Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

9 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Dar-ul-Harab is meaningless 

I meant Dar-ul-Kufr.

30-33 from Surah 42 really struck me: (from the Yusuf Ali translation)

Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because on the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness.

Nor can ye frustrate (aught), (fleeing) through the earth; nor have ye, besides Allah, any one to protect or to help.

And among His Signs are the ships, smooth-running through the ocean, (tall) as mountains.

If it be His Will He can still the Wind: then would they become motionless on the back of the (ocean). Verily in this are Signs for everyone who patiently perseveres and is grateful.

11 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Haven't been able to sleep all night because of my stomach pain ahh.

Make a dua for me! Thanks.

Like about an hour after writing this, my stomach pain completely disappeared. Subhanallah I thought I'll vomit but all good.

4 minutes ago, Husayni said:

May Allah bless the martyr of Iraq, Shaheed Muhammad baqir al-Sadr!

48BF61D1-3634-483D-BA05-A919D4B5680C.jpeg

Very few scholars have shown what it takes to live a pure life in accordance with the teachings of Ahlulbayt(as). This great personality was busy trying to oppose the oppressive regime of Saddam Hussein (la) and wanted people to stand up against injustice. Baqir al Sadr even urged a lot of Iraqis to support Imam Khomeini in the Iranian revolution. 

I wish a lot more of our scholars were like him. Baqer al Sadr had a vision and a dream, he was not busy cursing other scholars unlike some corrupt scholars who create nothing but fitna.

May Allah grant him jannah. Honestly, his life is full of lessons.

29 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Very few scholars have shown what it takes to live a pure life in accordance with the teachings of Ahlulbayt(as). This great personality was busy trying to oppose the oppressive regime of Saddam Hussein (la) and wanted people to stand up against injustice. Baqir al Sadr even urged a lot of Iraqis to support Imam Khomeini in the Iranian revolution. 

I wish a lot more of our scholars were like him. Baqer al Sadr had a vision and a dream, he was not busy cursing other scholars unlike some corrupt scholars who create nothing but fitna.

May Allah grant him jannah. Honestly, his life is full of lessons.

Ameen you took the words right out of my tongue akhi. He was a man of nothing but sincerity. 

Forwarded as received
The Shabir Nursery (orphanage) in Tehran is in urgent need of diapers and milk powder which are being extremely expensive or scarce because of the sanctions. Hence, the babies are fed with sweetened water only. If you are traveling to Iran for pilgrimage please take some diapers and powder milk with you to help the poor babies. 

it's a fraud request & official denied by Shabbir Nursery btw Shabbir organization is for taking children  with bad parents that born enough that don't need powder milk & diaper also it's  not an orphanage for little babies.

don't respond or spread any message for help from Iran , in best form they are fraud & in worst form they are terrorist funding links.

https://www.isna.ir/news/95121408528/درخواست-مجازی-جمع-آوری-شیرخشک-برای-مرکز-شبیر-تکذیب-شد

caution : the charities that ask any help for eastern cities of Iran like as Zahedan & Sistan and Baluchistan are Wahhabi or MEK links that collect money in name of people for terrorists.

:( Today I killed another feral cat. It was quick. Shot her in the throat. She had kittens but her annoyances outweighed and I had to force myself to finally take the difficult decision. I almost did not pull the trigger. Before this one, a few months ago I killed a large stray male who had impregnated my pet cat and appeared to wanted to hurt her kittens and do it again. This fresh kill she attacked my cat last night and made him limp. She was around for years, testing my patience as she would sometimes break into the house spoil food break utensils drive my wife mad and even shat in my den (we hated each other). But she had years to move away. She would always lay her litter right here in my backyard and break my house together with them whenever she got the chance and even though my dog would kill all her kittens eventually.

I am writing this because I feel very small right now. It was very difficult to decide as she was nursing her newborn kittens these days. But then she was always nursing a new litter. I forgave her and let her go many times. Some kittens and cats I trapped and took to the nearby city before this. In my little rural area there is a population boom of cats. I felt I had no choice left. Letting her go again would have only given her more opportunities for annoyance and interruptions. But still I fear God, I did not want to kill a creature. Please pray that He forgives me.

I should have remembered Imam Ali: "I will be so patient that even patience tires of my patience."

:(

41 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Yes, sometimes one has to open windows and doors.

Why dont you just put mosquito netting over your windows and build a inside door with mosquito netting that will let the air in and not cats?

42 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Yes, sometimes one has to open windows and doors.

Have the same problem. More than a few times pregnant stray cats made our place their maternity home. One even had the galls to settle in a regularly used closet! Needed continuous monitoring to save the kitchen, though it helped that the kitchen was out of its route to the door. 

Anyways, installed netted doors with self-closing hinges to stave off the issue. 

33 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Why dont you just put mosquito netting over your windows and build a inside door with mosquito netting that will let the air in and not cats?

Because of my children or the maid it doesn't matter how many layers of doors I install they are liable to be left open some time. The door even has a self closing mechanism installed which becomes weak once the door is about to close. That is all it needed. This cat was so clever it even used her paws to open it if the door was not properly stuck in closed position. Then the windows are left open in the day unless its cold outside. Every couple of weeks there would be a cat problem. One mistake and a few minutes of neglect and it would topple something in the kitchen. We leave bread outside for birds and animals but no most cats are picky about what they eat. Once or twice it even snatched or tried to snatch food out of the hands of my children if sitting in the lawn.

Edited by Darth Vader

I was reading Hamid Dabashi's book 'Islamic Liberation Theology'. I may be very wrong in my assessment, but the book is absolute crap.

I am sick and tired of these so-called 'rowshanfekr' intellectuals hijacking Islam to push their political daydreams. The guy is practically proposing that Islam must compromise on some of its key doctrinal positions to serve as an ideological counterweight to the US imperialism powered by an 'amorphous' (probably intended to mean opportunistic and shape-shifting) global capital. In his view, Islam must give up its 'juridical normativeness' (read: chuck the Sharia) and look for 'allies' who are the other victims of the US led capitalist juggernaut; the need of the hour is to devise an Islamic 'theodicy'(!?) which can bring the oppressed all over the globe under its banner ( he gives the example of Malcolm X who achieved this potentiality),which 'does not draw any distinction between the believer and the non-believer'.

Mr. Highbrow must realize that to combat post-Enlightenment rationalist thought, what is needed is a deeper epistemological engagement with it, and not such shallow political postulations and semantic gimmickry. Shaheed as-Sadr(rh) has shown us the way. It is in its traditional form, and not [Edited Out]ized misrepresentations, that Islam poses the biggest threat to colonial modernity.

6 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

But still I fear God, I did not want to kill a creature. Please pray that He forgives me.

I should have remembered Imam Ali: "I will be so patient that even patience tires of my patience."

:(

Inshallah He forgives you. Idk if this will make you feel any better, but in Iraq (and I'm sure many other places) people used to attack cats like they'd attack flies. They were a nuisance, and they used to come and steal all the meat from the fridge (meat was very expensive in the time of Saddam). Not that it makes it any more acceptable to abuse the cat, but it happens to the best of us. 

1 hour ago, 2Timeless said:

Inshallah He forgives you. Idk if this will make you feel any better, but in Iraq (and I'm sure many other places) people used to attack cats like they'd attack flies. They were a nuisance, and they used to come and steal all the meat from the fridge (meat was very expensive in the time of Saddam). Not that it makes it any more acceptable to abuse the cat, but it happens to the best of us. 

Thank you for the consoling words. I was living with it stealing food, damaging things. There are other animals here, since I live near a forest, but I was tolerating the events. But I realize the straw breaking the camel's back proved to be its attacking my new cat who was limping from an injury. I don't like cats and that has nothing to do with my keeping one as pet or killing annoying strays. But my pet cat is always there for me. Especially these days I am alone as my wife and kids have moved to a rented house due to her new job. So when my cat was injured something snapped. I thought if it dies I will be left alone and lose my sole companion. My dog is insensitive but dutiful enough. This cat is always following me around whether I'm taking a stroll, leaving, coming back, sitting, sleeping, it doesn't leave my side. I think its well being became the decisive factor.

Edited by Darth Vader

23 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

I am writing this because I feel very small right now. It was very difficult to decide as she was nursing her newborn kittens these days. But then she was always nursing a new litter. I forgave her and let her go many times. Some kittens and cats I trapped and took to the nearby city before this. In my little rural area there is a population boom of cats. I felt I had no choice left. Letting her go again would have only given her more opportunities for annoyance and interruptions. But still I fear God, I did not want to kill a creature. Please pray that He forgives me.

I love my cats, and where I live almost everyone gets their pets neutered so we don't have a problem with feral cats.

There's no problem with killing animals that are doing damage to your home, property, animals, and well being. It isn't even a sin so no need for forgiveness. Inshallah another mother cat will adopt the kittens, as happens sometimes. Otherwise, you did what you had to do, don't worry about it. 

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

Thank you for the consoling words. I was living with it stealing food, damaging things. There are other animals here, since I live near a forest, but I was tolerating the events. But I realize the straw breaking the camel's back proved to be its attacking my new cat who was limping from an injury. I don't like cats and that has nothing to do with my keeping one as pet or killing annoying strays. But my pet cat is always there for me. Especially these days I am alone as my wife and kids have moved to a rented house due to her new job. So when my cat was injured something snapped. I thought if it dies I will be left alone and lose my sole companion. My dog is insensitive but dutiful enough. This cat is always following me around whether I'm taking a stroll, leaving, coming back, sitting, sleeping, it doesn't leave my side. I think its well being became the decisive factor.

May Allah protect you, your cat, your wife and kids, and hopefully things will get sorted out and you won't feel like that for long :)

Edited by 2Timeless
typo

Another profound and always relevant towards attempts to disprove the Quran, I've seen this conjecture used as an argument many times: 

Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, So they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the signs, not they will believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee, they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

- Surah 6:25

Shiachat is wayy better than Facebook.

You feel crap wasting time on Facebook, whereas with Shiachat you don't really.

It's also being in the presence of mu'min brothers and sisters which is so refreshing. May Allah bless those who created this website.

6 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

You feel crap wasting time on Facebook, whereas with Shiachat you don't really.

I don't think it's time wasting to see achievements of my nieces and nephews or to discuss random topics with my cousins who I've never met or old friends who now live far away. It's just a matter of how you use it. 

Shiachat is a most productive, very informative way of wasting time though. I'll agree with you on that part. 

4 hours ago, notme said:

Shiachat is a most productive, very informative way of wasting time though

FB is better than gossiping over the back fence, though.

Keeps you off your feet, doesn't it?

:grin:

l disagree with the 'wasting time'. . .

except when you rant that pinko, tree-hugging rhetoric at me.

:D

On 11/5/2018 at 10:10 AM, AbdusSibtayn said:

I meant Dar-ul-Kufr.

Salam ,i think It’s really hard to call other places out of Islamic world as Dar-ul-Kufr or Dar-al-Harb because christian missionaries introduce christanity from 19th century until now that it changed now mostly to Bahai’s & sunni muslims missionaries that they follow footsteps of Christian misioners between Native Americans & Africa ,Shia Muslims could be their rivals in Africa but we were weak about  Native Americans & abandons & oppressed  tribes around the world  and they separated them by  introducing Bahaism & Sunni Islam as tribal religions & seperated them as bhai’s & Sunni tribes & a little shia Muslim tribes one time I posted a comment in a converted to Sunni Islam native Americans channels in YouTube & they attacked me that it’s only related to tribe & Shias has no share in it ,btw althought it’s a story that Zakaria Razi the famous Iranian scientist had students from around the world from 4 corners of world that one of them was a Native American .

http://ana.ir/fa/news/43/83387/تندیس-زکریای-رازی-و-شاگردانش-مرمت-می‌شود

635983065862974064_lg.jpg

this link shows how they adopt their beliefs with Native American myths I think sister @Hameedeh can explains it better 

http://www.livingmyths.com/Nativesum.htm

23 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam ,i think It’s really hard to call other places out of Islamic world as Dar-ul-Kufr or Dar-al-Harb because christian missionaries introduce christanity from 19th century until now that it changed now mostly to Bahai’s & sunni muslims missionaries that they follow footsteps of Christian misioners between Native Americans & Africa ,Shia Muslims could be their rivals in Africa but we were weak about  Native Americans & abandons & oppressed  tribes around the world  and they separated them by  introducing Bahaism & Sunni Islam as tribal religions & seperated them as bhai’s & Sunni tribes & a little shia Muslim tribes one time I posted a comment in a converted to Sunni Islam native Americans channels in YouTube & they attacked me that it’s only related to tribe & Shias has no share in it ,btw althought it’s a story that Zakaria Razi the famous Iranian scientist had students from around the world from 4 corners of world that one of them was a Native American .

http://ana.ir/fa/news/43/83387/تندیس-زکریای-رازی-و-شاگردانش-مرمت-می‌شود

635983065862974064_lg.jpg

this link shows how they adopt their beliefs with Native American myths I think sister @Hameedeh can explains it better 

http://www.livingmyths.com/Nativesum.htm

You explained it well enough. Thank you for the links.