Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

1 minute ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Will this be streamed live on Ahlulbayt TV?

Not just ahlulbayt TV but also ahlebait,hadi and fadak TV. Less famous personalities like Ammar Nakhshwani, Husnain Rajabali etc have been given a backseat because this deserves top priority.

17 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Hmm, if im going to fly during the month of Ramadan and my flight is before the Dhuhr azaan.

Then I need to fast that day until I have traveled far enough to be counted as a traveler and THEN I can break my fast.

Is this correct?

Someone told me, if I am going to travel then I dont need to fast that day, so I can eat before the flight, but that does not sound right to me.

What you thought is correct; you absolutely cannot eat before the flight. You need to fast as usual and, once you're past the travel limit, your fast automatically breaks and only then can you eat.

How do the brothers/sisters here like sitcoms?
A regional thriller sitcom I used to follow has just wound up.

2 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

I saw some back in the 80s. Are there any new jokes out yet? I kind of figured if you've seen one, no need to see the same again. 

I don't have the attention span for TV anyway. Too many distractions. 

27 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

27Ramadhan1439

l'm sleepy, but if l go to sleep, l am afraid l'll miss iftar in six hours.

Ah, well . . . zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Good night, all.

Mashallah. Consider it a blessing that you can sleep for six hours straight. I can only sleep for four hours during the night, five if I am extremely tired but never more than five.

4 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

I used to watch a couple some years back but haven't watched any television in the last 8 years so no idea about the current ones.

6 hours ago, starlight said:

Mashallah. Consider it a blessing that you can sleep for six hours straight. I can only sleep for four hours during the night, five if I am extremely tired but never more than five.

I get that. Must stay up past 1 am if I want to sleep to 6. Don't like waking up at 4:30.

7 hours ago, starlight said:

Hmmmmmm. Either try melatonin twice a week, or send you kids over to your mothers thrice a week. (She is older than you so her nerves are already worn-out and her brain a child-related wit's-end.)

Prediction: l bet she'll laugh at this one.

BTW: l only got 4 hours.

Edited by hasanhh
BTW

13 hours ago, notme said:

I saw some back in the 80s. Are there any new jokes out yet? I kind of figured if you've seen one, no need to see the same again. 

I don't have the attention span for TV anyway. Too many distractions. 

10 hours ago, starlight said:

I used to watch a couple some years back but haven't watched any television in the last 8 years so no idea about the current ones.

Hmmm.....good to know that.
I know they're not great, but I watch some for relaxation, as they provide easy entertainment. No mental exertion etc. Good time-pass.

1 hour ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

provide easy entertainment. No mental exertion etc. Good time-pass.

Yeah I understand what you mean. I used to watch them for the same reason, feel good factor, easy laughs at the end of a stressful day.

5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Either try melatonin twice a week

No, I am happy with my sleep wake cycle. I don't want to waste more than five hours a day sleeping. On the rare days I end up sleeping more I usually wake up feeling depressed because of the time lost. 

2 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Hmmm.....good to know that.
I know they're not great, but I watch some for relaxation, as they provide easy entertainment. No mental exertion etc. Good time-pass.

Back in the 70s a Number One show was this idiotic thing entitled "the A-Team". The program was so mindless that research was done to identify what made the program so popular. The results were that people came home from work were so brain-tired they just wanted to, essentially, stare at something.

The program had the format: somebody needs help and goes to A-Team, A-Team moves in, bang-bang, one of them kisses the girl involved, end of show. Yeah. Really.

Now compare that with a 50s Western, TV or movie. White hat rides in, analyzes the problem, shoots the bad guys, kisses his horse instead of some hapless girl he found beside the trail, rides off into the sunset, end of show.  :clap:"Much more realistic".

5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Back in the 70s a Number One show was this idiotic thing entitled "the A-Team". The program was so mindless that research was done to identify what made the program so popular. The results were that people came home from work were so brain-tired they just wanted to, essentially, stare at something.

The program had the format: somebody needs help and goes to A-Team, A-Team moves in, bang-bang, one of them kisses the girl involved, end of show. Yeah. Really.

Now compare that with a 50s Western, TV or movie. White hat rides in, analyzes the problem, shoots the bad guys, kisses his horse instead of some hapless girl he found beside the trail, rides off into the sunset, end of show.  :clap:"Much more realistic".

I remember the A-Team. Mr. T could move mountains. They all did amazing things beyond comprehension. Always ended, "I love it when a plan comes together". I think there's a remake out, but see no reason to watch it. Comedy started to annoy me when three's company did the fake gay thing. May have been funny but opened the doors to real gay things. Now a comedy show has to have at least one gay couple, just to be acceptable comedy.

I have an antenna. I get 5 coherent channels. I watch the news when I'm in the house. Not much left of TV that fits the morals I grew up with.

I'd still rather my grandchildren watch unedited Bugs Bunny than what's on now.

3 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Comedy started to annoy me when three's company did the fake gay thing. May have been funny but opened the doors to real gay things. Now a comedy show has to have at least one gay couple, just to be acceptable comedy.

I have an antenna. I get 5 coherent channels. I watch the news when I'm in the house. Not much left of TV that fits the morals I grew up with.

We turned off cable TV in 2012 to save money. Moved twice since then and have not even tried to tune in the stations we might get with antenna. There is too much stuff that is inappropriate. :( 

Guest silasun
1 hour ago, Reza said:

It said “know” more, not necessarily “do” better.

Why you gotta kill it by proving him wrong bro:sorry:

You gotta admit that the iraqi lad owned you for a second.

9 hours ago, Reza said:

Interesting quote I found:

”Read three books on a topic and you know more about it than 99% of the world.”

I had no idea my expertise was so great. If only someone would pay me to share my knowledge. 

Also, I wonder how many of us know more than 99% of the world about Middle Earth or Hogwarts. :D

8 hours ago, Sumerian said:

I doubt I will know more about biryani than sister @starlight even if I read 100 books. 

Facts

:cry: "Sad, Bro. Sad. Inverted sexism. How can you say any girl is a better cook because she's a girl. You know perfectly well that the most famous cooks were and are MEN. Mostly in France and ltaIy."

On 6/14/2018 at 4:05 PM, hasanhh said:

:cry: "Sad, Bro. Sad. Inverted sexism. How can you say any girl is a better cook because she's a girl. You know perfectly well that the most famous cooks were and are MEN. Mostly in France and ltaIy."

I'm a great cook. Just that my wife doesn't like everything fried.

I made an Instagram account and I decided I will only follow celebrities I like. I am now following 81 people and so far I have only included Pakistani celebrities (50% of them are women). Why is it so hard to like people in real life? Is it because celebrities have charming personalities? That's the whole reason for their fame? Anyway, it's a good source of distraction. If I give likes on their pictures, does that count as my daily act of kindness? 

Edited by rkazmi33