Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mohammadi_follower

What do think about demonstrations in Iran

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I think what the Iranian people and others should realize is that if you compromise with the real axis of evil (US, Saudi, Israel) you get nothing in return. Look, the past two years Iran has opened up completely to the Inspections regime and abided by their contract. What has happened is that most of the sanctions are still in place, and whatever sanctions were lifted Trump is constantly threatening to reimpose, US is how threatening other governments that if they do business with Iran, they will not be able to do business with the US. Basically attempting to impose an economic boycott thru other means (and the usual means) which is an act of war, even though Iran is abiding by the terms of the agreement. That is why I think most of the protesters are seeking reforms within the current system (IRI) rather than calling for the 'downfall of the regime'. Because they realize that the ones who are calling for the downfall of the regime (MKO and other terrorist organizations) are those US / Israel backed groups which don't really care about Iran or the Iranian people but are only looking for their own short term benefit. This is becoming more obvious day by day. 

So I think what will happen as a result of this is Iran and other countries will realize that the US is not an 'honest broker' and is not interested in real cooperation or establishment of trust relationships. They are only interested in what they can gain, short term, from the relationship. So you will see countries, and this is already starting to happen, bypass the US and the UN and make bilateral and regional agreements, like what happened with the Syrian peace process, that is moving forward without the US, and just today North and South Korea have decided to hold bilateral talks without the US. And the US will become less and less relevant on the world stage as time goes by. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l was watching CBS This Morning.

They showed demonstrations in London and at the Brandenburg Gate (Berlin).

What if Iran started sending in foreign opposition parties into the UK and Germany in an attempt to cause a regime change? What if Iran started covering these protests the same way the west is covering the protests in Iran? Honestly if any of this happened it would be very funny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

^^^^^ "lsIamic Republic of England" does have a nice ring to it.

Also someone like Ayatollah Khamenai and Qom seminary should do a parody of this:

"In June 2009 Brookings Institute published a manual on how to overthrow the Iranian government or to take control of the country. "Iran junkie" Maloney was one of the authors. WHICH PATH TO PERSIA? - Options for a New American Strategy toward Iran (pdf) came in four parts:

  • Part I - Dissuading Tehran: The Diplomatic options.
  • Part II - Disarming Tehran: The Military options
  • Part III - Toppling Tehran: Regime Change
  • Part IV - Deterring Tehran: Containment

Part III includes:

  • Chapter 6: The Velvet revolution: supporting a Popular Uprising
  • Chapter 7: Inspiring an insurgency: supporting Iranian Minority and opposition Groups
  • Chapter 8: The coup: supporting a Military Move against the regime" 

And have the parody be: 

"Qom seminary published a manual on how to overthrow western governments or to take control of western countries. "Western junkie" Khamenai was one of the authors. WHICH PATH TO THE WEST? - Options for a New Iranian Strategy toward the West (pdf) came in four parts:

  • Part I - Dissuading Washington: The Diplomatic options.
  • Part II - Disarming Washington: The Military options
  • Part III - Toppling Washington: Regime Change
  • Part IV - Deterring Washington: Containment

Part III includes:

  • Chapter 6: The Red, white, and Blue revolution: supporting a Popular Uprising
  • Chapter 7: Inspiring an insurgency: supporting Western Minority and opposition Groups
  • Chapter 8: The coup: supporting a Military Move against their local western Regimes"

 

DISLCLAIMER: For all the non-muslims and muslims reading this, the parody was a joke. A JOKE. So I don't want to see any serious emotional fanfare about "Muslims taking over the West". Got it? Good. 

Edited by Guest Account Ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Not surprisingly, the UNSC turned down a US request for an emergency meeting on lran.

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/01/03/547695/Iran-UNSC-Nikki-Haley-Kairat-Umarov 

They're blowing it out of proportion tbh, there are legitimate grievances people have, but the protests aren't that large in number, if this was another country it wouldn't make the news given the numbers tbh. It seems a segment of the protests were about regime change in Iran, but by no means all and all of a sudden the media seems to be going on and on about another revolution happening now. There's a lot of misinformation coming out of twitter too, the death toll is in the low 20's I think, but many of these people killed have not in fact been killed by the police but by rioters themselves. One of the children many Iranian activists in the West said had been killed actually was not killed, he released a video saying he was fine. Another child killed wasn't killed by the police but by rioters who essentially drove into him. There have also been rioters who burned down a police station and a mosque. There are also demonstrations against these people who also support the peaceful protests against corruption, etc. So, it seems its only a minority that's keen on fomenting chaos and destruction, but the way the media portrays it is that the security forces are killing peaceful protesters.

Edited by Mohamed1993

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

I think what the Iranian people and others should realize is that if you compromise with the real axis of evil (US, Saudi, Israel) you get nothing in return. Look, the past two years Iran has opened up completely to the Inspections regime and abided by their contract. What has happened is that most of the sanctions are still in place, and whatever sanctions were lifted Trump is constantly threatening to reimpose, US is how threatening other governments that if they do business with Iran, they will not be able to do business with the US. Basically attempting to impose an economic boycott thru other means (and the usual means) which is an act of war, even though Iran is abiding by the terms of the agreement. That is why I think most of the protesters are seeking reforms within the current system (IRI) rather than calling for the 'downfall of the regime'. Because they realize that the ones who are calling for the downfall of the regime (MKO and other terrorist organizations) are those US / Israel backed groups which don't really care about Iran or the Iranian people but are only looking for their own short term benefit. This is becoming more obvious day by day. 

So I think what will happen as a result of this is Iran and other countries will realize that the US is not an 'honest broker' and is not interested in real cooperation or establishment of trust relationships. They are only interested in what they can gain, short term, from the relationship. So you will see countries, and this is already starting to happen, bypass the US and the UN and make bilateral and regional agreements, like what happened with the Syrian peace process, that is moving forward without the US, and just today North and South Korea have decided to hold bilateral talks without the US. And the US will become less and less relevant on the world stage as time goes by. 

There are so many other countries Iran can trade with other than Israel and USA. What is the problem? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

What if Iran started sending in foreign opposition parties into the UK and Germany in an attempt to cause a regime change? What if Iran started covering these protests the same way the west is covering the protests in Iran? Honestly if any of this happened it would be very funny. 

Has anybody claimed foreign parties have been sent into Iran?

20 people died, what is funny with western coverage of Iranian demonstrations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andres said:

Has anybody claimed foreign parties have been sent into Iran?

20 people died, what is funny with western coverage of Iranian demonstrations?

For your first point, You must not be paying attention to the news (not by western media). 

Also as for the 20 dead figure. Here is an uncomfortable truth: "The total death toll of the "peaceful protests" is now some 21 of which (by my count) at least five were policemen killed in attacks by "protesters" and two unrelated civilians who were run over and killed by rioters driving a stolen firetruck. Six rioters were killed when they tried to attack a police station in the town of Qahderijan. The governor there claimed that the attackers were armed with guns."

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/01/iran-protests-decrease-riots-increase-us-prepares-for-the-next-phase.html#more

(I suggest reading the entire link for more information)

I assume you could care less about the 5 cops being killed? Or the two protesters who were run over by... other protesters. Or the 6 rioters who tried to invade a freaking police station, and in anyone's book at that point killing the invaders would not be seen as unsusal though undesirable. But here is thing, everyone and they mama cares only about the civilians killed by police but don't seem to care about the other half of the casualty figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Account Ali said:

For your first point, You must not be paying attention to the news (not by western media). 

Also as for the 20 dead figure. Here is an uncomfortable truth: "The total death toll of the "peaceful protests" is now some 21 of which (by my count) at least five were policemen killed in attacks by "protesters" and two unrelated civilians who were run over and killed by rioters driving a stolen firetruck. Six rioters were killed when they tried to attack a police station in the town of Qahderijan. The governor there claimed that the attackers were armed with guns."

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/01/iran-protests-decrease-riots-increase-us-prepares-for-the-next-phase.html#more

(I suggest reading the entire link for more information)

I assume you could care less about the 5 cops being killed? Or the two protesters who were run over by... other protesters. Or the 6 rioters who tried to invade a freaking police station, and in anyone's book at that point killing the invaders would not be seen as unsusal though undesirable. But here is thing, everyone and they mama cares only about the civilians killed by police but don't seem to care about the other half of the casualty figures. 

Ok. 21 dead during demonstration is worse than 20. Whoever they were, police or civilians, this is news that will be reported no matter where in the world it happened

Have the Iranian police arrested foreigners, this will also be of interest for all newsagencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andres said:

Has anybody claimed foreign parties have been sent into Iran?

20 people died, what is funny with western coverage of Iranian demonstrations?

Western coverage is among the most dishonest coverage you can get when it comes to these kind of situations.

20 people die while vandalizing the streets in Iran, sorry I mean "demonstrating" and the whole western media goes crazy with everyone racing to condemn it and telling Iran that "we are watching".

X thousands of people die continuously in Yemen by bomb drops of saudi and starvation and sickness and the best you will get is some tired trainee at the paper office writing a small news line about it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, andres said:

Ok. 21 dead during demonstration is worse than 20. Whoever they were, police or civilians, this is news that will be reported no matter where in the world it happened

Have the Iranian police arrested foreigners, this will also be of interest for all newsagencies.

Bruh you are distracting from what I called you out on. Mainly your crocodile tears of the 20-21 dead figure. Of which just as many of those dead if not close to half are police and protestors killing protestors and protestors going completely insane and invading police stations. But nobody and they mama cares about these incidents.

 

And you still have not replied to me asking if you care about the police being killed just as you do about some of the "protesters" (see rioters) being killed. Sure, killing rioters is not desirable, but when they are vandalizing the streets we ain't exactly gonna hug them and shoot lollipops at them. Detainment even according to Iranian news was the objective for these rioters but things can sometimes escalate (see Ferguson and Occupy wall street)

 

And as for the foreign party investment. Read comments from others on here that mention MKO involvement, Satanist group involvement, and pro shah elements that are involved. And also not to mention other users here saying some of the protest videos are emerging as fake. 

Edited by Guest Account Ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Bruh you are distracting from what I called you out on. Mainly your crocodile tears of the 20-21 dead figure. Of which just as many of those dead if not close to half are police themselves. But nobody and they mama cares about their deaths.

And you still have not replied to me asking if you care about the police being killed just as you do about some of the protesters being killed. 

And as for the foreign party investment. Read comments from others on here that mention MKO involvement, Satanist group involvement, and pro shah elements that are involved. And also not to mention other users here saying some of the protest videos are emerging as fake. 

Why would I care less over policemen dying than civilians? 

 The Iranian president say the demonstrators are people frustrated over their economy. This makes more sense to me than were they Satanists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, andres said:

Why would I care less over policemen dying than civilians? 

 The Iranian president say the demonstrators are people frustrated over their economy. This makes more sense to me than were they Satanists. 

Bruh, there is a difference between protesters and rioters. The rioters are indeed foreign elements meant to take things to a new level. The protesters are genuine. Unfortunately, the rioters want to appear as protesters. And this is where the conflict is. These rioters (with clearly bad intentions) is something Iran has recognized are the real foreign elements and threats and are from what I have read on this thread something the police in Iran know all to well. But of course, western media coverage wants to make you think that the rioters are legitimate protesters. At least that is how Reuters, etc is depicting them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

French President on the situation in Iran

-------

“The official line pursued by the United States, Israel and Saudi Arabia, who are our allies in many ways, is almost one that would lead us to war,” Macron told reporters.

The line being taken was “a deliberate strategy for some,” he said.

France, he said, wanted to maintain some balance.

“Otherwise, we end up surreptitiously rebuilding an ‘axis of evil’,” he said, referring to a comment by former U.S. President George W. Bush, who once used that term to describe countries including Iran, Iraq and North Korea.

Macron also said he would only visit Iran if there was a return to calm and respect for freedoms.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-iran-rallies-macron/macron-urges-dialogue-with-iran-rebukes-u-s-israel-for-bellicose-comments-idUKKBN1ES1TU?il=0

Lets not forget, Macron also intervened when Saudis were holding Hariri hostage and asked him to resign; to stop Lebanon being destabilized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Bruh, there is a difference between protesters and rioters. The rioters are indeed foreign elements meant to take things to a new level. The protesters are genuine. Unfortunately, the rioters want to appear as protesters. And this is where the conflict is. These rioters (with clearly bad intentions) is something Iran has recognized are the real foreign elements and threats and are from what I have read on this thread something the police in Iran know all to well. But of course, western media coverage wants to make you think that the rioters are legitimate protesters. At least that is how Reuters, etc is depicting them. 

I agree. Very often, when there are demonstrations, rioters see an opportunity to vandalise. This happens also in Sweden. Vandalisers exist everywhere, and they are good for nothing. From the news I have seen, my impression is that most demonstrations were peaceful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, shiasoldier786 said:

Looks like its all over and things are under control now. 

We can now watch the priceless reaction and disappointment of those who said that Iran was on the brink of a collapse. :grin:

Collapse would be a disaster. Slow changes are better than revolutions. Iran has got the potential of becoming a good nation for people to live in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[i'm not iranian]. it's already is and no doubt could be better. here's why. it's the only country on planet earth which forbids riba (usury).

According to this law, Iranian banks can only engage in interest-free Islamic transactions (as interest is considered usury or "riba" and is forbidden by Islam and the holy book of Qur’an).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bank_of_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran

realistically, a government full of justice and oppression free is only possible during imam mahdi (atjf). so in the mean time, let's not add more corruption on planet earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think the protestors should realize the money spent on neighboring countries is to ensure the battle won't come to downtown Tehran.

if they start spending less on their foreign allies, their regional influence will wither away and that woud make them incredibly vulnerable. Then US and their regiona enemies will be abe to BURN their country to the ground, just like they've already burned Iraq, Libya and Syria to the ground.

Tehran has been clear about this for many years now. The IRGC even states this explicitly: we are fighting until the bitter end or sweet victory in Aleppo and Damasqus because otherwise the enemy will bring the battle to downrtown Tehran

https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/7nw1ec/impact_on_war_if_iran_situation_devolves/

Edited by justAnothermuslim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andres said:

Collapse would be a disaster. Slow changes are better than revolutions. Iran has got the potential of becoming a good nation for people to live in. 

I don't think you understand what you mean by slow changes. These changes are not going to be towards a liberal secular democracy like Sweden. Iran never is going to become like that. Iranians collectively have always historically and even into the future will continue to be very conservative religiously. And the recent protests should tell you that Iranians are now fed up with the reformists and their agenda and now will start characteristically voting for the traditionalists. And then back and fourth, sort of like (ironically) the United States. 

In fact, it is funny since Iran and the US are more similar to each other than either would like to admit in more ways than one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

For your first point, You must not be paying attention to the news (not by western media). 

Also as for the 20 dead figure. Here is an uncomfortable truth: "The total death toll of the "peaceful protests" is now some 21 of which (by my count) at least five were policemen killed in attacks by "protesters" and two unrelated civilians who were run over and killed by rioters driving a stolen firetruck. Six rioters were killed when they tried to attack a police station in the town of Qahderijan. The governor there claimed that the attackers were armed with guns."

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/01/iran-protests-decrease-riots-increase-us-prepares-for-the-next-phase.html#more

(I suggest reading the entire link for more information)

I assume you could care less about the 5 cops being killed? Or the two protesters who were run over by... other protesters. Or the 6 rioters who tried to invade a freaking police station, and in anyone's book at that point killing the invaders would not be seen as unsusal though undesirable. But here is thing, everyone and they mama cares only about the civilians killed by police but don't seem to care about the other half of the casualty figures. 

l do remember posting this in 2009:

When l was in the Nat'l guard, l kept the briefing papers for the sniper team in case of a riot. The commander was to read this to them, that the standing order is to look for people with containers. lf it a bottle -for instance- just watch. lf the bottle has something stuck into the open end it could be just something to prevent dirt getting in or prevent spillage. BUT lf someone lights it a starts to throw it shoot-to-kill-period. Why? Because firebombing an occupied building is attempted murder under state law (which is true in nearly every state of the USA).

l saw film this morning or last night of those rioters throwing fire bombs into a building identified as a police station the news said so they could steal guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, andres said:

There are so many other countries Iran can trade with other than Israel and USA. What is the problem? 

If any country wants to trade with Iran it is bullied by the US and threatened that the US will not do business with them. This is probably why Iran has relationships with countries that are also under sanctions from the US, not necessarily because Iran loves those countries (or their controversial leaders) but because those countries are more than willing to do business with Iran.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayatollah Khamenei's statements on recent events in Iran

ديدارها دیدار اعضای شورای هماهنگی تبلیغات اسلامی سراسر کشور با مقام معظم رهبری

Tehran (ISNA) - In recent events, the enemies of Iran united by using different tools in their disposition, including money, weapons, politics and intelligence, in order to create problems for Islamic system.

In continuation of Ayatollah Khamenei's weekly meetings with the respected families of the martyrs, a group of families of the martyrs of the 8-year holy Sacred Defense era met with Ayatollah Khamenei on Tuesday, January 2, 2018

he stated, "What prevents the enemies and their hostile actions is the spirit of courage, self-sacrifice, and faith among the people".

Pointing to the fact that the enemy has always waited for the opportunity to penetrate and damage the Iranian nation, Ayatollah Khamenei added, "In recent events, the enemies of Iran united by using different tools in their disposition, including money, weapons, politics and intelligence, in order to create problems for Islamic system".

He continued, "Regarding these events, I have more to say, which I will share with dear Iranian people at the right time."

https://en.isna.ir/news/96101206499/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-statements-on-recent-events-in-Iran

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/5378/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-statements-on-recent-events-in-Iran

Pointing to the fact that the enemy has always waited for the opportunity to penetrate and endamage the Iranian nation, Ayatollah Khamenei added: "In recent events, the enemies of Iran united by using different tools in their disposition, including money, weapons, politics and intelligence, in order to create problems for the Islamic system."

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/5378/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-statements-on-recent-events-in-Iran

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/5336/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-friendly-talk-with-the-families-of-Sacred (video)

He continued, "Regarding these events, I have more to say, which I will share with dear Iranian people at the right time."

Recent riots result of foreign proxy war against Iran: Shamkhani

57342994.jpg

Tehran (ISNA) - Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Shamkhani has said certain countries are waging a "proxy war" against the Islamic Republic via social media and the internet.

https://en.isna.ir/news/96101206330/Recent-riots-result-of-foreign-proxy-war-against-Iran-Shamkhani

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wolverine said:

If any country wants to trade with Iran it is bullied by the US and threatened that the US will not do business with them. This is probably why Iran has relationships with countries that are also under sanctions from the US, not necessarily because Iran loves those countries (or their controversial leaders) but because those countries are more than willing to do business with Iran.  

Despite of Trumps personal pride lots of US companies are eager to trade with Iran. The Swedish government does not share Trumps wish to isolate Iran. Trump actually is isolating USA from the rest of the world. 

https://www.business-sweden.se/Export/marknader/mellanostern/iran/business-sweden-in-tehran-inagurated/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

I don't think you understand what you mean by slow changes. These changes are not going to be towards a liberal secular democracy like Sweden. Iran never is going to become like that. Iranians collectively have always historically and even into the future will continue to be very conservative religiously. And the recent protests should tell you that Iranians are now fed up with the reformists and their agenda and now will start characteristically voting for the traditionalists. And then back and fourth, sort of like (ironically) the United States. 

In fact, it is funny since Iran and the US are more similar to each other than either would like to admit in more ways than one. 

Iranians like US people are very diverse. They are male, female, communists, conservatives, reformists, secular, religious, homos, heteros, black and whites. So also in Europe. In democrasies it is rather clear how many of each kind, in totalitarian states it can be difficult to say, because opposition may harm you. Iranians are not zombies, we have just witnessed this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Ayatollah Khamenei's statements on recent events in Iran

ديدارها دیدار اعضای شورای هماهنگی تبلیغات اسلامی سراسر کشور با مقام معظم رهبری

Tehran (ISNA) - In recent events, the enemies of Iran united by using different tools in their disposition, including money, weapons, politics and intelligence, in order to create problems for Islamic system.

In continuation of Ayatollah Khamenei's weekly meetings with the respected families of the martyrs, a group of families of the martyrs of the 8-year holy Sacred Defense era met with Ayatollah Khamenei on Tuesday, January 2, 2018

he stated, "What prevents the enemies and their hostile actions is the spirit of courage, self-sacrifice, and faith among the people".

Pointing to the fact that the enemy has always waited for the opportunity to penetrate and damage the Iranian nation, Ayatollah Khamenei added, "In recent events, the enemies of Iran united by using different tools in their disposition, including money, weapons, politics and intelligence, in order to create problems for Islamic system".

He continued, "Regarding these events, I have more to say, which I will share with dear Iranian people at the right time."

https://en.isna.ir/news/96101206499/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-statements-on-recent-events-in-Iran

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/5378/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-statements-on-recent-events-in-Iran

Pointing to the fact that the enemy has always waited for the opportunity to penetrate and endamage the Iranian nation, Ayatollah Khamenei added: "In recent events, the enemies of Iran united by using different tools in their disposition, including money, weapons, politics and intelligence, in order to create problems for the Islamic system."

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/5378/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-statements-on-recent-events-in-Iran

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/5336/Ayatollah-Khamenei-s-friendly-talk-with-the-families-of-Sacred (video)

He continued, "Regarding these events, I have more to say, which I will share with dear Iranian people at the right time."

Recent riots result of foreign proxy war against Iran: Shamkhani

57342994.jpg

Tehran (ISNA) - Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Ali Shamkhani has said certain countries are waging a "proxy war" against the Islamic Republic via social media and the internet.

https://en.isna.ir/news/96101206330/Recent-riots-result-of-foreign-proxy-war-against-Iran-Shamkhani

Blaiming domestic troubble on foreign powers. Pathetic. And an insult agains those Iranians that protest because of bad conditions. Like in all other nations there are also intelligent politicians in Iran. Rouhani is one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andres said:

Blaiming domestic troubble on foreign powers. Pathetic. And an insult agains those Iranians that protest because of bad conditions. Like in all other nations there are also intelligent politicians in Iran. Rouhani is one. 

In todays modern interconnected world, there is no such thing as a clear line between 'domestic' and 'international' troubles. A good portion of the domestic troubles Iran is having, economically, has to do with the boycotts and sanctions imposed on Iran by US. If you are say a trade representative from Mexico and you want to do business with an Iranian company, then the US finds out and calls and threatens your company and says 'If you do business with Iran, you cannot do business with the US' and a good portion of your sales are in the US, you will of course not do the deal with the Iranian company in order to save your business. And this lack of trade and investment will also harm the Iranian economy and people. So this leads to a domestic situation, bad economy, which is caused by an international situation. I am not saying this is the only problem in the Iranian economy, but it is one of the largest ones. 

And if you say 'That is made up, the US doesn't really do that'. Yes, they do this all the time. Now and in the past. The only difference between now and in the past is that, in the past, this would all be done in secret and the US Govt representatives wouldn't even acknowledge that it goes on. Now, with Trump, he says it openly and admits it. In a way, this is good because now it is out in the open and noone can deny it anymore. What is being done to Iran by the US is equivalent to a naval blockade in the Old days where enemy ships would surround the sea ports and land crossings and not let any goods move in and out of the country. Only now it is being done virtually, thru putting pressure from the outside on any government or business that wants to trade with Iran. This is an act of war, always has been since the days of the Roman Empire. This has been going on for almost 40 years. 

But the other side of this is that now many countries are starting to realize that it is not a good thing to give the US so much power to do this kind of blockade because they know that if somehow they fall out of favor with the US, it will be done to them. That is why you see different things happening in the world today, as I mentioned in my earlier post.  

Edited by Abu Hadi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, andres said:

Iranians like US people are very diverse. They are male, female, communists, conservatives, reformists, secular, religious, homos, heteros, black and whites. So also in Europe. In democrasies it is rather clear how many of each kind, in totalitarian states it can be difficult to say, because opposition may harm you. Iranians are not zombies, we have just witnessed this. 

Yes but diversity does not equal= secular liberal democracy. Even liberalism has taken a downturn in recent years. For example, it is rather foolish to say the US will have most of its population be liberal. Since for a long time and even nowadays most of its population is conservative. And it is unlikely this will change in the US. So similarly in Iran. And even then what the reformist and conservative parties and most people in Iran know is that despite their slight political or social changes they all still greatly support wilayat e faqih. This also is unlikely to change. 

 

I can't tell if you think Iran is a totalitarian state or not. If you do, then Iran has a higher voter turnout than the US and UK's dead democracies. And yes even the supreme leader is indirectly elected since the council of experts appoints the supreme leader and members of the council of experts are voted directly in by the people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...