Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

It is the victory of fantasy over realism that distances the American public from the horrors of war.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/429168-syria-saving-private-ryan/

I enjoyed reading her reflection on the Hollywood's version of war vs the reality of life, and how people can be convinced by mere myths even if they were logically implausible.  

Hmm, if im going to fly during the month of Ramadan and my flight is before the Dhuhr azaan.

Then I need to fast that day until I have traveled far enough to be counted as a traveler and THEN I can break my fast.

Is this correct?

Someone told me, if I am going to travel then I dont need to fast that day, so I can eat before the flight, but that does not sound right to me.

After working for 12 years, apparently I have suddenly become a bad employee. People keep firing me. Employers have developed such high standards for entry level jobs while they pay most of their money to managers , CEOs and what do those managers actually do? They work from home, go on vacations for several weeks, and assign all their work to entry level employees. There are a lot of stupid entry level  employees who do their managers' work. But not all entry level employees are capable of doing everything: that's why they are NOT hired in the managerial positions. I hate it when during the interview people tell me:  this is like family, welcome to the family. That usually means their environment is like a joint family system and adjusting in that environment will be just like adjusting with your in-laws. Don't these people have families at home? Why do they insist on turning work places into joint family systems and treating new employees like a son-in-law or daughter-in-law? 

Edited by rkazmi33

10 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Someone told me, if I am going to travel then I dont need to fast that day, so I can eat before the flight, but that does not sound right to me.

On the day that you plan to travel you still need to fast, and when you reach the distance of becoming a traveler, then you break your fast, because the Holy Prophet SA said it was disobedience to do otherwise. What if you ate that day and something happened which made your traveling impossible?

When the Prophet (s) traveled during Ramadan, he broke his fasting and declared to the people that he had broken his fasting. He considered fasting in travel as disobedience. He said: “It is not of piety to fast in travel.”

https://www.al-islam.org/juristic-questions-sayyid-abdul-husayn-sharafuddeen/travelers-taqseer-and-fast-breaking#legislating-fast-breaking

32 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Thoughts: which of you deserves to be interviewed by one as magnificent as me?

Check your PM (chat) How could you get this going without the even more magnificent starlight to guide you?!?!

:coffee:

30 minutes ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Thoughts: which of you deserves to be interviewed by one as magnificent as me?

I really wanna know a bit more about @ireallywannaknow and @ali_fatheroforphans

13 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Hmm, if im going to fly during the month of Ramadan and my flight is before the Dhuhr azaan.

Then I need to fast that day until I have traveled far enough to be counted as a traveler and THEN I can break my fast.

Is this correct?

No, you break your fast after 22km past your cities border.