Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

Man I really miss training martial arts, nowadays I only have time and opportunity to train with weights and thats what I have been doing for years but it is really boring.

I remember when I used to study in university, I used to have two bags and two food boxes with me to school every day, I would study from morning to night and then go train thai boxing and then straight to bed and repeat. It was hard but also nice. I remember getting my first white hair back then.

Nowadays its all junk food and minimal training, yesterday I worked 19 hours and ate pizza at midnight and the gym in the hotel is closed. Cant be healthy.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alhamdullilah, may Allah accept all of our good deeds, forgive all of our bad deeds, and allow us to reflect on the year and think about how we could better improve in the coming year. May he allow us

New year new thoughts thread!  Special thanks to a person who wishes to remain anonymous. 

The clothing of a woman depicts her upbringing by her father, the sense of honour (ghayrah) of her brother, the manliness of  her husband, her keenness to emulate her mother and above all, her conciou

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, notme said:

@IbnSina I hope you are able to rearrange your schedule so you can resume your martial arts studies. 

Thanks, it wasnt studies though, it was just training. I dont think I will be able to start any martial arts training again until I change my job, cant sign up for any classes or anything when I keep changing place and its no point paying like 6 or 12 months class back home when I am barely home.

Nice to see you got electricity back by the way :)

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

Assalamun alaikum wa rahmatullahi ta'ala wa barkatuh

I have realized over the past few days that maintaing our iman in un-Islamic, 'laicized' spaces such as secular universities is a challenge of immense proportions. Those of us who have access to an Islamic environment often take this rahmah from Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى for granted. Such an ambience, and the resources and guides that it provides, are a rizq for our iman.

On a somewhat related note, I find it pretty intriguing that while we have excellent literature within our scholastic tradition on how an Islamic government and society ought to be organized, the scholarly material on how Muslims ought to intellectually and politically conduct themselves in secular countries is quite scant in comparison.(I might, of course, be very wrong in my assessment, in which case the dear brothers and sisters may please enlighten me.) The little intervention in this regard, which has caught my attention, had come from a rather unexpected source- Ayatollah Sistani (ha), who usually maintains a much reserved stance when it comes to the nitty gritties of politics. His book 'A Code of Practice' is quite helpful in matters relating to social interactions, and to a lesser extent, political participation, in a predominantly secular environment. But a lot more needs to be done, and a lot more to  be built upon  these rudiments. I feel that both the ulama and the lay intelligentsia in our madhab should put their heads together and do something to remedy this lacuna.

What do the other brothers and sisters feel?

Allahumma salli ala Muhammadin wa Aali Muhammad.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, IbnSina said:

But none of that is really new though, its all different combinations of things you already know and have seen. And even if you have not seen it before you could have imagined how it would be before you got to see it.

I want to see something I have never seen before, something I can not even imagine, that would be exciting to me!

Yeah well sometimes, but there are new experiences as well. I'm very happy with that. I'd like to bungy jump and skydive! :)

So you're basically waiting for jennah? May Allah SWT grant it to you and the rest of us as well InshaAllah!

Edited by Carlzone
  • Forum Administrators

Congratulations to ShiaChat members who were Popular Contributors from October 2-15! 
@2Timeless @King @Ibn al-Hussain @Miss Wonderful @Guest One @IbnSina @Islandsandmirrors

THANK YOU to TEAM members who were popular contributors October 1 - 14. 

@notme @ShiaMan14 @Ashvazdanghe @Abu Hadi @Haji 2003 @Qa'im

Edited by Hameedeh
Tagging
  • Veteran Member

@Syrian Sister is an a long time SC member and has become quite famous in media as anti-war activist. Guardian called her a "Russian bot" and did not apologise when she challenged them.

You can follow her YouTube channel for updates.

• Veteran Member
15 minutes ago, Marbles said:

@Syrian Sister is an a long time SC member and has become quite famous in media as anti-war activist. Guardian called her a "Russian bot" and did not apologise when she challenged them.

Her profile says she hasn't been active here since 29April17.

How do you know it I her?

• Veteran Member

I get so many calls from Indian recruiters, but they have a telemarketing style. They never get me an interview offer, they just prolong the conversation and ask me stupid questions. If I don't pick up my cell phone, they call at my home phone number, and they keep calling me several times a day like I am the only candidate available. I don't understand what do they achieve with these phone calls? When they are doing telemarketing, at least they are trying to sell something, what do they get by calling unemployed people? Lonely poor indian men, this is their only chance to talk to a woman? And if they are in india/ Pakistan, are they hoping that they will be able to get attention from a US citizen and she will bring them to US? Am I being rude if I don't give them the satisfaction of being able to talk to a woman for half an hour? 

Edited by rkazmi33
  • Veteran Member

I am posting again in this thread. Anyone believes in Mandela effect? I recently discovered this and it makes so much sense to me. I remember few years ago, when Shia religion was so logical to me. Everything made sense and everyone was equal and it was easy to follow. But during the past few years, it seems like teachings have changed completely. This religion has become so hard to follow and all the devout followers are just evil, cruel people. I don't want to follow them and I don't want to become like them. I was so confused about if this is the same religion I was following for 30 years, when did it become so different? Now it all makes sense, I was in a parallel universe for 30 years, that universe was so much better filled with nice people and nice moral values where people were not so much obsessed with looks and they were not so complicated and twisted. I wish I could go back to that universe. 

• Moderators

Right now I have two dozen tabs open in two browsers, ten are of various Quran translations and commentaries and the rest on a myriad of  topics ranging from decorating cakes using Russian piping tips and how to make the perfect french macaroons to how kidneys handle extra acid in the body. My mind is buzzing and I can't seem to stop it even though I have been reminding myself that I need to focus or I won't get anything done. 

There needs to be counseling offered in our communities. Individual, couples, and family. Psychologists/psychiatrists should work together with Maulanas to help people solve  problems. There are so many things someone who doesn’t have training cannot help with. 

Edited by eloquence
  • Advanced Member

Salaam,

New here and just thinking that thus far, this place looks, reads and feels like the nicest Islam forum I've been on yet. :grin:

• Moderators
2 hours ago, eloquence said:

People still like this guy? I cannot........

3C82FC78-2C87-4657-B1A3-C8BBECD80D65.jpeg

[Edit] I feel like throwing up. 

Edited by starlight
  • Veteran Member
On 10/24/2018 at 8:57 PM, eloquence said:

There needs to be counseling offered in our communities. Individual, couples, and family. Psychologists/psychiatrists should work together with Maulanas to help people solve  problems. There are so many things someone who doesn’t have training cannot help with. 

I believe the problem tends to rely in the fact that we generally missinterpret the problems of the mind as the problems of the soul.

Anxiety, depression, complexes, etc. are not causes of lack of faith necessarily, nor solved by reinforcing one's faith necessarily. Each problem shall be treated in separate effective ways. Of course, combining helps, but we have to give psychology and psychiatry their proper respect.

Religion can be a very strong and effective guide for the human mind, especially through its recommended discipline and approach. Nonetheless, once you fall, it's not necessarily the way to move forward...

Edited by Bakir
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Laayla said:

I need a barf bag too.

If Tawheedi was walking in Arb3een, would you make it a point to talk to him or would you walk past him?

I prefer ignoring destructive people and perverts.

• Veteran Member

l cannot fathom why people believe in things that sound 'good' or sound idealistic.

To repeat nonsense to their friends so they appear more sophisticated than they really are?

l was looking for an old post of mine, yet only found this reference: https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235057528-so-how-much-are-conspiracy-theories-theories/?tab=comments#comment-3142852 

l tried to find the original, yet only have so far found this Drug-Crime report on 'banksters' and 'buy political influence'[a separate crime report] :  http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/about-unodc/speeches/2008-19-11.hmtl  which are a threat to US. Entitled Financial deception or Complicity with Evil? is a one page read. Organized crime has taken over some countries and/or benefitted from their own endemic corruption. And crime has been doing this here for always, only on a larger and sinister scale now. l remember the Wall Street Journal reporting in December 2000 that Texas banks were actually celebrating when Bush became President-Elect because they knew the banks will have -and did get- drug money to receive management fees from.

This 'influence' is not the kind of 'diversification' we need.

Note on Link: if the UN doc doesn't come up, in search enter: "Financial deception or" and it comes up.

Edited by hasanhh
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

We're all so alone in the end.

We are never alone, there is Someone closer to us than our jugulars, who is always there for us, someone who says: "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." (40:60)

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, starlight said:

We are never alone, there is Someone closer to us than our jugulars, who is always there for us, someone who says: "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." (40:60)

Why does SC not have the 'love' react !?