Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Veteran Member
23 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I had an interesting discussion with my sister regarding harram songs - ones that portray women in an overly sexualized way. My sister is totally okay with these type of songs as she says that regardless of the message (which she admits might be not that appropriate), these songs are just for fun and not supposed to be taken seriously. Man, what is wrong with this generation?  They are totally okay with songs that contradict the message of Islam, as long as the tune is catchy?  I'm so lost :(

Supply and demand. The American music industry followed the hearts of the wicked. Loosened morals to the point that those with morals are persecuted and shunned. It makes light the sins of the world. The rebellion started around the time of prohibition, worked it's way up to rock n roll. By the 50's 60's they were cute silly love songs, by mid 70's it was blatant Sex and drugs and rock and roll. It really hasn't gotten any better. The lyrics became obscure, in some cases make absolutely no logical sense. they accompany the music rather than send a clear message, and don't forget the Rainman. 

It's a slippery slope. Music is very alluring. You should lovingly advise your sister to take notice when she sings contrary to what she knows to be right and the need to deal with it in her heart. Yes, she sings when nobody is listening.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alhamdullilah, may Allah accept all of our good deeds, forgive all of our bad deeds, and allow us to reflect on the year and think about how we could better improve in the coming year. May he allow us

New year new thoughts thread!  Special thanks to a person who wishes to remain anonymous. 

The clothing of a woman depicts her upbringing by her father, the sense of honour (ghayrah) of her brother, the manliness of  her husband, her keenness to emulate her mother and above all, her conciou

Posted Images

• Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, حسين said:

I can't seem to edit my comment in this thread. If a mod or admin could fix it the corrections, and then delete this comment when it's done that would be lovely.

It's okay, we got that. I know what you are saying. people are so emotionally fragile. If you say something that they don't want to hear, it's offensive and the main theme is lost. It's a well practiced escape route that has become the norm. 

Politicts and Religion is one, and with it, surely Imam Mahdi will win, cause everyone who has Allah beside him will win, now or back then. Being loved by Allah is the best reward, his closeness is way better than any Jannah.

Al-hamdiuillah shukr.

Remember to be grateful always that you are in the right religion.

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

A good way to humble yourself is to write down every sin you have comitted (if you can remember) on a piece of paper and every vice within your soul. Be hard on yourself. Judge yourself before the angel of death approaches you. If you find that your words exceeds at least a page, then seek forgiveness from Allah. 

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans
10 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

A good way to humble yourself is to write down every sin you have comitted (if you can remember) on a piece of paper and every vice within your soul. Be hard on yourself. Judge yourself before the angel of death approaches you. If you find that your words exceeds at least a page, then seek forgiveness from Allah. 

Constant astagfurillah is good.

• Veteran Member
37 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

A good way to humble yourself is to write down every sin you have committed--What? You want an encyclopedia?

(if you can remember) Allah -s.w.t. does, perfectly. Me? l can't remember what l had for breakfast yesterday.

on a piece of paper -- @notme and other tree-huggers ain't gonna like this here waste of resources

and every vice within your soul.  :cry:

Be hard on yourself. :accident:

Judge yourself before the angel of death approaches you.  :scarerun:  "Uh, not possible." "Besides, if we exercise any judgment beforehand we are more incline to behave ourselves."

If you find that your words exceeds at least a page, then seek forgiveness from Allah. ? Adam did one thing. So do any of us need more than one  thing to repent?

In addition, all l have to do to feel humble is to look at my bank statement.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

In addition, all l have to do to feel humble is to look at my bank statement.

The bank statement technique is not safe as you're at the risk of getting a heart attack.

• Forum Administrators
On 19/04/2018 at 6:51 PM, notme said:

All the old people in my neighborhood are having their beautiful big trees cut down.

My mum has a thing against trees, in autumn the leaves are a real pain for her to sweep up. We tell her she can just leave them be, but no.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

My mum has a thing against trees, in autumn the leaves are a real pain for her to sweep up. We tell her she can just leave them be, but no.

That might be the case for one person - she commented once that I was going to have to rake the leaves on my lawn. She does her own lawn work, as much as she is able, and she refuses when I've offered to help. But the other person hires a lawn service, which comes weekly and keeps his property looking like a small golf course. 

I lamented to my husband about it, and he immediately started researching fruit trees that grow well in our area. I'm guessing he agrees with planting trees, and has an opinion on what kind. 

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, notme said:

I lamented to my husband about it, and he immediately started researching fruit trees that grow well in our area.

I do know that the insurance companies around here have their eyes on certain trees and proximity to property given the possible damage to foundations.

On ۱۳۹۷/۱/۳۰ at 10:21 PM, notme said:

I don't understand why they want to cut down perfectly healthy trees that give them shade and make their properties beautiful, especially the ones planted by now-deceased loved ones. 

It’s an Iranian quote that who cuts trees ,shortens his/her life.

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Which means what

It means who damages nature causes that his/her life span reduced.:grin:

I really recommend this online free course for those who wanna master their Quranic Tajweed. This course covers the very basic, so it's for everyone.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans
  • Development Team
7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

^^^^^^^ THouGHT :   OMG, what an ego.

Reminiscent of roman emperors.

:D

Such a remark, reminiscent of haughty senators and plebeians of yore.

In  all seriousness though, I wasn't trying to be egotistical.  I was just trying to be humble.

• Forum Administrators
26 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Is miswak still a popular item in the ME?

Toothbrushes are available in all countries now, but miswak is a popular souvenir that most people have never seen before. :) 

• Veteran Member
3 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Toothbrushes are available in all countries now, but miswak is a popular souvenir that most people have never seen before. :) 

Nor heard of. 

Tried it for the first time today. The aroma reminds me of some of the Muslims that used to come to my office. Now I know why.

Studies show they are as effective as tooth brushes.

• Veteran Member
7 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Nor heard of. 

Tried it for the first time today. The aroma reminds me of some of the Muslims that used to come to my office. Now I know why.

Studies show they are as effective as tooth brushes.

Any stick will do. They have various tastes.

Women should look at themselves in the mirror thinking I am looking nice instead of looking at themselves, and thinking I am ugly. Secondly instead of thinking this is my body I can do whatever I want with it? Think like this, this is my body and I am beauitful and no one can touch it only the one who deserves it, in this case your husband, you have a power, don't ruin it. May Allah be with you.

Men should look at themselves in the mirror and instead of having low esteem, they should feel confident cause surely Allah loves the strong, and in the mirror remind yourself you are not an animal who rushes to animal desires, cause surely they are vain desires, and surely women are not objects that belongs to you, surely we all belong to Allah, the one true God.

Thank you, ShiaChat.

• Advanced Member
On 4/13/2018 at 12:24 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Ramadan is just amazing. Suddenly every act of worship becomes so much more meaningful. We find it so joyful to practice taqwa. The thought of sinning doesn't even cross our mind, as we literally surrender our souls to Allah. Waking up for Suhoor, talking to family, praying after the azan etc. Is just so spiritually uplifting. Seeing family members pray and do something for the sake of Allah, regardless of what level they're at in terms of piety, is just satisfying. Ramadan unites families and it teaches them to not view faith as just an individual thing. Nowadays it makes me sad how disunited my family is in terms of religion, no discussions, no duas, no lectures etc. It just seems that the spirit of unity that Islam promoted is just not there anymore. I really miss Ramadan.

Honestly, Ramadan is just a blessing, no exaggeration. There is so much in this blessed month if we just contemplate even for fraction of a second. We all need to already start preparing for Ramadan, mentally, physically and spiritually. Don't let this blessed month pass without achieving nearness to Allah. 

The month of Ramadan is what turns our hearts of stone into flesh again, what normalizes our hearts and bring us back to reality. It revolutionizes ourselves. 

The month of Muharram is what sets our hearts on fire, what makes us cry out against oppression. It revolutionizes societies.