Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

On 01/01/2018 at 5:30 PM, hasanhh said:

Over in the PoorJoke thread, l posted this morning that in readying for wudu, l couldn't tell if my feet or the bare floor were the coldest.

Tomorrow, the local weather hysteric is 'predicting' "record cold".

Where in the heck is the global warming Trump promised US ?

:ranting: "And it is getting cold down here, too."

How are you surviving in the cold? From the pictures i'm seeing, it's like being on the moon of Jupiter. 

3 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

How are you surviving in the cold? 

They're now predicting something they call a "bomb cyclone". Sounds dramatic. Anyone here been hit yet? 

7 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

How are you surviving in the cold? From the pictures i'm seeing, it's like being on the moon of Jupiter. 

l went to Arctic Warfare skool, so l do ok.

l have the thermostat at 61'F. And have a little space heater on low at my feet since l am not moving around.

l had to look this up ~10 days ago. The temperature records that is. ln 1965 we had a warm Xmas Eve and l asked my Dad should we drain the waterlines to/for the cattle. He said a 'no' because he thought it would stay warm. Of course it froze overnight when the local city temperature hit 28'F. So we spent Xmas morning thawing the steel water pipes which ran over the augur feeder to the trough with little bowls of burning kerosene. lt took about 3 hours as the feeder alone was 75 feet (~24m). Finally we got the water flowing to fill the trough. What l found unusual was that the glove l held the kerosene in was stuck-froze to my hand.

On 1/1/2018 at 8:35 AM, notme said:

We are starting the year with temperature too cold for the heat pump to work! My toes froze! (Not really, but it's a bit chilly here.)

New Years Eve, -38C, New years day, a balmy -7. 2018 is already better than 2017. 

6 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

New Years Eve, -38C, New years day, a balmy -7. 2018 is already better than 2017. 

My God.

It was like a freezer or something ? 

And did you hear Trump saying the cold weather is a sign that Global Warming is good.

21 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

New Years Eve, -38C

Pah, that's barely plug-in-the-car weather. :coffee:

I think it might've dropped to a nighttime low of -50 degrees with the windchill here last week.

15 hours ago, Hassan- said:

Don't argue with ignorant people. They'll dumb you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Yes, our holy 1st Imam gave us this advice:

"The moment you start arguing with an ignorant fool, you have already lost" ~ Imam Ali (a.s).