Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

On 4/13/2018 at 12:24 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Ramadan is just amazing. Suddenly every act of worship becomes so much more meaningful. We find it so joyful to practice taqwa. The thought of sinning doesn't even cross our mind, as we literally surrender our souls to Allah. Waking up for Suhoor, talking to family, praying after the azan etc. Is just so spiritually uplifting. Seeing family members pray and do something for the sake of Allah, regardless of what level they're at in terms of piety, is just satisfying. Ramadan unites families and it teaches them to not view faith as just an individual thing. Nowadays it makes me sad how disunited my family is in terms of religion, no discussions, no duas, no lectures etc. It just seems that the spirit of unity that Islam promoted is just not there anymore. I really miss Ramadan.

Honestly, Ramadan is just a blessing, no exaggeration. There is so much in this blessed month if we just contemplate even for fraction of a second. We all need to already start preparing for Ramadan, mentally, physically and spiritually. Don't let this blessed month pass without achieving nearness to Allah. 

The month of Ramadan is what turns our hearts of stone into flesh again, what normalizes our hearts and bring us back to reality. It revolutionizes ourselves. 

The month of Muharram is what sets our hearts on fire, what makes us cry out against oppression. It revolutionizes societies. 

59 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

The month of Ramadan is what turns our hearts of stone into flesh again, what normalizes our hearts and bring us back to reality. It revolutionizes ourselves. 

The month of Muharram is what sets our hearts on fire, what makes us cry out against oppression. It revolutionizes societies. 

People seem to forget the month of shabaan and the month of Rajaab, they are important stage to ramadan.

People only put effort to remember imam Hussein in muharam, but what did I hear? Every day is a ashura, people will soon realize that life would not be about complaining with time. Months are there but people fail to realize the meaning of the months. We cry when we fail a test, and we have parents whom care more about status, but what if we for once look at Imam Hussein, what was his agenda? What was he fighting for? Cause If he was fighting for fame.... Then dude, then you should not consider to be muslim. 

Edited by Hamodiii

I was recently on a work trip in Egypt and while there I praying in a empty masjid and as I was praying one of the sunnis entered the mosque and joined my prayer. I was a bit confused about what to do as this was the first time this happened to me. So I just continued my prayer but he got a bit surprised by the end of it I think because it was only a 2 rakah travelers prayer and not a 4 rakah prayer. Does anyone know the sunni teachings about entering a already started prayer? Would be good to know.

The egyptians I worked with would ask if I am shia and when I said yes some interesting discussions would follow. I was amazed at how little they actually knew about shiism. I would explain to them why we pray on the turba, our view on shirk and tawassul and how we see islamic leadership, they would tell me that they are happy they met me because I gave them another perspective.

It really strikes me how little they actually know of shiism and when you would explain it to them they would generally be open minded and consider what you are saying.

Same thing happened when I got into the cab on my way home from the airport, the driver was a somali man. I started to talk to him about the history of somalia and how the world wars affected it and by extend was a great driver in todays chaos. Then he asked me what my name was and when I told him my name he said it is a nice name, I looked at his badge and his name was Hussein, I said to him your name is better. Do you know who was the first person with that name? I said you name was told by the arch angel Gabriel to Rasulullah(S), given by Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.

We continued to discuss Hussein(as). We both agreed that yazeed(la) was horrible and unjust but when I asked him about muawiya(la) he said he loved him. I asked him why? He said because shias hate him, he didnt know I was shia at this point. I said: so you love him just because someone ells hates him? I asked him what he knows about muawiya, I asked do you know who the mother of muawiya was? He did not know, so I informed him, I asked him do you know who the father of muawiya was? He did not know, so I informed him. I said to him, I am shia and I will tell you why we hate him. 

I said to him, do you know that muawiya fought against the caliph of his time, is that a small crime? That he not only caused the first fitna (battle of jamal) in islams history but also the second one (battle of siffin) leading to more fitna(battle of nahrawan)? How many muslims died because of him and how did these fitnas affect islamic empire and what it could have been? He was truly ignorant about muawiya.

By the end of it he said that he agrees muawiya did a lot of wrongdoings, so I asked him how can you love someone who did a lot of wrongdoings? He said because he was a sahaba, I said, just because someone is a sahaba that does not make them a saint. Muawiya(la) ordered the mimbars to curse Imam Ali(as), did you know this? I told him. How can you love a man who you say did a lot of wrongdoings and also cursed the other man you say you love?

I said to him, you cannot think highly of muawiya(la) because he knew his son much better than we did, yet he passed leadership to him. Is this sound judgement? Was his aim to better islam?

He said, you know you are shia and I agree with much of what you say and I have no problem with you, its those ithna asharia shias, they hate sunnis because Umar killed their majoos king, they are majoos. They hate the caliphs and the sunnis. I said to him I am ithna asharia and I do not hate you nor I am I a majoos. I said to him, it is true that we do not like the caliphs and that we do not agree with the way calipha was chosen. I said to him, islamic leadership is chosen by Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى just like He has chosen his Prophets(pbut) and if you like the caliphs then that is your opinion and if i do not like the caliphs, that is my opinion. But there is no reason for us to hate each other, in fact you are not my brothers, you are a part of me and we are one.

I refereed back to the world wars and how the house of saud and wahabism came to rise, I said to him, do you see how africa got into chaos and disunion? So did Islam after the rise of the saud by the help of the brits, their takfiri ideology that spreads hatred among muslims came into power with them. Saudi Arabia was not always called saudi arabia, it was called arabia before. Now they are turning Mecca into some kind of las vegas and think it is a money making machine for them, they want to open beach resorts with alcohol, you will see their hypocrisy made clear. He agreed that MBS was a horrible leader and muslim. I said to him that the enemy knew what would happen if they left the middle east alone, they saw that it was a place of rich resources and a common religion to unite the people, they would not leave it alone so they made sure a extremist takfiri ideology like wahabism came into power. And today you go to the mosque that the saudis built and listen you the sheikh that the saudis payed to speak and you hear these lies about shias that spread hatred and disunion among muslims. I said, do you know wahabism says that all other schools in sunnism are wrong? They are not only saying this about shias but about other sunnis as well.

I said when the muslims conquered Mecca, the parents of muawiya(la) became muslims, but they did not become muslims out of faith, they did so out of socio-political reasons to maintain their power and wealth in their society, they knew that if they did not say that they are now muslims they would either be thrown out or killed, loosing all their wealth and power. And it is exactly the same case with the house of saud, they could not care less about islam, but if they were to say that they are not muslims, the people would throw them out. Their religion is not islam, their religion is money.

By the end of the cab ride he also said he was very happy to have met me and talked to me because he had only seen one side of it. I said you know if you believe what I say or not believe what I say, I will not gain or lose anything, all I am saying is history, you should look at the history of islam again and study it.

I think most of our sunnis brother and sisters are more open minded than we think and if you discuss with them in a polite and civilized manner you would see that they are open to information. It is just a sad when I see shias openly and loudly send laana on the caliphs and Aisha because these sunnis have been told from day 1 to love these people so when some shias start a conversation by cursing their loved ones, they will automatically go into self defense mode and anything you would say after that will not be heard. It is like trying to convince someone that their mother is not such a nice person by starting to curse her right of the bat.

When shias sends laana openly and loudly these takfiri wahabi sheikhs speaking in the mosques gets their ammunition to instill hatred in the milions of sunnis. And the milions of sunnis are not scholars and hard believers of wahabism, they are every day muslims, raised to be muslims and told from day one: love the sahaba, sunnah, biddah, biddah, etc.They do not study the history of islam, the biographies and most certainly not the shia school of thought. So please reserve them the right to be informed or at least share the information you have even if it wont be considered before starting to openly and loudly curse the people they currently revere.

When I was 15 we went on a school trip to the Soviet Union (as it was then). I think I posted a few pics from that trip here, a few years ago.

Anyway, I was looking for some books in our storage boxes and came across the diary I had kept from that trip. Daughter immediately wanted to read it. Here's a page:

IMG_1792.thumb.jpg.446740543d6c417e794db52de8fb3e80.jpg

I am hoping someone can help me. I have tried looking it up but I have either over looked or not looked in the right places. My question is, is it wajib to wipe wash over the palms of the hand during wudhu? I have always stopped right where my palm starts on the inside of my arm. Basically only washing the brown parts of my arm and top of my hand. Is this correct? 

14 minutes ago, ireallywannaknow said:

and top of my hand. Is this correct? 

Washing is not wajib the wiping is enough ,As I know it's correct.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Washing is not wajib the wiping is enough ,As I know it's correct.

Okay I got confirmation. You must wash your palm too while performing wudhu. Don't know where I got that idea from that you don't wash your palms. :confused: now I must begin making up 16 years worth of prayers, but I am excited to finally be making wudhu correctly and hopefully having my salats accepted from now on :pushup2:

On 5/1/2018 at 10:26 PM, ireallywannaknow said:

Okay I got confirmation. You must wash your palm too while performing wudhu. Don't know where I got that idea from that you don't wash your palms. :confused: now I must begin making up 16 years worth of prayers, but I am excited to finally be making wudhu correctly and hopefully having my salats accepted from now on :pushup2:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Sister, you would not wash until the tips of your fingers?  Inside and out.

You would stop at the wrist?

Your parents never saw how you preformed wudthu?

Alhamd'Allah you found out sooner than later.  God bless you.

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

3 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Sister, you would not wash until the tips of your fingers?  Inside and out.

You would stop at the wrist?

Your parents never saw how you preformed wudthu?

Alhamd'Allah you found out sooner than later.  God bless you.

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

Wa alaikum salam, I'm sure people have seen me, no one has ever mentioned anything to me. 

On 5/1/2018 at 12:26 PM, ireallywannaknow said:

If you didn’t know, you don’t have to make up sixteen years worth of missed prayers. If you intentionally did so knowing it was wrong you would then have to make them up. 

A similar thing happened to a family member. She converted to Islam from Christianity and for fifteen years she prayed and made wuthu with nail polish on because no one had told her to pray without it. 

After she learned that nail polish is not supposed to be on her nails during wuthu, she stopped applying it.

just ask for forgiveness and start performing it correctly from now on.

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

2 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

If you didn’t know, you don’t have to make up sixteen years worth of missed prayers. If you intentionally did so knowing it was wrong you would then have to make them up. 

A similar thing happened to a family member. She converted to Islam from Christianity and for fifteen years she prayed and made wuthu with nail polish on because no one had told her to pray without it. 

After she learned that nail polish is not supposed to be on her nails during wuthu, she stopped applying it.

just ask for forgiveness and start performing it correctly from now on.

Thanks but the rules for wudhu and ghusl are strict and mistakes like not washing a part that you are supposed to, even in ignorance, means you have to repeat the prayers that you made. I have checked on marja websites and have spoken to a sheikh about it. Alhamdulillah, Allah knows best. All I can do is try. 

Does anyone else think it's strange that on one hand, Kardashian sisters are so bold, earning money by selling their bodies, and earning money by every haram means. On the other hand, they are acting like noble middle class eastern housewives. I mean they all choose losers to date, give money and so much to those losers and then those losers embarrass them in front of whole world and they still stay with these losers and they have become baby making machines. Khloe Kardashian doesn't want to react about his boyfriend cheating because she is only focused on her baby right now. Because after a woman becomes a mother, she is not allowed to feel or think anything about herself and she should stay with a bad man because of her kids. I am waiting for the day when parents will start giving examples of Kardashian sisters to their daughters. 'Look at them, they are celebrities, so rich, still they are giving so many sacrifices for their loser husbands and kids. Why cannot you become like them?' 

15 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

'Look at them, they are celebrities, so rich, still they are giving so many sacrifices for their loser husbands and kids. Why cannot you become like them?' 

"Because they are trash, Baba.", woe is the day when the Kardashians become something to aspire to in the Ummah.

11 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

"Because they are trash, Baba.", woe is the day when the Kardashians become something to aspire to in the Ummah.

I agree. Muslim parents probably won't ever make them role models, but they have so many followers. They may be able to bring a change in western culture. I am just surprised how one person can act both like a devil and a saint. 

33 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Why? That is human nature for you,  people are never purely good or bad.

They are selfish, spoiled and entitled. It's hard for such people to be selfless or to give sacrifice. I am pretty sure I cannot sacrifice so much for anyone. 

Forgive a 'bad', fatalistic thought, but new strong tremors and earthquakes have rumbled Kilauea volcanoe tonight.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/evacuations-ordered-as-hawaiis-kilauea-volcano-erupts/70004853  -about 45 minutes ago.

So, will it slide into the Pacific (Latitude ~21degrees North) as did Mount St. Helens' slope collapsed?????

The fissure is not too far from the oceanic cliff and the water.

Congratulations to ShiaChat members who were Popular Contributors last week!* 

@Ashvazdanghe @IbnSina @ali_fatheroforphans @shadow_of_light @Mohamed1993 @rkazmi33 @Arminmo  

Thank you Team members who were popular contributors last week! @Abu Hadi @ShiaChat Mod @notme @repenter @Gaius I. Caesar @wolverine

^^^^ Follow-on:

Another source gave the Latitude as 19degrees.  :confused:

Source: DeutscheWelle, 05May18, geologists say this fissure activity can "shut-off tomorrow" or last for months and more. This activity level was last seen in 1955.

1 hour ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

My mother woke me and my father up in the middle of the night and told us my sister crashed in another city. turns out she killed a cow lol, poor cow.

Al-Fatiha for Al-Baqarah. 

5 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

My mother woke me and my father up in the middle of the night and told us my sister crashed in another city. turns out she killed a cow lol, poor cow.

l hope your sister pays for this carelessness. Do you know how much cows cost around here? More than a dollar per pound, on the hoof.

"Poor cow" ?  Poor car!

:D

Heartless-Hasan

30 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l hope your sister pays for this carelessness. Do you know how much cows cost around here? More than a dollar per pound, on the hoof.

"Poor cow" ?  Poor car!

:D

Heartless-Hasan

What carelessness? It was in the middle of the night and the cow was lost and walking on the motorway, i think it was suicidal lol. And yeah both the cow and car are dead.

16 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

What carelessness? It was in the middle of the night and the cow was lost and walking on the motorway, i think it was suicidal lol. And yeah both the cow and car are dead.

I'm hoping sister is all right. 

I'm in the country and I've learned to always travel at a speed that allows me to see past my stopping distance. There's cows, horses, goats, deer, and at least one moose to watch for.