Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

21 hours ago, IbnSina said:

My father inlaw has passed away.

I ask all brothers and sisters to please recite Al Fatiha for him!

Are there any duas and amaals that anyone can recommend me?

@IbnSina

Sorry for your loss. May Allah give your wife and your family strength at this difficult time.

It's probably a bit late, but I found this thread on SC:

21 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Innaa lillahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji'oon. "Indeed to Allah we belong, and to Him we return." Holy Qur'an 2:156. (fatiha). Condolences for you and your family. 

Me, to my son: "Do you see that bright star there near the moon? That's not actually a star. That's the planet Venus."

Kid: "That one? How can you tell? It looks like all the other stars. Are you sure?"

Me: "I don't know how I know. It just is."

33 minutes ago, notme said:

Me, to my son: "Do you see that bright star there near the moon? That's not actually a star. That's the planet Venus."

Kid: "That one? How can you tell? It looks like all the other stars. Are you sure?"

You talk like one of them TV screchin' preachin' dunderheads.

50 minutes ago, notme said:

You mean, I don't remember how I know...

I had an interesting discussion with my sister regarding harram songs - ones that portray women in an overly sexualized way. My sister is totally okay with these type of songs as she says that regardless of the message (which she admits might be not that appropriate), these songs are just for fun and not supposed to be taken seriously. Man, what is wrong with this generation?  They are totally okay with songs that contradict the message of Islam, as long as the tune is catchy?  I'm so lost :(

On 4/19/2018 at 2:05 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I had an interesting discussion with my sister regarding harram songs - ones that portray women in an overly sexualized way. My sister is totally okay with these type of songs as she says that regardless of the message (which she admits might be not that appropriate), these songs are just for fun and not supposed to be taken seriously. Man, what is wrong with this generation?  They are totally okay with songs that contradict the message of Islam, as long as the tune is catchy?  I'm so lost :(

Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.  Very sad and I am lost too. We are living in "whatever" generation

On 4/16/2018 at 11:58 PM, IbnSina said:

Are there any duas and amaals that anyone can recommend me?

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.  Please accept my deepest condolences.  I would highly recommend to complete all his obligations (if any) and recite Ayatul Kursi every day three times

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

You talk like one of them TV screchin' preachin' dunderheads.

Actually I know because it wasn't in that location before, and it's too bright to be anything else, but at that time I couldn't find the words I needed. 

It was Venus, like I said. It was verifiable. I just didn't have verification on hand at the time. 

On 4/19/2018 at 2:05 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salaam, 

I've learnt to speak to people who they would prefer to be spoken.

I realized when I was advising my siblings about this topic. They viewed me as an elitist, which isn't exactly what I wanted. You have just got to remember, no one is going to be judged for someone else's sins.

Our generation doesn't like  recieving advice  unless they really want it or they've been hurt.

Now I just trying to lead by example, which has successfully started to show a slow impact on them.