Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rkazmi33 said:

I heard in a documentary about Scientology that every member gives  around $300,000 to the organization during a life-time. I feel that Shias are also becoming like that. I feel pressure from my community to increase my yearly income up to $100000. They tell me to either buy a house, start a business, or get admission in college to get masters or professional degree. I don't think I will get admission in a professional college, getting a masters degree won't increase my income, and of course my business will fail. I don't need to earn $100,000 a year because my expenses are not that much. But community has like 15 different projects and for those projects, they are always asking for money. I know a couple of middle aged people who have a debt of $200,000-$300,000. They don't earn a lot of money but I know they didn't collect all this debt due to poor spending habits. My guess is they spent a lot of money due to the community (socializing, maintaining living standard). Their income is not going to increase and they will probably die without paying their debt. My question is will they be held responsible for all this debt? I have a feeling I will also end up owing a lot of debt because people keep asking me for money. Are we becoming inspired by Scientology and is it really fair to expect each and every Shia in the west to contribute 200K or 300 K towards the community? 

The most ridiculous demand is they expect community to pay for education of students who are enrolled in professional colleges. All professional students take loans and pay off the loans later because they earn a lot of money after getting their degrees. Why Shia students cannot do the same? Why do I have to pay their fees? What will I get in return? 

Somebody has to go out and do the real work. It doesn't pay as well because it keeps the white collars employed. Christians are encouraged to give 10%...to the church. My studies say charity is charity, it comes from the heart, and means nothing if it's obliged. it doesn't have to be to one place, it doesn't have to be cash, (it can be time), and would God really expect you to live in debt so others don't have to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear many Sunni speakers emphasis the importance of displaying good akhlaq when it comes to talking to non-Muslims. You'll hear many who stress that good akhlaq invites people to your religion. However why does everyone justify bad akhlaq when it comes to us Shias? Why is hatred against a Muslim of another different sect justified?

You'll see people make videos mocking our scholars, dedicating Facebook pages to annihilate Shiism, laughing after seeing Shias being killed. After all, what is it really about Shias that aggravates these so called extremists? I don't see them worrying about Christians etc. (Not that they should).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Sunni speakers emphasis the importance of displaying good akhlaq when it comes to talking to non-Muslims.

45 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

justify bad akhlaq when it comes to us Shias?

Because we are worse than non-muslims maybe,in their eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Somebody has to go out and do the real work. It doesn't pay as well because it keeps the white collars employed. Christians are encouraged to give 10%...to the church. My studies say charity is charity, it comes from the heart, and means nothing if it's obliged. it doesn't have to be to one place, it doesn't have to be cash, (it can be time), and would God really expect you to live in debt so others don't have to? 

According to Shia Islam, you are only required to give 20% from your savings every year. I saw a documentary on Scientology and I noticed many similarities. My guess is there is a successful and powerful scientologist in my community and other people are just following that person blindly. Scientology teaches tools to be successful in career and in almost every family, there's at least one person who is earning more than $100,000. The families, who don't have doctors/ pharmacists/ businessmen end up taking a lot of debt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Is arbaeen 31 October this year? Anyone knows?

Salam in Iran it is  30 October in Calendar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Just got notified I have a wedding to go to, but I'm not gonna go. I'll act like I'm going but just when the wedding ceremony starts I'll dip and go somewhere else.

Man, that's not cool! You should let the organizer know instead of bailing at the last minute.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Man, that's not cool! You should let the organizer know instead of bailing at the last minute.

He never knew I came, I wasn't specifically invited. I was forced to go by some fam members, I don't even know who got married and don't really care either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Meanwhile israeli scum "soldiers" cheer on as they shoot unarmed Palestinians:

 

This reminds me of the movie Schlindler's List  where the Komandant of a Nazi labor camp shot  people for sport and laughs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 3:14 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Just because an angry emoji is introduced, don't use it like an immature kid for any answer you disagree with. 

Just saying.

I still think the sad emoji looks confused. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 9:34 PM, rkazmi33 said:

I heard in a documentary about Scientology that every member gives  around $300,000 to the organization during a life-time. I feel that Shias are also becoming like that. I feel pressure from my community to increase my yearly income up to $100000. They tell me to either buy a house, start a business, or get admission in college to get masters or professional degree. I don't think I will get admission in a professional college, getting a masters degree won't increase my income, and of course my business will fail. I don't need to earn $100,000 a year because my expenses are not that much. But community has like 15 different projects and for those projects, they are always asking for money. I know a couple of middle aged people who have a debt of $200,000-$300,000. They don't earn a lot of money but I know they didn't collect all this debt due to poor spending habits. My guess is they spent a lot of money due to the community (socializing, maintaining living standard). Their income is not going to increase and they will probably die without paying their debt. My question is will they be held responsible for all this debt? I have a feeling I will also end up owing a lot of debt because people keep asking me for money. Are we becoming inspired by Scientology and is it really fair to expect each and every Shia in the west to contribute 200K or 300 K towards the community? 

The most ridiculous demand is they expect community to pay for education of students who are enrolled in professional colleges. All professional students take loans and pay off the loans later because they earn a lot of money after getting their degrees. Why Shia students cannot do the same? Why do I have to pay their fees? What will I get in return? 

I don't know what community you are a part of but absolutely no one expects that where I'm at. Also: nobody makes that much money.

But overall if you are able to provide an interest-free loan to someone who otherwise would be taking an interest loan, that's an opportunity you should jump on because the blessings are innumerable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...