Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

Thurs,24May18/09Ramadhan'39

As you probably heard, Pres. Trump has written a letter to Leader Kim Jong-un cancelling the 12June Summit in Singappore.

Now in my thought, while the "Libya Model" remark by John Bolton was pretty much swept away and dismissed, the repetition of this by Vice-President Pence provoked denunciations by the DPRK, especially by Deputy FM Choi while in Russia on pre-Summit business. Bolton-is-Bolton as we have discussed on SC; yet l believe Pence would not have sabotaged the summit with his unacceptable remarks on his own, but if he has been promised something --like quick succession to Trump in 2020-- by the Bushies.

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Not when it used for promoting of a Bid  'ah

By your reasonning we should not listen to any qari of ahl al sunnah since they advocate in favor of sahaba over Ahl el beit (as).

1 minute ago, realizm said:

since they advocate in favor of sahaba over Ahl el beit (as).

No I Just say it about Tarawih.

12 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l am half-watching "Rise of the Robots".

ln the trailer a woman asks, "what if robots become smarter than we are?"

My thought, "robots are already 'smarter' than a few people l have known."

People have trouble with the "If, then, else." Too inconsistent, That's why we needed computers. Now we need them to do everything so we can get fat and lazy.

4 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

People have trouble with the "If, then, else." "lf-then" is a coding in Basic.

Too inconsistent,

That's why we needed computers. Now we need them to do everything so we can get fat and lazy. l already got that way.  :cry:

l saw some of the new "smart" homes they are building and trying to sell. Seems pretty d.u.m.b. to me. What happens when the electric power goes out and it's a cloudy, rainy day and the solar goes out?

Besides. l get confused enough as it is without the refrigerator talking to me.

Backbiting is horrible when you experience it. There is this guy (not my friend but I do occasionally talk to him) at uni who is in the same course as me. One of my friends told me that he was talking bad behind my back, and it kinda hurt me tbh. I never even thought he would say such stuff (I don't need to mention it here). Some people make me sick as they will act all nice in front of your face, but behind your back they might be uttering bad stuff.

I never considered him a friend (thank God), and I won't fall down to his level. The moment my friend told me that he was backbiting, I felt angry and the need to do the same. However I remembered the verse in Quran which instructs us to repel evil with good. I will forgive him although I'm never gonna look at him the same way.

My advice to all - Your iman is precious! Don't let certain toxic people affect your faith! They will try their best to drag you down to the level their souls are at. Have hope in Allah and do that which will pleases Allah, even if it goes against your will.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

23 hours ago, notme said:

Let me know if you can't read them, and I will transcribe. 

Here is the pdf version of this book. Maybe it will be easier for you to copy/paste.

https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani

4 hours ago, starlight said:

Here is the pdf version of this book. Maybe it will be easier for you to copy/paste.

https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani

I realized after posting that my images were sideways and upside down, but they confirmed what I had said from memory before, so I left it. 

I almost always remember what I read. Not quite photographic memory, but something similar. On the other hand, things I hear are good for maybe a day at best. 

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Backbiting is horrible when you experience it. .

But why would your friend come and tell you what the other guy said? How do you even know that this guy isn’t just trying to cause a stir? He’s creating fitna which is worse. I don’t get when people do that. 

8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l get confused enough as it is without the refrigerator talking to me.

If refrigerator doesn’t work I lose my hope .:hahaha:

20 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

He didn't answer :( I will send a private message to the institute and ask again after the session inshaAllah. 

Oh, thanks for trying though!

Yeah thats nice of you!

23 hours ago, notme said:

@IbnSina

Let me know if you can't read them, and I will transcribe. 

Thank you so much for taking the time!

Hmm so if I understood it correctly then theres two different solutions:

1. Follow the time of the nearest city with "normal" times with regards to fasting as well as prayer times.

2. One should still try according to the local times and if its not possible then one has to make up the fasts later as Qadha.

But which one is it?

3 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Thank you so much for taking the time!

Hmm so if I understood it correctly then theres two different solutions:

1. Follow the time of the nearest city with "normal" times with regards to fasting as well as prayer times.

2. One should still try according to the local times and if its not possible then one has to make up the fasts later as Qadha.

But which one is it?

As I understand it:

1. The first choice would be to avoid living in locations like this.

2. If that isn't feasible, follow the timings of the nearest city that has day and night.

3. If a person is unable to fast according to the timings of the nearest city with day and night, he or she should make up the fasts at a better time. 

Someone please correct me if I've misunderstood. 

Congratulations  #ShiaChat members who were Popular Contributors last week! 

@Ashvazdanghe @Islandsandmirrors @Christianlady @Maha_13 @IbnSina @ali_fatheroforphans @erik @Akbar673

3 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Israel supreme court rejects human right groups request to declare it unlawful for soldiers to shoot at unarmed civilians...

https://apnews.com/da582f11ad4443ddbf44ea6f2fc72c3a

That's really demented. 

And shocking that it needs its own law. They don't criminalize murder already?

On 5/24/2018 at 5:12 AM, Laayla said:

@rkazmi33

He wasn't suffering mental illness.  Hilarious.  He was suffering with his reputation back home in Pakistan having a child out of wedlock and zina.

That's three years in dunya in jail, he needs to do major tawba before his sentence in akheera.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

It's obvious his girlfriend was trying to trap him in a relationship by making him responsible for a kid. I guess it would have been better if he decided to have not one but many kids, stopped working, and just spent his life having kids with different women, and not worry about fulfilling any responsibility towards his kids. I posted this hoping that men would develop some empathy towards women. It's kind of a forced marriage situation which millions of women deal with. 

The Islamic punishment for abortion is only to pay blood money. Three years in jail is much bigger punishment than paying blood money (which he could easily afford since he was a doctor). 

Edited by rkazmi33