Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

@Heavenly_Silk.

I am happy for you, in three days, I am going back to college.

I’m going back in four. 

On 1/19/2018 at 4:46 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

@Heavenly_Silk.

I am happy for you, in three days, I am going back to college.

On 1/19/2018 at 6:00 PM, Islandsandmirrors said:

I’m going back in four. 

Good luck to both with going back. 

On 1/19/2018 at 7:23 AM, IbnSina said:

What do you mean planned martyrdom?

Could you define that?

That would be such things as going to war with a plan to find opportunity to die a hero.  Other sects quickly translate that to mean strapping on C4 and dying with the enemy. I'm sure that in Islam there are more examples.

10 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

That would be such things as going to war with a plan to find opportunity to die a hero.  Other sects quickly translate that to mean strapping on C4 and dying with the enemy. I'm sure that in Islam there are more examples.

Nobody goes to war with a plan to die, but everybody going is ready to die if it comes to that, at least if your motivation is out of love.

So when you see isis attacking the shrine of Zeynab(as) in Syria, the people that go to war do it out of love and just like you would die for your family so would they die for the ones they value more than their own family.

Strapping on a bomb to yourself and going to a busy market place to blow yourself and a bunch of innocent civilians you dont know up because its harder to live as a good man, is a whole different subject.

32 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Can anyone recommend me some UK based hajj caravan?

I heard that sheikh Muhammad al Hilli has his own caravan?

Not sure if he has his own group but if he does do go with him. He is the nicest,most patient,humble and pleasant person ever.

How do I stick to one book?

I start reading a nice book, but then I come across another book............... this continues and I just end up giving up.

Does this happen to anyone else? Or is it just me?

I need advice from SC book worms

8 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I start reading a nice book, but then I come across another book............... this continues and I just end up giving up.

Shaytaan prevents you from doing work... So you need to seek refuge in Allah from the cursed shaytaan, and try your best to focus.

Inshallah it goes well, brother.

16 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Dua for reading & understanding 

http://www.duas.org/student.htm

54 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

You don't have to! I am usually reading two or three books in parallel, each on a different subject and varying levels of difficulty.  That way I have a choice, depending on my situation and mood and I don't give up if I find a book tedious. Few minutes waiting for someone in the car or in a public place,read a book with small anecdotes or hadith/quotes. Half an hour free at work,I read something with needs more concentration, difficult books which require my full concentration and  effort to understand I save for those precious moments when everyone else is in bed. On days I am tired or when I am reading while eating I will pick up something lighter.

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

If you want to be, the very best, that no-one ever was. You must catch three books at a time, to read one is never a real cause. You must read across several books, searching far and wide, to take the interesting things, from each book, the power thats inside. 

2 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

If you want to be, the very best, that no-one ever was. You must catch three books at a time, to read one is never a real cause. You must read across several books, searching far and wide, to take the interesting things, from each book, the power thats inside. 

Nice rhyming!:)

39 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha: LOL I just realized you used the Pokemon theme song. I Can't believe I didn't get it the first time I read it.

Nice one :grin:

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

17 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha: LOL I just realized you used the Pokemon theme song. I Can't believe I didn't get it the first time I read it.

Nice one :grin:

7979421cf6ba9a478ff00aa77983f32de7b8f2c6

3 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I do that too. Right now I've got four open. One is from the library so I'm trying to focus on it so it is finished before time to return it, but I'm really excited about another that I just started on a completely different topic. 

Whenever a friend recommends a book, I plan to read it whether it is my typical choice or not. Reading recommended books isn't just about gaining from the reading; it also tells me something about the person recommending. And that's the third of the four, a book that a friend recommended. 

The fourth is by my 61st great grandfather. I'm not in a big hurry, but I'm enjoying picking it up once in a while. 

I wish my family members were bookworms. 

Sadly, I’m the only one in my family who reads. 

Thought: Google usually has large historical markers on its search page. People we never heard about. Things we don't really care about. l get the idea they promote Silicon Valley's "feel good" 'values'.

So what do l see Sunday night -the 28th's- displayed as a footnote. "Data Privacy Day".

Why not. Silly Valley sells our info to anyone. Even cheaply.

Guest silasun

Anyone know what I can do to fall asleep? My stoopid back and neck hurt like hell from stoopid fusball. I can't take ibuprofen because..... I'd have to go and make myself some food for that. And qeema is hardly appetising at this time, even for an uncivilised Iraqi like myself.

It's 2:38AM.

Counting them sheeps.

On 1/20/2018 at 4:17 PM, Son of Placid said:

We have traditions from Prophet (s) and his Ahlulbayt (a) which condemn these people.