Jump to content
Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Please recite a fatiha for my dear aunt who passed away today. I feel very sad for my old grandmother who in her age has to see her youngest child pass away and for my aunts 4 year old daughter that she leaves behind and will now have to live her childhood without a mother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Please recite a fatiha for my dear aunt who passed away today. I feel very sad for my old grandmother who in her age has to see her youngest child pass away and for my aunts 4 year old daughter that she leaves behind and will now have to live her childhood without a mother.

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

My condolences, brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SAD

l was watching to report on why Brazil's National Museum burned to the stone.

No sprinkler system.

The fire hydrants did not have any water.

Another example of governmental incompetence.

So 'their' excuse ?

"Lack of Funding"  ---of course. Gov't never has enough money even though they print it.

So how does that puny excuse work now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does everyone have a person in their life who constantly criticizes them? When I was growing up in Pakistan, I dealt with mean comments on a daily basis, from teachers, from friends and from relatives. Then from the age of 17 to age of 30, I didn't deal with any criticism. I don't know why, I guess I never had any close relationships with Americans and I didn't spend a lot of time with my own community members. When I got married, I was receiving constant taunts and criticisms from my ex-husband, on a daily basis and it made me angry and upset. Now people say that I am spoiled because I don't know how to take criticism and constant criticism is very necessary for spiritual growth. In Pakistani culture, people constantly criticize each other, even the humor involves making fun of other people. Many jokes which are told among Pakistanis may be extremely offensive for an American audience. I have lost friendships with many Pakistani women because I get hurt by their taunting and mocking. I avoid them, and now my parents have decided that I am spoiled and they will yell at me frequently to make me more humble. 

I think Pakistani culture is like the Kardashians in one aspect, that people are constantly fighting with each other and few minutes later they start laughing like nothing happened. Whenever I have a fight, I get sad and upset, I feel exhausted and it takes me at least a day to recover from fighting. Plus, I don't want to talk with the person I had a fight with. Am I abnormal? Do other people have regular fights with their family members and friends? Is it really necessary to improve? In my experience, the criticism takes away my desire to improve and I become a worse person. I was the best version of myself when I was in my 20s, when my life was good and everyone was nice to me. 

Edited by rkazmi33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Please recite a fatiha for my dear aunt who passed away today. I feel very sad for my old grandmother who in her age has to see her youngest child pass away and for my aunts 4 year old daughter that she leaves behind and will now have to live her childhood without a mother.

Rahmatul Allah 3leeha brother.  My heart aches for her daughter.  Many people always tell parents, that God keep your children.  But I say to the children, God keep your parents for you.

inna lil Allah wa inna elahi raj3oun.

Where was your aunt buried?

Will her daughter be able to visit her grave?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What ever happened to Henry Ford ?

His business philosophy, l mean.

Ford said to pay your employees enough to buy the product they produce.

In Ford's case, this was cars.

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-employees-on-food-stamps-2018-8 

Amazon crossed the Trillion Dollar Company this week. The 2nd corporation to do so.

Bezos' paper-wealth l saw this week is now about $160 Billion. Twice plus of Bill Gates.

But he definitely doesn't have anything to show-off for Henry Ford with. Does he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Ford said to pay your employees enough to buy the product they produce.

In Ford's case, this was cars.

Watch out, @hasanhh. You're starting to sound like a socialist with this talk of fair wages and criticism of billionaire business owners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, notme said:

You're starting to sound like a socialist

No, it is very capitalistic.

lf you do not pay people enough, or over tax them, then what you have is rich people passing money around in a circle among themselves -and a few imports; and poor people who buy nothing (essentially).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 10:29 PM, Laayla said:

Rahmatul Allah 3leeha brother.  My heart aches for her daughter.  Many people always tell parents, that God keep your children.  But I say to the children, God keep your parents for you.

inna lil Allah wa inna elahi raj3oun.

Where was your aunt buried?

Will her daughter be able to visit her grave?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Thank you. They will bury her today inshaAllah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got some blue light blocking glasses for reading on mobile devices. I guess they work, but my family kept commenting that I look like a librarian while wearing them. So I got a beaded glasses retaining chain to complete the look. :grin:

The only problem now will be if I wear them in a library, people will interrupt my reading to ask for my help finding things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching hurricane "Florence", I hope we don't have to evacuate. There's a 20% chance of it turning north and not making landfall at all. There's an 80% chance we're going to get some dramatic weather late this week. I'm prepared for power outages, but not travel with pets. 

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/145000.shtml?key_messages#contents

 

Edited by notme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

@notme  Are you like half the US population, within 50 miles or the coast, or the 90% within 100 miles of a coast?

Within 50. Well within 50, plus surrounded by rivers. 

Schools are now closed "until further notice" and they've started mandatory evacuations of some low lying areas, and they're not even predicting storm effects until Thursday. Please, duas for the safety of those who are/will be affected. 

My husband's employer has authorized casual wear for the rest of the week so they can comfortably fill and carry sandbags. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 6:50 PM, hasanhh said:

Belief: There is no substitute for reciting Qur'an.

You are truthful.  

On the Day of Judgement, Quran will complain how the Muslims ignored it and didn't pay any attention to it.

 M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...