Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts 2018

Inner Peace

• Veteran Member

l am watching the idiot-box as we called TV back in the 60s.

So as l see this trashy commercial l thought: in the 60s people said commercials were too suggestive (of doing wrong) but now l would not want any child or grandchild watching commercial television.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:14 PM, Heavenly_Silk said:

Huh, thought this was for who posted most each week haha. Thank you 

• Forum Administrators

Speaking to People magazine, Chopra said the wedding was a "religious mash-up", adding that they "took beautiful traditions that we both grew up with and personalised them in a way that makes sense for us".

They appeared together at the Met Gala in May 2017 as they had both been dressed by Ralph Lauren, and their relationship started making headlines around a year later.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-46450340

At least they didn't have to mash-up their choice of designers.

• Veteran Member
10 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

choice of designers.

75 feet --22.86m-- of Wedding Veil ?

Well, for one thing, even l know that is called the train.

Either way, "veil" or train, it is one good way to clean the floor.

And where are the flower girls that are necessary to manage the train, as required by etiquette?

Oh. Bolly-would-be anything but flash and bling.

l found this: Kate Middleton's train was 9 feet and Diana's 25 feet.

• Veteran Member
On 12/2/2018 at 10:19 PM, rkazmi33 said:

I really like most videos of Agha Panahian, but some videos are really hard to understand. This is why I sometimes think shia religion is like a cult and only cult followers can become good shias. 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum dear sister,

Alhamd'Allah we have many speakers.  If Sheikh Panahian is not your cup of tea, you can listen to many others.  If something is bothering you please ask, so if there is any confusion, we can try to explain it, Insh'Allah.

Some that come to mind are Sheikh Nuru Mohammad, Hassanian Rajabali, Asad Jafari, Khalil Jafar, Dr Shomali.

God bless you sister.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

• Advanced Member

In time when people from asia&middle east came to Europe,i am seriously thinking to move at I.R.Iran.

Here,i was put religion by side for manny years.Look for what they call "self made",and i reach my definition of sucess,but now,i feel empty

I need feeling that i had wich i was study Islamic laws,i need that feeling that tear drop when i read dua from Imam Sajjad(s) just for sake of knowing that he wright dua.I need all that and manny other spiritual feelings to fulfill my life.Without true tattoo of Ahlu-l-Bayt(s) at my heart,all is wortless.

Maybe i will feel all theese again if i sorround myselef with people that i love in country that i love.Maybe...

I don know am i miss topic,but just have this thought.

Salam

Edited by AidAsSadik

• Forum Administrators
On 12/5/2018 at 2:09 AM, Haji 2003 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-46450340

At least they didn't have to mash-up their choice of designers.

A 75 foot long wedding veil; flabbergasted! I laughed out loud when a man on Twitter tweeted this: priyanka chopra's veil is bigger and brighter than my future

• Veteran Member
42 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

I am suprised that theres no discussions going on about whats going on in France.

The only thing l "Iearned" was two-three days ago when a reporter said this was more than a fuel tax. This no-longer-existing tax was a precipitant for discontent over a variety of issues, plus the trouble-makers jumped in too, according to that reporter.

• Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

I am suprised that theres no discussions going on about whats going on in France.

whats happening in france? i'll just search it up.

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Thanks to Team members who were popular contributors.  @notme @ShiaMan14 @Ashvazdanghe @Abu Hadi @Haji 2003 @Qa'im 

Salaam,

Surprised I made it. Haven't been on SC as much as I used to be.

4 hours ago, IbnSina said:

#FirstWorldProblems brother.

• Advanced Member

[CONTROVERSY ALERT: NOT INTENDED TO RAKE UP A DEBATE. THE STATEMENT IS HIGHLY PERSONAL AND SUBJECTIVE AND THE READERS ARE AT LIBERTY TO COMPLETELY DISAGREE]

Ever since I became Muslim and joined the school of Aal Muhammad (as), I have dabbled in a modest amount of metaphysical stuff to understand Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and gain proximity to Him.

But there is nothing like performing the amaal prescribed by the Ahlul Bayt(as) when it comes to gaining ma'rifah and qurbah. There is nothing like reading the Qur'an and their ahadith if one wishes to gain true gnosis. Each passing day convinces me that the kernel of irfan is nothing else but zuhd and it'at of Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, through which the servant ascends higher and higher through the various spiritual stages (maqaamaat), until the state of annihilation or fanaa is achieved, when his entire being is subsumed in the divine will, and what remains is that state of subsistence (baqaa) where his will becomes identical with the will of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. All that remains within the slave is not him, but 'Him'.

Music, stylized and synchronized rituals, and flamboyant turbans and robes are all mere artifices. Those who have tasted the fruit alone know its sweetness.

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, Carlzone said:

No random happenings at all?

I belive nothing is random , all that happens has a purpose but we can’t connect all dots toghether because we don’t have ilm-gheib 

• Forum Administrators
On 12/7/2018 at 11:44 PM, AbdusSibtayn said:

[CONTROVERSY ALERT: NOT INTENDED TO RAKE UP A DEBATE. THE STATEMENT IS HIGHLY PERSONAL AND SUBJECTIVE AND THE READERS ARE AT LIBERTY TO COMPLETELY DISAGREE]

Ever since I became Muslim and joined the school of Aal Muhammad (as), I have dabbled in a modest amount of metaphysical stuff to understand Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and gain proximity to Him.

But there is nothing like performing the amaal prescribed by the Ahlul Bayt(as) when it comes to gaining ma'rifah and qurbah. There is nothing like reading the Qur'an and their ahadith if one wishes to gain true gnosis. Each passing day convinces me that the kernel of irfan is nothing else but zuhd and it'at of Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, through which the servant ascends higher and higher through the various spiritual stages (maqaamaat), until the state of annihilation or fanaa is achieved, when his entire being is subsumed in the divine will, and what remains is that state of subsistence (baqaa) where his will becomes identical with the will of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. All that remains within the slave is not him, but 'Him'.

Music, stylized and synchronized rituals, and flamboyant turbans and robes are all mere artifices. Those who have tasted the fruit alone know its sweetness.

Thank you for this.

It seems that everyone respects the ones who wear a turban. One of the reasons that Muslims are told to be respectful of everyone is because there may be Awliya Allah (protector, helper, friend of God) among us who we do not recognize, because they don't wear a turban. Hurting Awliya Allah by our word or our deed would be a sin. 

• Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
On 12/7/2018 at 11:39 AM, Heavenly_Silk said:

Well thank u. I have no idea why I was chosen tho. 

• Forum Administrators
12 minutes ago, strength=Abbas said:

Well thank u. I have no idea why I was chosen tho. 

There doesn’t have to be reason, you’re a member here at SC snd we appreciate you! :) 

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

There doesn’t have to be reason, you’re a member here at SC snd we appreciate you! 

Aw, thank u then . I've always been so grateful for being a SC member :)

• Veteran Member

So I heard in a propaganda video that in Pakistan 60-70% of newborns are girls. Is this true? I have to say that recently I have only heard news about girls' births. I have a theory about it. There was a study which showed that good looking couples are more likely to have daughters and average looking couples are more likely to have sons. I think in Pakistan, only good looking girls are getting married, that's why majority of newborns are girls. Whatever the reason, this happening in a culture like Pakistan, people are FREAKING OUT. It's kind of amusing. 

• Forum Administrators

Congratulations to the ShiaChat Member of the Week! @Zaynab McCabe

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235035410-shiachat-member-of-the-week-chosen-every-friday/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-3186829

Edited by Hameedeh
Twitter image

• Forum Administrators
  • Veteran Member
35 minutes ago, eloquence said:

Why do men who have had very little luck with women give out such terrible advice for young guys that are earnestly looking for a partner :confused:

l think you need to define "luck".

Ayat 5:90-91 maysiri (gambling) 

Ayat 5:3  aziami (divination)

Guys who’ve had a bad time getting women or those who have had a bad experience with one.  Your experiences don’t define what an entire gender is like. I’ve had bad experiences with men and almost all of them did not measure up to my expectations. I will caution young girls to watch out for certain signs and the like, NOT tell them to lose all hope or to stop looking for what they want in men because perhaps I haven’t known a man with those characteristics. 

• Advanced Member
On 12/15/2018 at 4:32 AM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

But actually it is even worse, considering the majority of Syria supports Assad, while in France Macron and the gang are against the people

Video: Ayatollah Araki's message to yellow vest protesters

http://en.abna24.com/news//video-ayatollah-arakis-message-to-yellow-vest-protesters_921993.html

December 24, 2018 - 8:25 PM News Code : 921993 Source : Taghrib newsLink: 

AhlulBayt News Agency (ABNA): Secratary General of the World Forum for Proximity of the Islamic Schools of Thought, Ayatollah Mohsen Araki has sent a message to yellow vest protesters in Europe.

France Protests, the UK & Islam | BACKFIRE

http://islamicpulse.tv/videos