to leave you a message and they’d suggest that I can’t send messages for the time being. 

• Basic Members
On 1/5/2018 at 9:04 AM, Marzii said:

Salam alaikum..

I have been suffering from religious OCD for 4 years( self diagnosed).

It all started one day out of the blue while listening to a nauha...all kinds of bad sexual thoughts came drowning on me about imam Hussain as.....I was petrified...I didn't know what to do...a moment ago I was crying for his tragedy..and now...what was happening...what was I thinking...thus began my dreaded journey of waswas from accursed Satan...I would constantly have bad vulgar abusive obscense thoughts about the sacred Ahlul Bayt AS...I was feeling lost hopeless extremely anxious...I started feeling that I must have committed some grave sin...I begged to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for forgiveness...it was extremely depressing...plus I had to conceal my problem from my family coz no one would believe...I just could not get these thoughts out of my head...it was like living in hell..I prayed for death ...being a 15-16 year old girl dat I was....

Prior to all this...I loved Islam Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Ahlul Bayt AS sincerely...I still do from the bottom of my heart..

All this continued for 3 years...I still didn't knew I was suffering from OCD

Then during my 12th class...thoughts of kufr shirk...insulting sexual thoughts about God (nauzobillah) started coming to my mind...and till date I am suffering...

The last one year...I have lost all hope...my thoughts reject each and every proof of the existence of Allah ..does not value Quran...I always have obscene thoughts..I am suffering...

While praying...during Majalis..at imambargah...during sleep..while reading quran or listening to lectures......there is no rest from these kufr vulgar thoughts...

Please someone please help me..I'm just new here...I stumbled upon this site one day while searching about my condition....I really don't want to hate Islam.. I love Allah my lord . .  But I feel like He is angry with me..I feel none of my duas are being accepted ...I feel alone...full of anxiety and depression...and mostly away from Allah... please help me...I feel doomed... please help me please

Salam sister, are you still struggling with this? 

• Advanced Member
On 1/7/2018 at 2:41 PM, user01 said:

Asalamalykum. Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى does not judge you for your thoughts, irrespective of contents, but on your actions. Just keep that in mind, and those thoughts will go away

That’s not true. One can be judged on thoughts not only actions. For example, if you keep looking at your mahram with lustful thoughts, that’s a sin already. You don’t have to engage in improper physical contacts with your mahram in order to go to jahannam, a constant thought about it can send you there as well. Of course there is a weight and scale of sins. Sincere taubah (repentance) and istighfar (seeking forgiveness) should be resorted to, otherwise your thoughts will testify against you on Yawm ad-Din

• Advanced Member
On 1/6/2018 at 4:04 AM, Marzii said:

Salam alaikum..

I have been suffering from religious OCD for 4 years( self diagnosed).

It all started one day out of the blue while listening to a nauha...all kinds of bad sexual thoughts came drowning on me about imam Hussain as.....I was petrified...I didn't know what to do...a moment ago I was crying for his tragedy..and now...what was happening...what was I thinking...thus began my dreaded journey of waswas from accursed Satan...I would constantly have bad vulgar abusive obscense thoughts about the sacred Ahlul Bayt AS...I was feeling lost hopeless extremely anxious...I started feeling that I must have committed some grave sin...I begged to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for forgiveness...it was extremely depressing...plus I had to conceal my problem from my family coz no one would believe...I just could not get these thoughts out of my head...it was like living in hell..I prayed for death ...being a 15-16 year old girl dat I was....

Prior to all this...I loved Islam Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Ahlul Bayt AS sincerely...I still do from the bottom of my heart..

All this continued for 3 years...I still didn't knew I was suffering from OCD

Then during my 12th class...thoughts of kufr shirk...insulting sexual thoughts about God (nauzobillah) started coming to my mind...and till date I am suffering...

The last one year...I have lost all hope...my thoughts reject each and every proof of the existence of Allah ..does not value Quran...I always have obscene thoughts..I am suffering...

While praying...during Majalis..at imambargah...during sleep..while reading quran or listening to lectures......there is no rest from these kufr vulgar thoughts...

Please someone please help me..I'm just new here...I stumbled upon this site one day while searching about my condition....I really don't want to hate Islam.. I love Allah my lord . .  But I feel like He is angry with me..I feel none of my duas are being accepted ...I feel alone...full of anxiety and depression...and mostly away from Allah... please help me...I feel doomed... please help me please

Walaykum as Salam, 

I feel that the solution would of been to consult a learned ulama, as well as a lay doctors about your condition. Sometimes such thoughts come from a mental issues that should be properly addressed. If you don’t have a husband, maybe finding one would solve that sexual frustration? For many people that’s a solution to avoid sinning. 

• 2 months later...
Guest ..........

@3wliya_maryamAssalamun Alyka Wa Rahmatullahe Barkatahu Sister. Actually I am also going through same problem. Can you help me with this ??.I tried but I can't able to text you on this app. Can you contact me on some other social sites.?? 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Guest .......... said:

@3wliya_maryamAssalamun Alyka Wa Rahmatullahe Barkatahu Sister. Actually I am also going through same problem. Can you help me with this ??.I tried but I can't able to text you on this app. Can you contact me on some other social sites.?? 

Salaam brother / sister, maybe contact a medical professional or tell someone (a parent) who you can trust. InshaAllah this will pass and you will grow stronger so be patient.

• Advanced Member

Wow this is a pretty horrible place to be in. I'm very sorry to hear. I hope anyone out there whose suffering with these thoughts are recovered or recovering. 

But i have some questions. Why did you start having these thoughts?

Some tips i can recommend:

- stop listening to music

- Stop watching western shows.

- fast, give charity and pray. 

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will reward the one who is working hard in His way. No doubt he is aware of your suffering, but if you strive to please Him, He inshallah will free you of your troubles.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Weird that the waswas reuccurs, I've had the same horrible thoughts come to my mind but I would immediatly snap out of it due to shame and put Allah(stw) curse on shaiytan to get out of my mind, because I know for certain these are things that I would never like to think about.

Edited by HusseinAbbas