Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

On 9/13/2018 at 11:53 AM, Son of Placid said:

I have no idea what reciting a noha actually means, but it sounds pretty much like public speaking.

Hi Noha means that we recite poem with grief for feeling of passionate about fate of our Imams (as) specially for imam Hussain (as) martyrdom ,that can be with melodic rhythm sometimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noha

http://server2.shiatv.net/video/488867020

http://server2.shiatv.net/video/1073583176

Best Farsi Noha - Imam Hussain (as) with english sub

Bassim Karbalai I will never see you again

Ali Shanawar | The One And Only Hussain | 2016 | (Subtitles Available in Urdu & English)

[ENG subs] lalala gole baba - Ali Asghar

Sleep Ali calm calm(ali asghar)

When Fatima Came to Karbala By: Ali Fadhil (English Noha)

Is There Anyone There, for Awakening

On 9/12/2018 at 6:53 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Just found this out today, about this Urdu Noha:

was written by a Hindu:

https://www.shiapac.org/2015/10/29/remembering-munshi-channulal-dilgeer/

This Marsiya is still recited at many places on Shabe Ashur and Shaame Gariba. Each and every couplet is heart-wrenching. Masterpiece indeed. 

The clothing of a woman depicts her upbringing by her father, the sense of honour (ghayrah) of her brother, the manliness of  her husband, her keenness to emulate her mother and above all, her conciousness of Allah watching her.

This is why they said to Maryam (as):

_O sister of Haaroon, your father was not an evil man and your mother was not a loose woman -19:28 (Quran )

They reminded her of her brother, father and mother. If these people are upright, she will also be upright.

A pious person said, "Revealing clothes on a woman is a sign that Allah is angry with her, as He removed the clothing of Adam and Hawwaa (as) when He was displeased with them."

A young girl says, "When I see a young female exposing and revealing herself, I look at her parents and think of the verse:

"Stop them, indeed they will be questioned" This causes me to have even more modesty so that my mother should not be questioned."

Most of that which Allah made impermissible in this world will be allowed in Jannah, e.g. wine. One thing that is not allowed here and there is nakedness.

In fact, a great bounty [of Jannah] is to be properly covered. Describing Jannah, Allah says:

You will not be hungry in it [Jannah] nor will you be exposed to sun (unclothed)-  20:119-120

One of the most beautiful messages I have read regarding modesty.

I wrote a comment on a Guardian article and got 50 likes. Someone else replied to my comment, agreeing with me but with a more extreme version of the same point gets 100 liikes.

OK it's only likes.

Still irritating though.

On 9/18/2018 at 10:10 AM, Haji 2003 said:

OK it's only likes.

Still irritating though.

But do the people who influence policy "like" what you have to say? And do the people whose opinions matter to you? 

But then, I admit I'm baffled by the fact that I even have Twitter followers, so obviously I'm clueless. 

42 minutes ago, notme said:

But do the people who influence policy "like" what you have to say? And do the people whose opinions matter to you? 

In that instance not really, it was about a UK political issue.

But I do use that account to give the Shia perspective on occasion and it's been quite nice to have had a supportive response, given the vast majority of people doing so are non-Muslims.

@notme @IbnSina @Son of Placid

Thanks for your support! I actually read a noha today - related to Hazrat Abbas (as), and everything turned out to be fine. I thought I'll get nervous, but once I started reciting, I was focused so much on the lyrics that I didn't even care about other people etc.

13 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

@notme @IbnSina @Son of Placid

Thanks for your support! I actually read a noha today - related to Hazrat Abbas (as), and everything turned out to be fine. I thought I'll get nervous, but once I started reciting, I was focused so much on the lyrics that I didn't even care about other people etc.

I'm glad you had a positive experience.  Each time, it will be easier.  

:cryhappy: "Thought: How do l know l am getting old?"

"When l read through SC's topics and too many are either SC= the Single's Center  or  SC=Sex Channel and l react, 'Ah, Hell, NOT again'."

Today is Ashura. lnshallah, l will fast.

Congratulations to #ShiaChat members who were Popular Contributors from September 4-17! We appreciate your participation.

@Carlzone @hasanhh @Islandsandmirrors @shiasoldier786 @iraqi_shia @abuhaydar @2Timeless @Mahdavist @ireallywannaknow @IbnSina @Maha_13 @Natsu @alidu78 @Husayni @dragonxx  @anonymous sister @anonymous brother

Back in the 1960s, product research was used to predict a person's psychology, political views, social status and your fears. l wish l could dig one of these up for you. No 'luck' so far.

But now, with big data, instead of compiling hundreds of voluntary surveys, the researchers have  Big Data:shock:

Billions of data points to target you and me.

https://www.dw.com/en/big-data-the-tracks-we-leave/av-45403159 --3 minutes long

Thought--not exactly "mind control", but it is "wish control" ---Madison Avenue advertising at its maximum.

Edited by hasanhh

3 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Back in the 1960s, product research was used to predict a person's psychology, political views, social status and your fears. l wish l could dig one of these up for you. No 'luck' so far.

But now, with big data, instead of compiling hundreds of voluntary surveys, the researchers have  Big Data:shock:

Billions of data points to target you and me.

https://www.dw.com/en/big-data-the-tracks-we-leave/av-45403159 

Thought--not exactly "mind control", but it is "wish control" ---Madison Avenue advertising at its maximum.

Market research has invaded just about every part of life. They used to have to ask, but now they just collect data. Consumers are money. They want to predict your next purchase and be there for you. Even the grocery stores compile purchase history. 

We're old consumers, set in our ways. We don't fall for the "New and improved". I'm sure you've found, as I have. It might be new, but it's not always an improvement. Not only do they sell you something, they also have data on how long the product is estimated to last. Electronics can easily be programmed to die or mess up. Kinda like how your cell phone starts dropping calls around contract time.

If humans become able to invent good AI, and God gives the invention sentience, would scientists and theologians consider the creature to be a kind of human, or something new? 

Obviously if it was invented by humans it would share our mind type and social values. But it wouldn't have a body like us at all. Further, it would be an invented and built thing. 

But what makes a human human? 

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

Essentially the human soul.

My amateur attempt to reconcile the religious creation story with evolution is that even if there had been creatures who looked like 'humans', only the descendants of Adam (a.s.) would have had a soul.

Edited by Haji 2003