Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

So it is wajib for women to put down their elbows in sajjda?

These actions are not Wajib ,they are Mustahab.:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

So it is wajib for women to put down their elbows in sajjda?

These actions are not Wajib ,they are Mustahab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/merits-soul-patience-sabr

A short but excellent piece on sabr explaining what is sabr,how it should be practised and the stages of ma'arifah that can be achieved by doing Sabr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Uh, I can't speak for women but, far as I know, it is wajib for men that their elbows are above the ground during sujood.

Yes, thats also my understanding.

Is there any praying women whos reading this who can enlighten us regarding the ruling for women?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Is there any praying women whos reading this who can enlighten us regarding the ruling for women?

During the sujood of the prayer, it is mustahab for women to rest their elbows on the ground or floor, but it is mustahab for men to lift their elbows off the ground or floor. See the word elbows at these links:

http://leader.ir/en/content/20122/To-put-elbows-on-the-ground-in-prostration

http://www.al-islam.org/laws/rulesofnamaaz3.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

During the sujood of the prayer, it is mustahab for women to rest their elbows on the ground or floor, but it is mustahab for men to lift their elbows off the ground or floor. See the word elbows at these links:

http://leader.ir/en/content/20122/To-put-elbows-on-the-ground-in-prostration

http://www.al-islam.org/laws/rulesofnamaaz3.html

Aha, so it is mustahab in both cases, thats news to me, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

If a women is praying next to me, how far back does she need to stand?

From my understanding the place of her head in sajjda can at minimum distance be in line with the place of my knees when I am sajjda.

Yes, the knee is the known minimum limit, however, if you have plenty of room she can pray behind you. Women can be slow to rise from their sujood, especially if they are tired, ill or pregnant. It's possible that when you rise from sujood she might be slow in rising from sujood and seeing her from the corner of your eye might distract you from your prayer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:47 PM, starlight said:

Give her a call,ask her if she's okay. Maybe she isn't well or overwhelmed with work and looking after a child in which case you can offer to go over and help. 

5 days. So l took up your suggestion.

5 rings. "Hello", she said. "Happy Mother's Day!" l said. "Thank You.  l'II call you in the morning. Bye."

:ranting: "Now wait until she wants me to baby sit again."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Ramadan is going to be fun this year, gonna have the pleasure of fasting and breaking my fast alone.

Your never alone brother, you have at least two angels Raqib and Atid (the writer of deeds/words/thoughts) and Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى by you at all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Ramadan is going to be fun this year, gonna have the pleasure of fasting and breaking my fast alone.

Brother, be careful about your nutrition. Eat and drink healthy foods to start and break your fast. Oily foods might taste good but eventually make you feel sick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

How so? What I meant is that those angels or Allah aren't gonna fast with me are they?

Yet they are there with you. Do you know what angels do when unto themselves? Plus you are ascribing an attribute to Allah-s.w.t. that is not revealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hameedeh said:

Brother, be careful about your nutrition. Eat and drink healthy foods to start and break your fast. Oily foods might taste good but eventually make you feel sick. 

 Well I'm gonna be eating once a day, not much time we got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Yet they are there with you. Do you know what angels do when unto themselves? Plus you are ascribing an attribute to Allah-s.w.t. that is not revealed.

Can I see or hear them? Can I have a conversation with them? That's what i mean by it doesn't count. How am I ascribing an attribute to Allah?

Edited by laithAlIRAQI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

 How am I ascribing an attribute to Allah?

Can you find "the Faster" or "the Fasting" ?  :angry:

Edited by hasanhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

OK, then. (Amerikan expression in context and tone = you know l am correct)

Don't really know what you're talking about,  but ok then.

Anyways, goodnight. 

Edited by laithAlIRAQI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Probably gonna fail the crappy practical test for lorries for the third time tomorrow.

InshaAllah you will make it bro!

I passed the arabic exam earlier today, didnt think I would pass it to be honest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow is the day of al-Nakbah and it is the day that the criminal state of israel was formed thru the stealing of land, killing of people and by the help of the UK. And today is the day that the US decides to move its embassy to Jerusalem, saying it is the capital of the criminal state of israel.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Palestinian_exodus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We bought this new house recently, a great house for investment, slightly old. It has been vacant for quite a while. However, recently someone cutt off all the pipe connections outside (maybe to steal it and make money), so we literally have no water and gas. The connections were all perfect a while back. Gosh some people can be so annoying, causing unncessesary hassle  :(:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has taken the West 2 millennia to better the Roman Empire in pacifying its populace.

Rome: Bread and Circus

late 20th Century West: Bread, Television and professional sports.

Amerika in the 21st Century: Bread and video games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

We bought this new house recently, a great house for investment, slightly old. It has been vacant for quite a while. However, recently someone cutt off all the pipe connections outside (maybe to steal it and make money), so we literally have no water and gas. The connections were all perfect a while back. Gosh some people can be so annoying, causing unncessesary hassle  :(:(

Ask the neighbors if they saw anything. Even if they say no they never saw the vandalism, at least you met them and then you can give them your phone number. After you get the repairs done on the house, talk to them again and ask them to call the police if they see anyone messing around your house. After they call police then they should call you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...